spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jebba2005
join:2005-01-13
Portland, ME

jebba2005

[Help Me] DWL G630 Issues, DI 524 Issues

the first day i had this card i began to receive ar5211.sys errors. Dlink tells me i need the drivers from their website. These drivers are the same as the shipped though. card continues crashing, dlink walks me thru a reinstall. card continues crashing. Contact dlink again, they walk thru reinstall, assure me new drivers are coming out in a week. Card continues to crash. Dlink walks me thru reinstall, recommends i reistall drivers everytime card crashes. card continues to crash. I cry feeling really dumd, lol. No new drivers yet either. I decide to beg dlink for a different model card that works, they refuse, i ask for supervisor and beg more, he says they will send me a new card after they test mine, iam assured there is nothing wrong with my card but he will issue me a RMA via email. Next day i get an RMA for my router. Call dlink again, they say they will issue me an RMA for my card, I begin Rma process, new snag, I dont have my receipt, Call dlink again, they tell me iam S.O.L. and since i dont have my recipt they dont have to honor their warranty, that if i am not happy i can send a letter by snail mail, I beg for a phone number or an email, i am told no that i must send snail mail. This whole process has taken many months, as most of the time i never really used the card but when i do use it it crashes my system. I realize i wasnt to smart to lose receipt, i actually remeber throwing it out......so now that you know my pathetic dlink story, is ther another driver i can try from someplace else? ive started looking thru the forums to no avail. Even did a search.

Di-524 also giving me problems, i get frequent disconnects, then it reconnects, happens on all 4 ports regardless of which i am plugged into. Upgraded the firmware and now Azureus gets constant nat error even with my dloading pc in DMZ. The port forward also doesnt seem to help. Am i the unluckiest person or what.

i use windows xp, have 3pcs hooked to this router, all by cat5 cable, never get disconncted when i am directly hooked to my surfboard modem. the network wixard also fails to set up correctly, I had a linksys router before and didnt have these issues, should i just return this thing and spend more money?

Dlink came highly recommended to me, am i jynxed or what?
MrTnT
join:2005-02-16

MrTnT

I would like to help.
Can you tell me what operating system you are running with your DWL-G630?
It should be Windows 98SE or above.

Can you explain a little more about these crashes? Is it during the installation?
What is the exact error regarding the ar5211.sys?

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

Vchat20 to jebba2005

Premium Member

to jebba2005
said by jebba2005:

Di-524 also giving me problems, i get frequent disconnects, then it reconnects, happens on all 4 ports regardless of which i am plugged into.
if you are running the 1.05 firmware, downgrade. that fixed the problem for me.

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords to jebba2005

MVM

to jebba2005
Is the DWL-G630 even a year old? How can they insist on a receipt if the product is not old enough to be out of warranty?

That being said, Jebba, let's start solving your problems here. You mention several issues. Let's pick one or two at a time -- start a separate thread about each individual one, and we'll see if we can help.

I haven't seen anything you've mentioned that we can't either fix or improve right here in the forum.

Basher13
join:2004-05-02
Beverly Hills, CA

Basher13

Some people have suggested to revert to firmware
v.103. I tend to agree with them.

Of course, there are other firmwares here:

»ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/di ··· irmware/

e.g. v1.02 and v1.03....
jebba2005
Portland, ME

jebba2005

ok i am returning the router, so the card, ah my beautiful card, im thinking of using it to hold the window up by my desk or as a door stop,
im using windows xp sp2, the card has not been in my notebook for a while but what i have written down is this.
ar5211.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

thats all i have to work with now, i rummaging through my notes looking for more, I wrote a letter to dlink and also emailed customer service (not tech) and havent gotten an answer, but i dont expect anything now, i was going to put more energy into it but im over it, the card is less than 6 months old. thanks for any advice, these are great forums.
jebba2005

jebba2005

crashes dont come during install, typical situation leading to crash. fire up pc, it connects to router no problem. Signal strength seems fine, after im online for a while, sometimes 5 minutes sometimes 2 hours ....bluescreen.
jebba2005

jebba2005

its supposed to be a 3year warranty as well.

funchords
Hello
MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords to jebba2005

MVM

to jebba2005
Jebba,

Keep calling. This product didn't exist prior to January 2004. If you have Rev C, it didn't exist prior to August 2004.

