spc
Search similar:

uniqs
slipknotkid
join:2004-03-14
Fresno, CA

slipknotkid

[BT] Azureus killing bandwidth

Hey everyone, I just recently started having problems with Azureus. Right now, my setup is two Belkin F5D7230-4 routers that are set up to act as access points and a Linksys WRT54GS router that is the gateway. Basically, whenever I run Azureus, nothing else will connect on my computer or on the other computers on my network. No Internet Explorer, AIM(AIM works as long as it was running before I turned on Azureus, but even that will disconnect sometimes). I have put an upload cap on Azureus so I know its not that. I have set the cap to 20 KB/s and my max upload is around 40 KB/s. I have tried using different ports and this will not work. I have tried using port triggering instead of port forwarding. It never used to do this. Could a faulty cable cause this? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

3 edits

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

You may also want to put a cap on the download. If your download is being eaten up, that could cause this problem.

Mine used to be uncapped but when it started downloading at my actual available speed, things started disconnecting and my browsing became slow/nil. So I capped the download to about 10-15k below what my actual speed was and everything runs perfect now.

gschneider
Premium Member
join:2003-10-25
ON, Canada

gschneider to slipknotkid

Premium Member

to slipknotkid
Could be your firmware. I was using the HyperWRT and I noticed the net was laggy, seems to be fixed using a Sveasoft Alchemy fw. However, my net wasn't in as bad shape as yours.
slipknotkid
Fresno, CA

slipknotkid

Ya but its deffinately not my download speed. My speed was around 3.5mbps at the time and I would never download faster than 1.5 on BT. Nobody else in my home uses the internet for P2P either. Well, my sister does but all she knows of is Limewire. I'm the only one downloading 4gig files. It seems to be a little better ever since the SBC tech upped my profile back to 6mbps. For some reason they lowered it, but now its doing much better so I guess we'll see what happens.

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster

Premium Member

Weird situation.

I run azureus with no caps on a wrt54g using alchemy firmware and it runs like a charm. I sometimes limit bandwidth but that is only because I need it for another application.

X_Wizard_X
The Wiz
join:2001-08-13
Perkasie, PA

X_Wizard_X to slipknotkid

to slipknotkid
I have the same issues using Azureus with a D-Link DI-704P over Sprint DSL...I tried capping my download speeds but it still dogs all the other computers on my network...Never could find a solution...Switched over to BitTornado although I do prefer the Azureus interface much better...Just wondering if it might have something to do with the Java....
Kujo__
join:2002-07-18

1 edit

Kujo__ to slipknotkid

to slipknotkid
I don't have a Linksys router, but have you tried lowering the max connection settings in Azureus?
slipknotkid
Fresno, CA

slipknotkid

Yes I have tried lowering the max connections. Lowering them fixes it.....For a while. My connection is 6mbps/down and 620/up. I hate to lower the connections too much because it will take years for my downloads to complete. This just barely started happened. Maybe my routers are tired.
mblaser
join:2003-07-31
Stow, OH

mblaser to slipknotkid

to slipknotkid
I had this same exact problem about 6 months ago. It turns out it was my cable modem. I have RoadRunner and was using a Toshiba (1100 I think) modem. After pulling my hair out for weeks, I finally narrowed it down to the fact that it had to be the modem. I took it down to my local office, asked them for a new modem, got a Motorola 5100 and it's worked great since then. So, you may want to see if you can get a new DSL modem.