Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to fatness

Re: Avatars - Bigger

said by fatness:

said by INTENS1:

I may not agree, but I see your point/opinion fatness See Profile...in the posts above, there's been a lot of references to increasing the file size only...not the width x height. Any possibility there?
If it doesn't mess up anything that currently is displayed, I'd support that. The visual space and the features already included in "I see people" are my concerns.
fatness, not trying to be argumentative, just trying for a little understanding since I'm one of those that take little advantage of the I see people feature. Didn't we get that AFTER the size change, and can't the I see people feature be adjusted easily by adding/subtracting to accommodate a larger size avatar-even to not ever seeing the avatar? (PS would also be VERY happy with larger file size :D:D:D, just trying to understand the dimension problem)
--
want to know what I'm doing?

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
said by dandelion:

fatness, not trying to be argumentative, just trying for a little understanding since I'm one of those that take little advantage of the I see people feature. Didn't we get that AFTER the size change, and can't the I see people feature be adjusted easily by adding/subtracting to accommodate a larger size avatar-even to not ever seeing the avatar? (PS would also be VERY happy with larger file size :D:D:D, just trying to understand the dimension problem)
"I See People" was introduced in this thread: »[request] I quite like this one

Further on in the thread the problem of old 40x50 avatars came to light. It wasn't possible for them to be displayed any way but rectangular. Here's the post in that thread on that subject: »[request] I quite like this one

Uploads were limited then to 40x40, and I talked to Justin a great deal about the possibility of larger avatars. His conclusion was that it would just not work with the "I See People" feature.

That's the history of it that I know.
--
I know what I'm doing.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

3 edits
quote:
fatness See Profile
Uploads were limited then to 40x40, and I talked to Justin a great deal about the possibility of larger avatars. His conclusion was that it would just not work with the "I See People" feature.
That's the history of it that I know.
Okay. The "I See People" thing I don't know or use. I'm a member. I'm not a premium member so this does not affect me nor can I comment on that part of your argument that you've brought up a couple times now. I wish I could but, I can't. Justin may very well have his own reasons... but I don't get them.

But then again, it's not really all that surprising now is it? Of course he said no. I wouldn't expect him to say yes? That should not discourage anyone from continuing to post their own viewpoints on the subject.

REGARDLESS if you vote for this new motion of mine or not. Post what you think. That's what this thread is all about!
--
"You have no idea what I am capable of. People who have tried to cross me, have lived to regret it... ~Michelle Stafford (Phyllis)

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to fatness
"said by justin :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the site didnt/doesnt resize avatars to 40x40, the IMG tag does (your browser) for custom tags only (so far).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so our browsers are now re-sizing all avatars to 40x40? I'm guessing because they were too big before"

Oh, thought I read that post pretty good, didn't see this, thanks for the link- it appears to be an either/or thing, either "I see people", or larger avatar? Didn't realize that, thanks for the clarification fatness .
--
want to know what I'm doing?

RPM Jack
Premium,MVM
join:2001-07-19
USA
FWIW, *sign* again

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to dandelion
So we don't get off topic post about increasing Avatar "FILE SIZE" in the thread linked below.

»[request] Requesting larger file size for avatars

Good luck dandelion See Profile with your motion.