[Sipura] Make your Sipura Speak! - Step by Step

Download the GetSipura ZIP file, Double click the .SAM FILE

Click Import

Start - Programs - Samurize - Config Tool
Click for full size
Open the GetSipura_Sample config file

Scroll around and click the

Click the

Put in your Sipura's IP - Dial * * * * 1 1 0 # to get it, once you are done, save, then close the config

Start - Programs - Samurize - Samurize

Right click the S icon next to the clock - Select Config File - GetSipura_Sample

Right click the S icon next to the clock - change to Pin to Desktop

Your done!
Hopefully everyone can follow this simple guide I put together. Download GetSipura from:

»members.cox.net/getsipur ··· 2.24.zip

Download Samurize 1.61 from here:

»www.samurize.com/modules ··· lid=1521

Install it with the default options then follow the guide/screenshots I provided. If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or PM me. (If you have FWD, I might even walk you through it like I have done with some users here

The default configuration has the plugin speaking the name then then number. Using the conifg tool you can change the order of these or you can turn either of them off, handy for services without Caller ID name. Enjoy!
digiblur

2 edits

digiblur

Premium Member

Re: [Sipura] Make your Sipura Speak! - Step by Ste

Click for full size
Once you get the hang of Samurize, you can add a whole lot of things. The Only Limit Is Your Imagination.
jifes
join:2005-02-13
Mexico

jifes

Great it worked!! before, I was trying to figure out the installation, but it is easier than I thought. Thanks digiblur
tAdA9
join:2001-01-23
Simi Valley, CA

tAdA9

That is one of the coolest things I have even seen...I am just mad I didn't know about it yet! Well I'm not sleeping tonight .
Urbancontra3
join:2005-01-02
Keansburg, NJ

Urbancontra3 to digiblur

to digiblur
Great job!!
webcol
join:2005-03-01
Miami, FL

webcol

Could not open the link

www.samurize.com/modules/mydownloads/v..

Is there any other site to donwload the file??

TIA

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by webcol:

Could not open the link

www.samurize.com/modules/mydownloads/v..

Is there any other site to donwload the file??

TIA
They just released 1.61 so their site is taking a hit big time. I googled and found this one:

»fedorpheux.com/hosting/s ··· dex.html
tj008
join:2004-06-24
Cincinnati, OH

tj008 to digiblur

to digiblur

Re: [Sipura] Make your Sipura Speak! - Step by Step

That is so cool!

How would one go about making a configuration for other ATAs? Can your sipura file be edited to do other boxes?

Thanks for the post. Makes me want to add a Sipura to the arsenal of adapters.

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by tj008:

That is so cool!

How would one go about making a configuration for other ATAs? Can your sipura file be edited to do other boxes?

On the other ATA's do you have the ability to see the call stats in real time on an HTML page? And caller ID info? If so, the answer is yes, I could probably develop a plugin for it.
digiblur

digiblur to tj008

Premium Member

to tj008
said by tj008:

Hmm....I wonder if Voxilla would give referral fees?

On the other hand, I am looking for a SPA2100 and a SPA3000 to continue development on this plugin. If anyone has one that they would like to unload for a decent price, let me know.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to digiblur

Premium Member

to digiblur
digiblur:

I've tried this utility on 2 different PC's. Graphic display works fine, however the sound option appears to error out on both systems, i.e. incoming call, a popup appears briefly saying "error function" (I think). My DTA is a spa2000 and the 2 PC's are running W2K, each have a different sound card.

Any suggestions?

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

I haven't tested this on Win2k. My guess would be the Microsoft TTS (Text to Speech) SAPI 5.1 engine is missing. Google for an installation or search Microsoft's site.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

Great thanks, that took care of it.

In case anybody else needs this info, I had to install MS Reader first:

»www.microsoft.com/reader ··· s/pc.asp

Then I could install the MS TTS application:

»www.microsoft.com/reader ··· /tts.asp

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by aguen:

Great thanks, that took care of it.

