how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sfaulk4

join:2005-02-10
Smyrna, GA

[Modem] broadmax modem firmware

I figured out that the firmware on my broadmax modem is basically hosed. All I get is flashing green/yellow ppoe/sync lights. I've checked support.earthlink.net and other posts here and everything refers me to »www.broadmax.net/support/EarthLi···rade.htm
to get the recovery.exe file.

Unfortunately, that link is dead. Does anyone know where I can get the recovery.exe file? Is it available on an FTP server somewhere?

Thanks for any assistance,

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

downloadrecovery.zip 1,178,732 bytes
I have a copy of it archived. Here it is.

This was posted regarding using the file if it doesn't work the first time:

quote:
You may want to try the following:

1) Go to »www.broadmax.net/support/EarthLi···ade3.htm and click on "OS SPECIFIC" to start the download of the "Recovery.exe" file.

2) Extract Recovery.exe to your Desktop, then run recovery.bat

If you experience any problems with the above, please try the following:

1) Make sure you are able to ping your UHP modem (172.16.0.254)

2) Browse to the recovery folder that was created when recovery.exe was extracted

3) Open the TFTPLOCK.KEY file with Notepad and replace "broadmax" with "btlsupport" or replace "btlsupport" with "broadmax"

3) Save and close the file.

4) Run recovery.bat

Please respond to this post to let us know if your issue is resolved. If you have any further problems, questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via the live chat link below.

Robert O.
Electronic Support
EarthLink Incorporated
Regards,

Doctor Olds
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

sfaulk4

join:2005-02-10
Smyrna, GA
reply to sfaulk4

Thanks - I'll try this and see what happens.

roachmill8

join:2004-04-01
Riverside, CA
reply to sfaulk4

I'm not much of a forum person, so I'm sorry if I'm breaking the rules by stirring up an old topic but, Doc, You really saved me. This was the only working link I could find for this file. 4 people depend on this modem to work every day. I was told I'd need to replace it and it would take a week to get. I went out to try to buy a new one. CompUSA told me he usually stocks a workable replacement but he was out of stock, try BestBuy. A rude kid with a ring in his lip at BestBuy told me I had to get it from ISP. When I asked him in desperation "What can I do?". He replied "Nothing in this stores gonna help,ya." (The topic of the E-mail I'm going to write right after this).
I'm happy to say I'm writing this in all my broadband glory and the dial-up download of your file at 2.97kbs was a reminder of the cold cold past.
I'm in your debt

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

Glad that it was here to help you.

Regards,

Doctor Olds