All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Quash
join:2004-12-20

Quash

[Primus] Primus VOIP port issue

Just hooked up Primus VOIP D-Link DVG-1120M Gateway to our network which is through a Netgear RP614 router.

I'm now getting NAT errors. I don't know this D-Link and not sure how to resolve it.

Can anyone give me some newbie intructions about what to try? There a a lot of settings and it's all greek to me.

Thanks,
Rory
rory@childwelfare.ca
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

It would help to know what errors it is that you're getting and a diagram or description of your network setup would help too.

Quash1
@torontocas.ca

Quash1

Anon

The error says simply "nat error" in Azureus.

Network set-up is Cogeco modem > D-Link Primus > Netgear RP-614 router > two computers.

What would be helpful, actually, we the the steps to open up all ports in the D-Link. That would be a good start. The D-Link settings for ports are different than the Netgear so I'm having a bit of difficulty.

deheza
join:2004-06-10
Allen, TX

deheza to Quash

to Quash
Most routers will need to forward the following ports to the Lingo ATA:

53 using UDP protocol (DNS)
69 using UDP protocol (TFTP - Trivial File Transfer Protocol - need for upgrade downloads!)
123 using UDP protocol (NTP - Network Time protocol)
1024 through 1030 using UDP protocol
The UDP ports: 5060 and 5065 - These are the SDP ports that need to be forwarded in order for the SIP server to contact the Lingo Device.
The dynamic UDP ports: 10000 through 20000 - These are the RTP ports that need to be forwarded for the content to reach the Lingo Device.

-s-
@faneuil.com

-s-

Anon

NAT errors in Azureus will have nothing to do with the VoIP and everything to do with the routing part of the D-Link. Azureus flakes out on me all the time even with proper port forwarding on my router. I would suggest investigating Azereus and maybe looking into a differnt BT client.