In case anybody else needs this info, I had to install MS Reader first:

»www.microsoft.com/reader ··· s/pc.asp

Then I could install the MS TTS application:

»www.microsoft.com/reader ··· /tts.asp
Sounds great. I'll add this to the readme contained in the archive.

To everyone else, feel free to post your success stories here. Include you SPA model number, firmware version, and VoIP provider(s) if you can.
digiblur

1 edit

digiblur

Premium Member

FYI... I am currently working on two additions to the plugin:

1. The ability to specify to the plugin the username/password for "user" access locked Sipura's. A few people need this for monitoring remote Sipura's across the net.

2. Contact lists! It will work just like VoicePulse's contact lists except on the client side. Of course the plugin cannot alter the information sent to your handsets(wish we could!) but I can manipulate the data on the plugin/speaking part. Preliminary testing code is working fine. Basically you will include a CSV style text file in your Samurize folder with two columns as shown below:

Billy Cell,18005551234
Mom Cell,18002228765

Upon startup GetSipura will see the file and load the file into memory. When a call comes in the plugin will look for a match from the CONTACTS.CSV file. If one is found it will use the provided name instead.

This should help out the users that do not have caller ID name and/or the ones that can not edit the caller ID name like VoicePulse users can.

Once I get these working...you'll have to see the next feature set I have in mind!
dscline
join:2001-09-01
Atlanta, GA

dscline

said by digiblur:

Once I get these working...you'll have to see the next feature set I have in mind!
You are such a tease!
HershelSR
join:2004-01-01
Israel

HershelSR to digiblur

to digiblur
How can one keep updated with developments to this plugin? I don't presume that this thread in this forum will last indefinitely.

Thanks for the plugin. Looks great!

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by HershelSR:

How can one keep updated with developments to this plugin? I don't presume that this thread in this forum will last indefinitely.

Thanks for the plugin. Looks great!
Send me an email via this site and I'll add you to my email distribution list.
dscline
Atlanta, GA

dscline to digiblur

to digiblur
said by digiblur:

Of course the plugin cannot alter the information sent to your handsets(wish we could!) but I can manipulate the data on the plugin/speaking part.
Actually, for those of us with VoicePulse, this "limitation" could actually be good. One of my most frequent callers' name is Jesus (he's latin, so obviously it's pronounced "haysoos"). TTS, however, wants to pronounce it "jeezus". To make it pronounce correctly, I could enter "haysoos" in my contact list with VoicePulse, but then, of course, it wouldn't be "correct" on my handsets. The ability to set a separate contact list for TTS would allow us to correct pronunciation errors, without making the handset incorrect.

Although, I'm not sure if I'll take advantage of this. I'm still amused every time it tells me Jeezus is calling.

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by dscline:
said by digiblur:

Although, I'm not sure if I'll take advantage of this. I'm still amused every time it tells me Jeezus is calling.
ROTFLMAO!! Could be worst... at least his name isn't close to devil.
dscline
Atlanta, GA

dscline to digiblur

to digiblur

Ok, now I'm going to ask a question that may be more appropriate in a general PC forum, but here goes:

I've not really messed with TTS much, but when I open the properties for it, I see there is a selection for the output device. I currently have a computer in my kitchen that is on 24/7, and that is where I have this loaded. I am in the process of building another computer for my den, which will be a HTPC. I would also like to be able to hear these announcements in there. Is it possible to install a second sound card, direct the TTS output to that sound card, and somehow make the second soundcard NOT output other sounds? Since the HTPC will be hooked up to my home theater gear, I will only have sound when my receiver is on, and selected to that input. It would be nice if I could have a second sound card (or even possibly use the "rear channel" outputs of the current sound card) hooked up to some standard PC speakers, so my talking callerID will work regardless of whether or not the receiver is on and selected to that input. But I wouldn't want those speakers outputing anything if I was watching video off the HTPC, as that would muddy up my sound that would also be going to my home theater speakers. Alternatively, I could simply run a second output from the kitchen computer into some PC speakers in the Den, but the problem there is, everything that is done in the kitchen (like if someone is playing a sound file in there) would be heard in the den, which wouldn't be desirable.

