uniqs

SilentHillDK
@04-193-70697410.cust

SilentHillDK

Anon

D-Link 604 router: Firmware upgrade = crash

Current Firmware Version: V3.07
Firmware Date: Fri, Nov 12 2004

This is the current firmware on the router, which I just installed today. Offcorse, I forgot to save my settings for the router, so I had to set up everything from scratch

But it seems now, that my router is crashing when I try to set up FTP on port 21 (havn't tried other ports). By crash I mean that router stops responding, and have to be restarted, and internet don't work while this problem is on.

Anyone knows where I can get a downgrade of the firmware back to v. 3.04 (default firmware) or know why this happens to me?

Model: Dl-604
H/W ver: D1
F/W: 3.04
SilentHillDK

SilentHillDK

Anon

Now when I'm looking at my own post, I think a firmware upgrade might be a posibility too though
SilentHillDK

SilentHillDK

Anon

Funbled a bit around more, and port 666 as FTP works fine, as long as you remember to connect in active mode.

It HAVE to be a setting on port 21 that causes this crash, or the firmware upgrade itself...
a1smith
join:2005-01-10
Troy, MI

a1smith to SilentHillDK

to SilentHillDK
said by SilentHillDK:

Anyone knows where I can get a downgrade of the firmware back to v. 3.04 (default firmware) or know why this happens to me?

Model: Dl-604
H/W ver: D1
F/W: 3.04
All I could find for H/W D on UK D-Link website is this ftp address: »ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/di_broad ··· _rev_dx/

They have version 3.06 and one other that looks like 3.05b02. From the files in the zip file it looks like the release date for that firmware is May 28, 2004. The zip file has an EXE and a BIN file with the same name.

My DI-604 is version E so I can't say whether the 3.05 file will work for you.
a1smith

a1smith to SilentHillDK

to SilentHillDK
Found a newer version 3.08 dated 12/02/2004 on Taiwan website. Maybe a newer file will eliminate problem. It looks like they have a Chinese and an English version of firmware available.

Problems Resolved:
1. Router may crash when downloading files from remote FTP server via web browser.
2. Improved throughput performance when WAN port connects to 10MB device.

So, maybe they've fixed your problem.
See »tsd.dlink.com.tw/ModelDo ··· o=EHEEGG
iulian2
join:2004-02-08
Romania

1 edit

iulian2

I think firmware 3.08 will resolve this problem.
Try to install 3.08.

You may be interested to read this thread too »DI-604 D1 fw 3.08 tested?
about f/w 3.08. If you have problems installing 3.08 don't give up.. I eventually succeeded installing it.

Basher13
join:2004-05-02
Beverly Hills, CA

Basher13

On what page in the product manual, did you see
or did it state that firmwares from other countries (namely,
that from Taiwan, UK, Germany, etc.) can
be intermixed with products manufactured
and sold in the USA ?

SilentHillDK
@04-193-70697410.cust

SilentHillDK

Anon

I used the firmware from my contry, Denmark from the official page. It fucked my router up... I'm running now with ftp port 21 again after another unofficial firmware upgrade, but I cant connect though port 21 on a local machine without it still crashes the whole router. Its better, but still unstable ad hell...