Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to drake

Re: Verizon FIOS Members Review Page

maybe pissed that Verizon went public with Fios?

and they don't care how long it takes for them to setup the reviews for it?

NOCMan
MacChatter
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to drake

*sign*

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
reply to drake

*SIGN*

definitely

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to drake

sure, I'll work on this.
The link to the entity will be
»User reviews - Verizon FiOS
when it stops saying "invalid entry", you'll be able to review them online and past reviews that have accumulated will start to appear.

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
reply to drake

WTF is *SIGN* ?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to drake

about time...

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to justin

It seems to be working now. Thanks, Justin!

slammed hard

@phlapa.fios.verizon.
reply to drake

FIOS is great! They even throw in a router/firewall.
DO NOT take the Direct TV deal with Verizon. They (Verizon gets a commision) broke so many state and federal laws/rules I lost count. Direct TV will out right lie to you about their terms/contract. If you try to concell the VERBAL contract they will try to charge you $287+++++so many ...but wait it gets better(meaning worse) Since it's "married" to your phone bill the D TV charges are treated just like a long distance carrier would be. Then D TV will bill you directely bill for the same charges. That's called double billing. DIRECT TV are lying crooks. YOU BEEN WARNED! I managed to get most my money back, and I'm a real mean, persistant dog. You probly won't do as well. grrrrr:o

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to drake

see

panarelli

join:2005-07-10
Reston, VA

I virtually through out my Comcast out the window and got Verizon FiOS. Installers were fast and full of good advice. I'm downloading and uploading so quickly, I can hardly keep up. It's nice o take advantage of fiber technology (finally):)

jonesyjones

join:2001-08-09

Smooth as butter

I would like to say that the install was the SMOOTHEST and most professional I have come across in a while.

The guy was on time, he was friendly and knowledgeable.

Total time was about 4 hours.

The service is NOTICEABLY faster than OOL.

I was so ecstatic that I canceled and returned my OOL equipment before the day ended!!

FWIW, I chose the wired router.

I currently have another wired router, and 3 Buffalo wireless routers working on it. That took all of 30 seconds to setup after the technician had the wired router online.

If anyone has questions regarding a similar setup let me know via post or PM.

-Mike

John__B

@lmco.com
reply to drake

Re: Verizon FIOS Members Review Page

Verizon Fios was/is a huge headache for me and i warn everyone against switching. I ordered the 15/2 plan and to start it took 6 weeks for them to complete the install. I ended up with 4 total install dates, 2 of them they canceled on me while i am sitting at home waiting and the other 2 they were over 5 hours late. Last install date the guy showed up at 7pm and was supposed to be at my house between 8-11am. Install service=CRAP!

The day i have it installed the speed is crap. 5meg down and 780k up. Install guy tells me to call tech support. Tech support is nice but cant do anything. They open a trouble ticket and say they will call me in a couple days. OK i wait 3 weeks, thats right, 3 weeks before calling them back. I call back and explain my problem and they ask me to test my speeds on some of their recommended sites. I test and consistently get 198k DOWN and 1.1meg up! They then proceed to tell me my entire area has had speed issues for the past couple weeks and it has something to do with router in the area. They are working to get the problem fixed but have no clue when it is going to be fixed. Thank god i didnt disconnect my cable service!

I am an optomistic person but i cant help but give up on poor service after 3 months of headaches.

My Ratings:
Pre Sales Information: 3
Install Co-ordination: 0
Connection reliability: 0
Tech Support: 1
Value for money: 0.5

Cnickl

@rcmdva.fios.verizon.
reply to slammed hard

Just so you know, my sister had DirectTV as well, not through Verizon and it seems they did the double-billing bit with her, too. It seems to be a recurring problem.

tyrs4u

join:2004-11-03
Portland, OR
reply to drake

What are the current price range for FiOS?