And on a related note: If get sipura was installed on a second PC, would the increased load of requests pose any problem to the sipura? If so, I suppose the refresh rate could be reduced, but wouldn't doing so possibly increase the delay between when a call comes in, and when it announces the caller?

Also, it would be nice to have the option to have it say the name a second time. Either say the name, then the number, then the name again, or even disable the number (which I know you can do now), and have it say the name, pause, then say the name again. Since it just blurts out the name when the phone starts ringing, sometimes I miss what it says 'cause I'm not in the room, or not ready to listen, or it's hard to hear over the phone ringing. But I don't want to move the name to second position, 'cause I like having it immediate for when I am able to hear it right away.
dscline

dscline

said by dscline:

Also, it would be nice to have the option to have it say the name a second time.
Or, another thought on this.... just have whatever voice output you have set up (name, number, or both) repeat in a loop until the hook status changes to off hook. And if it's already off hook (meaning it's callerID on call waiting), then just do it once. This has the advantage of playing as long as you need to hear, but not being a nuisance once you've heard what you need and have picked up the phone.

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by dscline:
said by dscline:

Also, it would be nice to have the option to have it say the name a second time.
Or, another thought on this.... just have whatever voice output you have set up (name, number, or both) repeat in a loop until the hook status changes to off hook. And if it's already off hook (meaning it's callerID on call waiting), then just do it once. This has the advantage of playing as long as you need to hear, but not being a nuisance once you've heard what you need and have picked up the phone.
This might not be a bad idea to the solution. It might be easy to slip this into the crazy logic I have to prevent the name and number from getting repeated over and over, it also prevents the "NA" and "Timed Out!" from being spoken, plus allowing the call waiting caller ID number to work. I'll try to slip this in when I'm building the logic to include call waiting caller ID name speech. It's definitely a challenge to code this thing, but yet fun to see the working results. I can't debug the thing with a typical debugger due to the environment, I have to write in my own "debugging" code. Plus the program isn't always running, it only runs a split second every second, so you have to "talk" to the next instance that is fixing to run in the next second. Like "Hey, next instance, I know you see a phone call coming in but I already said the name so don't repeat it!"

Don't quote me on this but expect to see a new release out sometime this weekend. The contact list feature is working on Line1 and will be migrated to Line2 after more testing. I should be able to migrate it to my public release code soon.
Cyberian75
join:2004-03-16
Beaverton, OR

Cyberian75 to dscline

to dscline

said by dscline:

Or, another thought on this.... just have whatever voice output you have set up (name, number, or both) repeat in a loop until the hook status changes to off hook. And if it's already off hook (meaning it's callerID on call waiting), then just do it once.
I love that idea as I usually don't hear the speech or don't understand it.

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

said by Cyberian75:
said by dscline:

Or, another thought on this.... just have whatever voice output you have set up (name, number, or both) repeat in a loop until the hook status changes to off hook. And if it's already off hook (meaning it's callerID on call waiting), then just do it once.
I love that idea as I usually don't hear the speech or don't understand it.
Talking ring tones, eh? Excellent idea. Consider it on the "TO DO" list.

