spc
uniqs

howie1
Premium Member
join:2003-04-08
Antarctica

howie1

Premium Member

Re: Strange Musicmatch Jukebox 10 Issue?

With mim.exe running.

With mim.exe stopped.

I just found another interesting (and slightly disturbing) thing that mim.exe does and that is that it won't allow you to format a drive while in XP. I have a third hdd (E) that I use exclusively for backup images and I normally format it in Windows when I decide to start fresh with a new full image. It seems that with mim.exe running, it "locks" additional physical drives and won't allow you to format them in Windows. If I try to format, I get the above image (top). If I end the mim.exe process, I can get right in and do the format (bottom pic). I did contact MM asking just what this process is and hopefully they'll get back to me.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

That sucks!
gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm to howie1

Premium Member

to howie1
They want me to e mail them a photo of the white dot. The problem is screen capture wont pick it up. I guess its too small.
gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

even when reinstalling musicmatch the white dot is still there.
gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

Anyone else here using MusicMatch 10 see that white dot in the upper left corner of your screen?

Sid5
Premium Member
join:2002-11-29
Santa Maria, CA

2 edits

Sid5

Premium Member

Click for full size
Hmm. I never noticed it before but now I see it. Its very small, I dont even know how you noticed it. I cant see it either in a screen shot.

howie1
Premium Member
Antarctica

howie1

Premium Member

Yes, that's it... I found it more of a curiosity than an issue but I find the inclusion of "mim.exe", which runs at startup and is the cause of the "white dot" to be something I'd rather not have running all the time. I've even had a few issues with it at shutdown and it's popped up an error message 2 or 3 times. I decided to go back to version 9 until they get the kinks worked out of this new version.
funnyfingers
join:2002-03-27
Baltimore, MD

funnyfingers to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I updated musicmatch 9 to 10 because 9 would constantly run at over 90% processor time. I had to set it to below normal priority. It wouldn't play music correctly unless I set it lower. I installed a new version of 9 and it worked for a day. I installed 10 twice and it will close after displaying the splash screen and playing its opening theme, usually it is cut short. I do not have the paid version. Is there any other way to notify Musicmatch of this?
I have WInXP Pro SP2
funnyfingers

funnyfingers

I will go back to 8.2 for now I had no problems it

I will go back to 8.2 for now I had no problems it...THANKS

Willy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-24
USA

Willy to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm

Re: Strange Musicmatch Jukebox 10 Issue?

Yep I just noticed it.

Bubba_B
@ibm.com

Bubba_B to funnyfingers

Anon

to funnyfingers
After up?grading to 10, my cpu would peg at 90% for no good reason while I played music. Poking around, I noticed that if I "login" to online feature, the CPU would drop to almost nothing. OK, one bug nailed (I reported it).

I've got the mim.exe crash as well. But for me, it occurs just about ever time a new track begins to play!

Another ugly bug I reported: mmjb would get into a state where it would crash every time I tried to go to the online features. Evidently, cybersitter (which I have installed) was blocking access to an mmjb website. That's hardly a good reason for an applicaiton to crash! But at least I figured it out. Sadly, they couldn't when I sent them 2 different reports.
funnyfingers
join:2002-03-27
Baltimore, MD

funnyfingers

I have nothing else running like cybersitter. I guess I will wait for an update for 10. I will use WIndows Media Player in the meantime. I really like Music Match but it is just starting to plain suck.

passerby
@fccj.edu

passerby to howie1

Anon

to howie1
I was wondering myself what mim.exe does exactly. things that run in the background on my computer without my consent piss me off, especially when i don't know what the hell they are. I would like eo know what it is if anyone finds out.

howie1
Premium Member
Antarctica

howie1

Premium Member

said by passerby:

I was wondering myself what mim.exe does exactly. things that run in the background on my computer without my consent piss me off, especially when i don't know what the hell they are. I would like eo know what it is if anyone finds out.
Check out this post:
»Strange Musicmatch Jukebox 10 Issue?

SammyP
@cgocable.net

SammyP to gate1975mlm

Anon

to gate1975mlm
I see the white dot also. I went into task manager and ended the mim.exe process and the dot disappeared. I also noticed that with musicmatch 10, when you load the program up, after 30 seconds the program freezes for about 2 minutes and at the bottom it says "checking for compnent updates". then after 2 mintes it says checking cancelled , but i didnt cancel it. Also, most times that I try to edit track info in musicmatch 10, an error occurs and the program is shut down. This upgrade is shit. I want Musicmatch 9 back. too many bugs in 10.
jdmatl
join:2000-04-27
Deerfield Beach, FL

jdmatl

said by SammyP:

I see the white dot also. I went into task manager and ended the mim.exe process and the dot disappeared. I also noticed that with musicmatch 10, when you load the program up, after 30 seconds the program freezes for about 2 minutes and at the bottom it says "checking for compnent updates". then after 2 mintes it says checking cancelled , but i didnt cancel it. Also, most times that I try to edit track info in musicmatch 10, an error occurs and the program is shut down. This upgrade is shit. I want Musicmatch 9 back. too many bugs in 10.
I removed v10 and fell back to version 8. v10 uses windows messgenger. Too many resources..

JumpstreetUK
@cable.ubr05.edin.blu

JumpstreetUK to funnyfingers

Anon

to funnyfingers
I also have the problem of V10 showing the splash screen and then crashing. All previous versions worked fine. I have the paid version plus future upgrades. Asked about a refund but was ignored.
So far I have been pointed at 3 patched versions of V10 - all of which have had the same problem. I've gone back to V9 but now seriously considering giving up on Musicmatch and going to a competitor's product - maybe even Microsoft!!!

Moonlightboyken
@246.xx.adsl.skynet.b

Moonlightboyken to howie1

Anon

to howie1
hellow passerby,

i have read your information...i give you de information what you are searching about.. :

Process File: mim.exe
Process Name: Musicmatch Jukebox Process

Description: mim.exe is belonging to the Musicmatch Jukebox software. Musicmatch Jukebox is a multimedia application supporting most known media formats. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference.
For More Info About mim.exe - Get WinTasks 5 Pro Now!

Author: Musicmatch
Part of: Musicmatch Jukebox

System Process: No
Application: Yes
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: No
Uses Internet: No
Hardware Related: No
Memory Usage : N/A ( Free Up Memory )

Spyware: No
Adware No
Virus: No