Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

[E-mail] EasyChange?

I just got an email to one of my secondary email accounts advertising EasyChange software which supposedly will switch all my email accounts to use my Comcast account. Anyone know anything about this?
--

The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

J D McDorce
Premium
join:2001-12-29
Westland, MI

Here are a couple of links, if they help:
»www.trueswitch.com/comcast/
»faq.comcast.net/faq/answer.jsp?n···syChange

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
kudos:1

Thanks for those links. I got the same e-mail today as Morac See Profile, also addressed to one of my secondary accounts.

TraumaJunkie
Premium
join:2004-03-05
Knoxville, TN

EasyChange works really well on 99% of the machine configurations out there. Transfers your address book and any email on your old ISP account to your Comcast and then emails everyone on the contact list and give them your new email address.
--
I'm not really sure what I am doing, but I'm doing it anyway!

TexasPlus
Don't Blame Me I Voted For The American
Premium
join:2004-06-16
Bedford, TX
reply to Morac

said by Morac:

I just got an email to one of my secondary email accounts advertising EasyChange software which supposedly will switch all my email accounts to use my Comcast account. Anyone know anything about this?
I got this from comcast today
If you're not using your Comcast.net email address, xxxxxx@comcast.net, for all of your email communications, it's time you started. One big advantage is that you can transition smoothly to your Comcast Webmail account using EasyChange, powered by Trueswitch.

Concerned about disruptions or losing a precious contact? No worries - we'll automatically notify your contacts about your switch. Your stored emails and address book will get transferred, too.
Why in the world would ANYONE want to use this????????
It looks like the "AOL Simpleton mentality" at work here, and it more or less locks you into having a comcast email address, making it more difficult to switch ISP's in the future.

It makes more sense to have a none ISP account that one can forward all other email address to. Then WHEN you switch ISP's (and you will) just switch the forwarded address to your steady email address. I have had the same email address from 7 years now, and have had at least 10 different ISP's over that time. No one ever could tell my ISP changed because all I had to do was change my new ISP email to forward to my steady email address. There are several ways one can hold onto a email address and keep it Independent of your ISP.

TraumaJunkie
Premium
join:2004-03-05
Knoxville, TN

said by TexasPlus:

said by Morac:

I got this from comcast today
If you're not using your Comcast.net email address, xxxxxx@comcast.net, for all of your email communications, it's time you started. One big advantage is that you can transition smoothly to your Comcast Webmail account using EasyChange, powered by Trueswitch.

Concerned about disruptions or losing a precious contact? No worries - we'll automatically notify your contacts about your switch. Your stored emails and address book will get transferred, too.
Why in the world would ANYONE want to use this????????
It looks like the "AOL Simpleton mentality" at work here, and it more or less locks you into having a comcast email address, making it more difficult to switch ISP's in the future.

It makes more sense to have a none ISP account that one can forward all other email address to. Then WHEN you switch ISP's (and you will) just switch the forwarded address to your steady email address. I have had the same email address from 7 years now, and have had at least 10 different ISP's over that time. No one ever could tell my ISP changed because all I had to do was change my new ISP email to forward to my steady email address. There are several ways one can hold onto a email address and keep it Independent of your ISP.
read the entire program info. This is for people who USE their old ISP's email address and WANT to muse their Comcast and DO NOT ant to have to reneter all their contacts in the WEBMAIL address book or send an email to EVERYONE in their contact list to inform them of the new address. This process automates that for them. If you don't use yor ISP email address then this isn't for you so you canm ignore everything about it and move on. If you did, it would be to you to use. Do you use the mailbox in front of your home or at your apartment complex? If so, you would have to use some sort of address change process if you moved....so explain the difference?
--
I'm not really sure what I am doing, but I'm doing it anyway!