There's no way to be out of warranty.
jebba2005
Portland, ME

jebba2005

thanks for the positive reenforcement ill get back on the horn tomorrow.
jebba2005

jebba2005

ive also found out their drivers for this product are not digitally signed, so does this mean Dlink puts out products that are not fully compatible with Windows XP? buyer beware this seems sketchy if it is true.

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi

Premium Member

No, but it probably means they know they are unstable and that Microsoft would never sign an unstable POS like that.

Anyone aware if that card will run ATHEROS drivers? AR5211.SYS looks VERY familiar to me... heh Same BSoD with DLink drivers and my G650... fixed with Atheros drivers. Hope you aren't SOL on those Anyone know if ATH. drvs work on G630?
jebba2005
Portland, ME

jebba2005

well i disabled dlink in my start up, their icon(little graph) no longer appears in my task bar. Card hasnt crashed yet, been on for 12 hours sttraight. but i wouldnt think this little monitoring progrm could cause the crashes, but im no expert.

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi

Premium Member

That's odd, because when you disable that the ar5211.sys file is still the driver behind it.

Maybe some data the tray app. was requesting was causing the BSoD...

funchords
Hello
MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords to jebba2005

MVM

to jebba2005

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out where I'd seen this before.

I swapped hard drives from one system to another, stupidly assuming that Windows would handle all the hardware reassignments.

Boy, was I wrong! It was an all-day ordeal (and I'm an experienced tech at this stuff).

Seems to me my problem was video memory, and I remember getting really aggressive to fix it.

I'm glad you found a work-around.

If it comes back, my first suspicion is that it is exhausting its memory allocation. If it happens, look up on Google how to delete and recreate your memory page file.
jebba2005
Portland, ME

jebba2005

well its back.

daniniraq
@globalsat.net

daniniraq

Anon

i get almost the exact same problem with my g630. i turn my computer on, windows starts and it loads programs, then suddenly goes to a bluescreen and does a memory dump. it says the problem is with the ar5211.sys file. the difference with mine is that everything will work fine as long as the card detects a wireless signal. if i'm someplace where i can't get a signal, it will go to the bluescreen. also, if my laptop is already on and working, then i take it someplace where i can't get a signal, it immediately goes to bluescreen. everything used to work fine, but i had to uninstall and reinstall sp2 for a separate issue and i started getting this problem after that. i've downloaded the newest driver and tried a few other things, but nothing seems to work.
if anyone has any further insight on this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

funchords
Hello
MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

This file should be in %windir%\system32\drivers ...

Do this:

Download the latest DWL-G630 software from the D-Link site

1. Go to Add/Remove Software
2. Remove your G630 software
3. In Explorer, go to %windir%\system32\drivers and if you see AR5211.sys, rename it to AR5211.old
4. Reboot your computer and log on
5. If Add/Remove Hardware wizard comes back up, hit Cancel
6. Install the latest DWL-G630 software you downloaded
7. The software should install and your network card should be detected, but if it is not...
8. ...run compmgmt.msc and open Device Manager ... click the name of your computer at the top of the tree, then click the icon to scan for new hardware

Belaflek
@ptr.us.xo

Belaflek to jebba2005

Anon

to jebba2005

Re: [Help Me] DWL G630 Issues, DI 524 Issues

Same thing happened to my mom's system. 630 rev c. ar5211.sys bluescreen. at sp1 it was ok..as soon as I popped in sp2 it dumped. So I removed the card and rebooted, uninstalled the software and reinstalled the software from the download. Worked ok for about 5 hours and I just got a call that she bluescreened again. Ill try removing the ap fom the startup menu and see how that works
deastburn
join:2005-05-17
Todd, NC

deastburn to daniniraq

to daniniraq

Re: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

did the procedure outlined work for you? I have the same problem -- if I'm at home and have the g630 inserted, it detects my home network and works fine. ANYWHERE ELSE, if it does not detect any networks, or if it does detect a network, but it's not my home network, it crashes saying "AR5211.sys" attempted to write to read-only memory....