Should be easy to sneak in a line or two of code to change a flag, if Line[x]_CallState = 'Ringing' and Param6 = 'Y'(repeat option) force speech.
digiblur

digiblur

Premium Member

I need some feedback from you guys/gals about a few things. First and foremost, how about a new name for the plugin? Any ideas? Sipurized? (based on the Samurize and Sipura name but yet it sounds like "surprised". Since you'll be surprised with all the things this plugin can do)

I'm blowing out the parameters on the LoadSipura function of the plugin and plan on moving all the configurations to an INI file. This will help out with all the new features I have planned for the future. In my coding style I don't like to hard code anything, I like it to be as user configurable as possible but yet easy to use. I'm thinking of removing the Speaking Name and Speaking Number position parameters from the LoadSipura function and replacing it with a powerful user configurable string. It will work just like the environment labels back from the DOS days. Here are a few examples:

Line1Speech=Call from %NAME% %NUMBER% Chicago Line
or
Line1Speech=%NAME% %NAME %NUMBER% Calling
or
Line1Speech=%NUMBER%

Other configuration options on the brain:

1. Repeat Speech while phone is ringing (talking ring tones) per line configurable
2. Contact lists aka user configurable caller ID name (done..testing)
3. Look up the the name from the contact list and display it
on outgoing calls
4. Speak the Name/Number on outgoing calls - can be turned off
5. Notify the user via speech when a message is waiting
6. Notify the user via speech when the SIP registration equals 'Failed'
7. User configurable speech speed
8. User configurable speech pitch
9. User configurable speech volume
10. Additional voices? (Researching)
11. Contact lists aka user configurable caller ID name (done..testing)
12. On screen call logging with day and time stamps - user configurable how far back the log goes (still rolling the logic around in my head)

Speak up or forever hold your peace!
dscline
Atlanta, GA

2 edits

dscline

The name sounds good, though I don't know that I like it any better than getsipura.

All the ideas you have sound great, except:

#3... I personally don't have much need for that, others may disagree.

#4... maybe kinda nice for confirmation that you've dialed the right number, but like above, not nearly as important to me as the incoming stuff.

#7-10... isn't that something that can already be handled through the TTS settings in Windows? Maybe not pitch, but I know I've already gone in there and adjusted the speed, and picked the best voice that I've got on my PC. Perhaps you're suggesting this to be able to "override" your TTS defaults, to use different settings for talking callerID than the rest of your TTS stuff? I can see that being nice, though to me, a lower priority than some of the other things.

#11... isn't that the same as #2?

Another thought, though I have no idea if Samurize is capable of this, would be callerID name & number as a text overlay when the phone is ringing... I've got the samurize window pinned to my desktop, so it's not in the way of my normal computing. But it would be nice if a large font name & number could be overlayed on my screen, scrolling or whatever, on top of everything else while the phone is ringing.

And for those of us with several computers in the house... is there any info as to how much load it places on the ATA when it starts getting multiple inquiries per second? If there is any chance of any concern there, is there any way to possibly designate one PC as a proxy, that gets the info from the ata, then serves it out to any other pcs that also want the info?

EDIT: BUT, if you are going to work on some outgoing call stuff, and if samurize CAN do overlays, it might be nice to have the name/# of the person you're calling pop up, along with a live call timer. Then of course, the same thing might be desirable on incoming calls.

jwardl
join:2000-08-12
Spring, TX

jwardl to digiblur

to digiblur

Maybe a dumb question, but I assume this works only for a Sipura that you OWN -- those locked by VOIP providers won't work, right?
dscline
Atlanta, GA

dscline to digiblur

to digiblur
No, my Sipura was provided by VoicePulse, and is locked on the port that they use (at least I assume so, since I understand they always lock the port(s) their service is on). Getsipura works fine for me. I may not be able to change many of the configurations fields, but all the status fields necessary can still be read.
mknieri
join:2003-11-07
Gilberts, IL

mknieri to digiblur

to digiblur

"Maybe a dumb question, but I assume this works only for a Sipura that you OWN -- those locked by VOIP providers won't work, right?"

I was just about to ask the same question. I have a Sipura SPA-2000 from DLS.net and it's "locked down" in that I don't have access to the Admin web page.

I get "Timed Out!" on all of fields. I tripled checked the config file and IP. Everything seems to be in order. Any ideas?