Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from port forwarding not working

jb1798

@sprint-hsd.net
reply to sashwa

Re: port forwarding not working

Is that faq missing some parts? It says only 8 ports I have 12. And what is SUA? Since I'm more of an software person than hardware here is some screenshots to make sure I'm doing it right.

Is that correct? I don't ahve the gamespy ports forward yet since I reset the modem. I got this from gamespy "Arcade needs the following TCP ports open in order to function: 6667 (IRC) 3783 (Voice Chat Port) 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat) 28900 (Master Server List Request) 29900 (GP Connection Manager) 29901 (GP Search Manager) 13139 (Custom UDP Pings) 6515 (Dplay UDP) 6500 (Query Port)... - modified: 10/4/2004." Whats the difference between TCP ports and UDP ports? Sorry for all the questions. As you can tell I'm lost lol.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by jb1798:

Is that faq missing some parts? It says only 8 ports I have 12. And what is SUA? Since I'm more of an software person than hardware here is some screenshots to make sure I'm doing it right.

Is that correct? I don't ahve the gamespy ports forward yet since I reset the modem. I got this from gamespy "Arcade needs the following TCP ports open in order to function: 6667 (IRC) 3783 (Voice Chat Port) 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat) 28900 (Master Server List Request) 29900 (GP Connection Manager) 29901 (GP Search Manager) 13139 (Custom UDP Pings) 6515 (Dplay UDP) 6500 (Query Port)... - modified: 10/4/2004." Whats the difference between TCP ports and UDP ports? Sorry for all the questions. As you can tell I'm lost lol.
These questions I can't help you with as I am not very technical. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will jump in to help you.

In the meantime we do have a Sprint FAQ that you may want to browse thru. You may get some of your questions answered there.

Good luck with your problem,
sash
--
SF Bay Area Forum ~ Team Four

gh4456
Premium
join:2004-04-07
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to jb1798
No need to port forward with it set in DMZ mode. should be working. to answer your questions though sua=single user acct - meaning the modem only handles one PPPoE connection instead of multiple connections. If you want to open those ports then just type in the port number and your IP (192.168.1.2) under #'s 2-12. As for tcp and udp, that takes care of both. TCP and UDP are different protocols in the internet suite of protocols (OSI stuff) - Also, if you have a firewall, make sure you allow incoming connections on those ports (i bet that is what you forgot - check your windows firewall too!

Best of luck
DSL Tech
This is a sub-selection from port forwarding not working