Please email me at dave.eastburn@nuvocom.com as I will be able to get your reply on my PDA.

Thanks....

kapow99
@comcast.net

kapow99 to jebba2005

Anon

to jebba2005

I just got this card (DWL G630 rev C) from Fry's for my sister's laptop. I bought it refurbed. there were a ton of them for $19.99. That would explain why alot of people returned to frys and mfg. I also experienced BSOD with the ar5211.sys file just a few hours ago. The laptop is running XP Pro with SP2. I downloaded and used the latest driver (v. 2.2.4.32 dated 7/7/2004) from dlink's website. After the BSOD, I disabled Windows ability to manage it and used dlink's program and it seems to be working w/o BSOD. Maybe this is the fix to most of the problems I've read about here? Will wait and see.

Teleute
@shawcable.net

Teleute to daniniraq

Anon

to daniniraq

Heh...I'm having exactly the same issue with my new AG660. Glad to see they haven't fixed this later in the model line. *sigh*

Just downloaded the new driver...we'll see.
zach49127
join:2005-04-14
Berrien Springs, MI

zach49127 to jebba2005

to jebba2005

I've gotten the same thing, bluescreen and then a physical mem dump... So I removed the Dlink Utility icon from start up and it's working just fine. Now when I clicked on the icon on my desktop it would dump the connection and then come back but I could never get to the utility that they are showing in the manual. Again I removed it from loading up with windows and it's working fine. I've taken my laptop over to my brother in law's and connect just fine to his wireless router (dlink as well) and again no problems.. So I tried it again and downloaded the firmware and BOOM it started all over again. Bluescreen to a mem dump.. I'm glad a did a search here at BBR for dlink issues.. Not sure if I should mess with it any more or what..

alps
@dsl.snfc21.pacbell.n

alps to funchords

Anon

to funchords

hey i had similar problem and i tried what u asked and am now more screwed up everytime it asks me for installation disk which i dont have..
Please help.!!

Alps.

funchords
Hello
MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and run the System Restore. You should choose a recent restore point that predates the changes you made.

Berzerker
@dhcp.spbg.sc.charter

Berzerker to jebba2005

Anon

to jebba2005

Just uninstall the drivers and the D-Link AirPlus Utility and reinstall the newest drivers (2.54). That worked perfect for me, here's the link
»www.dlink.com/products/s ··· #drivers
jebba2005
Portland, ME

jebba2005

you r link is for a different card. Dlink finally agreed to send me a new card....same model, then changed their mind cause i dont have a receipt. revision c hasnt been out very long, and im in the 3 years of warranty but they wont honor it. Tech support is no help. I begged them and have written a letter which I have yet to receive a response.

i still see this model kicking around on different discount sites. remember these drivers are unsigned for this product.
JTS33
join:2003-05-03
USA

JTS33

If you have Rev. C of the DWL-G630, you can give the latest Atheros 4.1.2.56 drivers a try. Download link is in the following thread:
»anyone want to host atheros v4.1.2.56?

You might even gain SuperG support. Make sure to completely uninstall the D-Link drivers (which are based on an older Atheros driver version) before installing the latest Atheros driver.
dsatwork
join:2005-07-06
San Marcos, CA

dsatwork to jebba2005

to jebba2005
If the symptom is the blue screen of death and an immediate crash of the system it could be memory related problems. XP has problems sharing memory with onboard video.

I have fixed several systems by adding a relatively cheap video card $40 for 128megs and maxing out or substantially increasing the memory. At least 512 to a 1GB.

It is not uncommon to chase one problem when it is something else altogether.

ThanksRobb
@citadel.com

ThanksRobb to funchords

Anon

to funchords

DLINK driver failure @ startup

Robb-

Your response saved me as well. Nothing like blue screens on a monday morning with your boss screaming to update your forecast. I think I let my laptop hibernate during an MS patch update, and all heck broke loose after that.