tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

More than the usual suspects...

This thread's for those Mac users who are new to DSLR...and those old-timers who generally don't post in ATM. I'm sure that we would all like to know who you are. Come in and say hello!

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
join:2000-12-14
Uranus

Homunculus

Premium Member

Jello!!!
nicholus6
join:2001-08-15
Antioch, TN

nicholus6 to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Does it matter that I'm posting this on a wintel machine even though I have two mac running right beside me!
My snow imac and old 6100 run like tops

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

said by mick_:
Does it matter that I'm posting this on a wintel machine even though I have two mac running right beside me!
My snow imac and old 6100 run like tops
No, of course it doesn't matter-and welcome to the ATM forum and DSLR.:)
A number of us in here, and on the site in general, use many different OS's (personally, I'm partial to Workbench) and machines...

smithsc
join:2000-11-06
Bossier City, LA

smithsc to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
I post occasionally on this forum but mostly on Bellsouth forum. I have a Powerbook 3400 and a Gateway Astro (my 5-year-old son's computer.) I went to the Apple store in Plano last weekend and am still suffering new computer fever. I even went to Circuit City last night and played with an iBook running OS X. It was slow but I really liked it.. I guess I need a desktop G4 to do digital video and photography stuff. I'm wanting a base G4 and 15" flat panel. ($2300 or so.)

(( sigh ))

One of these days...

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

said by smithsc:
... I guess I need a desktop G4 to do digital video and photography stuff. I'm wanting a base G4 and 15" flat panel. ($2300 or so.)

(( sigh ))

One of these days...

Hint (from someone in the imaging field): Don't get a panel. From a MacWorld review:
"Don't let its name mislead you: the Studio Display may have come from a design studio, but it's not suited for use in a design studio. Despite its excellent software, the Apple Studio Display remains constrained by the limitations of LCD technology, especially in the area of color accuracy."

Any time I need critical color, I go to my desktop and the 21" monitor. Flat screens just can't cut it (yet), though I've gotten pretty good at guesstimating on my PB.

LowJack
join:2000-07-19
Seattle, WA

LowJack to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
I post at home from my G4, or at my girlfriends on her B&W G3. While at work I post from a P3.
System

to tmpchaos

Anon

to tmpchaos
Hello everybody! I'm from Italy and I'm quite new to xDSL (couple of months). I bought my first Mac (PM7500) long time ago and it's still working quite fine (bought a G3 card , an USB/Firewire Card, an IDE card,..) but I'm thinking about buying a brand new G4.

LowJack
join:2000-07-19
Seattle, WA

LowJack to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Greetings! My girlfriend and I recently traveled to Venice and Rome, Italy is a very fun place to visit!

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
join:2000-12-14
Uranus

Homunculus to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon
cant go wrong with a G4!! Welcome to ATM and DSLReports!!! : )
hammera
join:2001-08-07
Woodstock, GA

hammera to smithsc

to smithsc
Agree w/ tmpchaos - I have a G4 Titanium pb next to a spiffily-upraded 7500 (G3 now)w/ a 21" monitor - and the one I use all the time for graphics work is the one w/ the "real" monitor. Same as the other poster - I've sorting out a color guesstimation system for the Powerbook. (other than that... however - the PB is sweet).

So - save yourself the cash on the Studio display and put it into RAM or something!!

-hammera
hammera

hammera to Anon

to Anon
Yes, yes!! By all means, get the G4 Powerbook. They are very sexy! You will look fabulous at the beach and at Apache conferences toting it around....

Mostly I am enamoured with the white light-up Apple on the cover....

-hammera
System

to tmpchaos

Anon

to tmpchaos
Im stuck in the city right now.

I am new to Macs and got a powerbook g3 yesterday. Hopefully will have it set up next week.

The switch to Apple has been an expansive project, being the first one for me.

Look forward to reading the post.

to LowJack

Anon

to LowJack
said by Phorte:
Greetings! My girlfriend and I recently traveled to Venice and Rome, Italy is a very fun place to visit!

I'm from Milan.. but I was in Venice yesterday!! Yeah, Italy it's really a fine place to visit.. so, we're waiting for you, too!