Boxborough, MA
reply to voipfima

Re: [Lingo] down again this morning

Also - no dialtone again!!! :-(

tj008

join:2004-06-24
Cincinnati, OH
reply to voipfima
well, for that brief shining moment in time, it was up.

back down again.

oh well, something is shining outside....gotta see what that is. Havent seen it in a long time. might be the sun! dunno.

have a good day all!

Denjin

join:2001-01-18
Schaumburg, IL
reply to voipfima
Down here in IL. It has been down since about 11:00am CST for me. This is the only time in 6 months that I've had the VOIP light off, though. Hope they fix it soon.
--
Ningen wa, ningen da.

Piggers

join:2002-01-12
Sandusky, OH
reply to voipfima
Well they are not off to a good start. I just hooked my adapter up yesterday. Luckly I still have my packet8 account and cell phone to use. My primary purpose of getting a secondary was for business line. I wanted to see how lingo.com would work out and if the service was better then packet8. I mean the features with lingo.com are loaded but if the service doesn't work, then what good are they?

It looks like we may be having a "ship the item back deal".

laserjobs
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Las Vegas, NV
reply to voipfima
My service did not go down. I have been using the phone all morning. I wonder if it has something to do with sip server the ATA is pointing to?

voipfima

join:2003-05-29
Boxborough, MA
Could be - do you have your the original back box?

laserjobs
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to voipfima
Yes I have the original azacall 200 from when Lingo first started business.

curro

join:2003-10-24
Seabrook, TX

1 edit
It is 12 PM CST and I cannot receive calls from outside (non-Lingo numbers). This is in the Houston, TX area. This also happened to me on Feb. 22.

I have been with Lingo since June 2004 and this does not look good. I am not going to jump ship now but if by this June they do not get their act together in terms of reliability+LNP then I might be forced to look into Broadvoice or another provider with atractive international plan.

p.s oh and I have been waiting on their tech support line for well over fifteen minutes!

Piggers

join:2002-01-12
Sandusky, OH
reply to voipfima
Fifteen minutes? I have been waiting for 2hrs.. I still haven't gotten through. The problem I am calling them about has nothing to do with outage but why my second phone number isn't working either even when I do have a dial tone.

caseydoug

join:2001-08-14
Seattle, WA
kudos:5
reply to voipfima
It's 1:15 p.m. in New York, where I am staying temporarily, and I haven't noticed any outages. I haven't been monitoring the box, but I've received calls and the VoIP light is currently on. The website seemed ok as well, if a bit slow.

bigchris
Do Not Shoot The Messenger
Premium,MVM
join:2002-04-29
Leesburg, VA

1 edit
reply to voipfima
Well it was up for a while this morning. I just made the mistake of rebooting the azacall device and now it won't connect again, so I think they are still having issues.

curro

join:2003-10-24
Seabrook, TX
After almost an hour and half waiting for tech support I talk to a person who opens a ticket and suggests to power cycle the ATA. Of course I do this and no change. I cannot receive calls from non-Lingo numbers :-(

This does not look good for Lingo. I will soon have to write a negative review on them. It is now around 2 PM CST.

laserjobs
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to voipfima
Strange, I still have had not a minute of downtime here.

caseydoug

Seattle, WA
reply to voipfima
Upon further checking, I have had outages here. It's on and off.

duriken

join:2005-01-24
USA
This is really bad... Since This moring 11:11am (Or may be even early..) No dialtone at all. Is this okay? All day outage... No Phone.. No Service...

bigchris
Premium,MVM
Leesburg, VA
Same here. I lost service this morning, it then came back and around lunchtime even though I had service decided (for another reason) to reboot the ATA. Since then it's been out completely.

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to voipfima
This sounds SO much like the current Vonage semi-outage (none for some, partial for others, total for the rest). I'm wondering if some of the CLECs are not able to terminate calls for some reason, no matter which provider (from the digital side) is sending them the calls.

caseydoug

Seattle, WA
reply to voipfima
Did you try rebooting?

Mine seems to be working now, and my problem may have been related to the inside wiring of the phone system here. I turned off simultaneous ring to the number here, and also disconnected the ATA's Line port from the wall jack, so that Lingo was totally separate from the house phone system. When I rebooted, Lingo worke fine, but the local phones did not.

I'm still troubleshooting.

bigchris
Premium,MVM
Leesburg, VA

2 edits
Yep, I rebooted a number of times. I'm now considering moving the ATA outside my network to see if it's that, but that's a major hassle and it was working in it's current configuration before the lunchtime reboot.

My guess currently is that they have some of the system back up but perhaps not all.

duriken

USA
I have dial tone until 11:11am, When I try to call someone it keep gave me a busy sign. After I reboot no more VOIP light is on and No dial tone. I reboot lingo ATA just about every hour but nothing happen. Sad -_-;;

bigchris
Premium,MVM
Leesburg, VA
ok, that sounds like the same boat i'm in.

i'm just testing some things on my network to see if it's me, but i don't think it is.

duriken

USA
reply to voipfima
Lingo is still down... No VOIP light at all...
Since 11:11am yesterday...

voipfima

Boxborough, MA
Did you try rebooting, it works for me now.

duriken

USA
reply to voipfima
Yes Many time I try Power off 5 minute and Restart Lingo then wait..
Nothing Happen.

I try to call their CS but I was hold for last 2 hours..
Their phone message say they are still in problem..

Oh.. boy no phone for more than full day.. It is may be good time to think about backup service...

fmatthis

join:2005-01-15
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to voipfima
I never had a problem yesterday or today. Was able to make outgoing calls and incoming was fine as well. Maybe I was just lucky, but no sign of a problem here.

voipfima

Boxborough, MA
reply to duriken
Well - good luck - I am online and powercycle brings back the device in a flash

voipfima

Boxborough, MA
reply to fmatthis
It looks like people with old black Lingo boxes were not effected.

duriken

USA
That's no good.. -_-;;;
I have old box... I also use FWD with Cisco ATA it work fine.. Just Lingo don't work..

bigchris
Premium,MVM
Leesburg, VA
reply to voipfima
Well its now Sunday and my service is still down. It'll have been down for 24 hours in about 4 hours time.. not good.

duriken

USA
Just reset everything...

Cable modem... Restart and Wait 2 minute..
Router... Restart and Wait 2 minute..
Lingo... Restart and still waiting...

Nithing Happen...

I even connect Lingo Directly to back of cable modem.. Nothing Happen..

Funny thing is if you see the Voice over IP forum I notice so many other service is down and up also..

What might be going on....? o.O;;

No service and can say anything to Lingo... It's Sad..T.T

BTW I am Central.. OKC