spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DualKid
join:2005-01-21
Hickory, NC

DualKid

New Agere/Lucent SV92P Drivers Rock!

Just letting everyone know you can get the new 2.1.51.0 drivers for the SV92P Lucent/Agere modem from the Windows XP updates site.

They Totally rock!!! These are easily the greatest drivers ever devised for this modem. Making the SV92P arguably the greatest 56k modem ever created.

It appears to even support MultiLinking which is new to the SV92P family.

My connect rates for my troubled phoneline were 24.6k - 44k before using the driver. The connection would also drop constantly. With the new driver I get very stable 40k - 41.2k and even 44K connect rates and they don't drop near as often.

This also cleared up my multilink noises and quirks too.

My good phoneline seems to connect as good or better than before too at 45.2 almost all the time.

My first Multilink connection after this driver update was 89.2K and downloads appear much faster and more stable with my http downloads around 10Kbps to 11Kbps and some FTP sites going as high as 50Kbps.

Many of you may see higher 56k connections now if you are using this modem. So expect a slight boost in your download speeds.

Thank you Agere
JamesHutto
join:2004-05-09
Olar, SC

JamesHutto

Do me a favor and open up a command prompt. Then type the following : tracert useast.battle.net and hit enter. Let me know what the times are for the hops.

LoneGreyWolf
Premium Member
join:2002-09-09
Winter Haven, FL

LoneGreyWolf to DualKid

Premium Member

to DualKid
I actually went and bought a USR Hardware modem for $75 last week. With the online gaming that I do, I wanted to make sure that the CPU was being used as much as possible for the game and not to help the modem. I have to say I am very very happy with this modem. My ping times have dropped some and things seem pretty stable.

No matter what modem I bought, nothing was going to make my connection connect any higher then 28.8k, so I went with the modem I felt to be the best for me and my online uses.
sk88er420
join:2005-04-08
Battle Ground, WA

sk88er420 to DualKid

to DualKid
u wanna give me the link to that site for the download?
my agere modem sucks
it only gets 16.8k-19.2k.

FTCXtreme
join:2005-03-14
New Braintree, MA

FTCXtreme to DualKid

to DualKid
It's your phone line. My phone lines used to bet 28.8k solid. Soemthing 31.2K if lucky. Now they go as low as 23k and as high as 40k I think is my modem personally. US Robotics v92/56k Faxthost POWERFUL CONNECTION!