Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Linger

Re: The update......

said by Linger:

Glad to see you bought a chevy. Did you get the Z71 package. That thing looks like a tank.
No I don't think I got the Z71 pkg, got just about everything else under the hood. I just cracked 1000 miles on it and still runs extremely well. One concern my neighbor found was the engine sounds about like a diesel engine. He did not think that is right, and it should be checked.

I may ask about it, but so far one thing he is kind of shocked at is I don't have a throttle cable all electronic now. So far it runs about like the ford 4 doors did, rides nice and seems to do about the same with the gas mileage as they did.

So far... not dissapointed at all.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this. My 2005 ford Escape and general dealership experience

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
said by David:

One concern my neighbor found was the engine sounds about like a diesel engine. He did not think that is right, and it should be checked.
And the dealer will tell you "ahh, it's normal..." or "huh ?? we don't hear nuthin' wrong" and away we go again.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
said by Hall:

said by David:

One concern my neighbor found was the engine sounds about like a diesel engine. He did not think that is right, and it should be checked.
And the dealer will tell you "ahh, it's normal..." or "huh ?? we don't hear nuthin' wrong" and away we go again.
Well look at the bright side, least this one when I put it in park I can get my key out of the ignition when I shut it off.

I think it sounds normal, if it was that bad with 1110 miles I am sure it probably would have blown up by now, or started having larger problems. Hell if it was that bad I should have thrown a rod or something. Plus it is not even a loud noise.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this. My 2005 ford Escape and general dealership experience

DSL987

join:2000-03-22
Helotes, TX
reply to David
said by David:

So far... not dissapointed at all.
I hope you can afford the gas for that thing.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
Actually, I discovered flex fuel, while gas around here is still well over $2 a gallon, I used e85 over the weekend and only paid $1.65 a gallon..

I figure in about 220 miles I put on this truck this weekend I saved about $17 on gas alone!

So far... this truck is saving me all kinds of money and I will probably have that $235 made up well beforehand at this rate.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this. Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

ceboos

join:2002-04-16
Evanston, IL
David,

I have a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis, which is my second Grand Marquis. I am very happy with it. I just had its first major cost since I bought it--it was maintained by an independent service station rather than the dealer. I bought two new front tires.

In 1968, I had a brand new Mustang Convertible. $2,400 complete, new. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change the price was $50, in 1968! I stopped payment on the the check, which is what I thought my lawyer was telling me to do. They reposessed the car from in front of my house. I sent an employee to recover the car with $50 in cash.

Since then, I have had a rule. Don't let an auto dealer near your car after you get it originally. I have been happy, and the auto dealer went out of business after I did a lot of publicity for him. (Not a wise idea in 2005--he would likely sue me.)

Complain to Ford and find a good mechanic. The late Mike Royko who was a wonderful columnist here in Chicago said that auto dealers view customers the same as butchers view cows, and the result is the same.

Charles