Premium Member
join:2005-02-20
England

2 edits

fatdcuk

Premium Member

Aurora, and heres who's behind it.

»www.direct-revenue.com/news6.php

Thanks to Direct-Revenue for thousands of users' misery.

»www.google.com/search?hl ··· e+Search

Blogged by Suzi@SpyWare Warrior
»netrn.net/spywareblog/ar ··· nailexe/
bpm3k
join:2004-08-15
Simi Valley, CA

bpm3k

Neither of those links work....

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
England

John2g

Premium Member

said by bpm3k:

Neither of those links work....
That's what I found.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game to fatdcuk

Premium Member

to fatdcuk
Yes..well it is a nice blog ..but the fact is.. Aurora will be allowed to continue to function under , the Aurora Ad Client is compliant with the branding and removal standards of all major proposed Federal legislation relating to online contextual ads such as HR 2929.

since they have this site..

this link here is said to remove aurora which is being spawned by nail.exe and svcproc.exe and aurareco.exe

Mypctuneup.com performs technical support for a number of companies and we are sorry to hear that advertising software is causing you problems. We will gladly assist you in removing our partners' advertising software from your computer as expeditiously as possible.
From our website you can scan your PC and determine whether or not the software is installed on your machine, and if so, you can then choose to uninstall. To run the uninstall tool click on the link below:

»www.mypctuneup.com/evaluate.php

Or go to www.mypctuneup.com and click on free uninstall tool and follow the steps.

Remove Advertising Software With MyPCTuneUp.

Use our FREE uninstall program to remove the following Advertising Software programs from your computer: BestOffers, BetterInternet, Ceres, LocalNRD, MSView, MultiMPP, MXTarget, OfferOptimizer, Twaintec, and some others.

Please keep in mind that MyPCTuneUp isn't a general purpose Advertising Software or Spyware removal company. It will only remove the above programs listed, in addition to a few others.

The MyPCTuneUp uninstaller program will never collect any personally identifiable information, it will not install any additional programs, and it will delete itself once it finishes the uninstall process.

And it works good..unless people try to stop the process with firewalls and other products.

Now dat guy..if you really want to do some good research for the cause ..find out what apps and programs all these people are downloading to their PC that has this bundled adware and enige with it..cause it sure does not just jump on your PC while you are making coffee.

Also tell those people using those products..just because they whacked out the current adware campaign..does not mean that they are home free. Becauase when a new campaign starts and you are still using this so called free stuff..you are going to be finding it appear all over again on your PC in some cases. The internet is aware..and so is the app or service. Get rid of the free programs and service if you do not want the hassle.

Then the experts can start warning people to stay away from those product and sites.

And if your call those nice people who put out the New one.. they will even give you a list of their clients.

About Live Help

MyPCTuneUp company representatives will occasionally be available to both help customers better utilize MyPCTuneUp, and to also get customer feedback on the site.

We will not be available for you on a 24/7 basis, however you'll usually be able to find someone online between the hours of 10am through 4pm, Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time, with the exception of major US holidays.

When we are available, the button below will say 'Click Here for LIVE HELP.' Otherwise, it will say 'Sorry, LIVE HELP is Closed'.
»www.mypctuneup.com/livehelp.php
Name Game

1 edit

Name Game to fatdcuk

Premium Member

to fatdcuk
The roll out of the upgrade to the DR behavioral network began on April 5th by replacing outdated ad clients in an effort to improve consumer awareness. Like other DR ad client brands such as “SolidPeer”, released in September ‘04 and “Ceres” released in November ‘05, the Aurora Ad Client is compliant with the branding and removal standards of all major proposed Federal legislation relating to online contextual ads such as HR 2929.

Direct Revenue LLC
107 Grand Street
3rd Floor
New York, NY 10013
V: 646.613.0376
»www.direct-revenue.com/c ··· acts.php

Publishing partners

Our publishing partners are the very best in the industry. That's because we use permission based client technology to serve higher value IAB-standard advertisements that are targeted to consumers based on their category interests, as determined by their previous searches.

Click here to obtain a form to join our publishing partners network.

Software partners

Through our BetterInternet division, Direct Revenue currently partners with over thirty providers of the Internet's most popular free software, services and content - ranging from VOIP telephony to screensavers to peer-to-peer file sharing. To see a sampling of some of our current partners, please visit www.abetterinternet.com.

If you are interested in becoming a distribution partner, please join our software network.

we give millions of people acesss to free software in exchange for advertising.

These are the Partners, the Products and the Services people are using or downloading that are bundled with Aurora.

»www.abetterinternet.com/

»www.direct-revenue.com/p ··· ners.php

Just as popular TV shows and magazines are made possible through advertising revenue, many of the world's leading content and application developers are able to offer their products free to consumers only because of the advertising supplied by Direct Revenue.

The free search, content and software offerings that we support are enjoyed by some 20 million Internet users all over the world.

Direct Revenue never collects identity-specific information. In fact, we favor industry regulations designed to protect privacy, we're a TRUSTe member in good standing, and we support HR 2929, the best known of the consumer protection measures now pending before Congress.

Direct Revenue also makes it easy to remove our ad targeting applications at any time, either through the Add/Remove function found on all PC's, or by using MyPCTuneup. And our live customer support service - the first in the industry - is available in case you need assistance.

To remove Direct Revenue ad software from your computer, click here.

»www.direct-revenue.com/c ··· mers.php

We're sorry our arrangement isn't working out for you. You can remove our advertising software from your computer by visiting our consumer support partner MyPCTuneUp.com, where you will be guided through an easy uninstall process.

If you have questions or would like assistance from a technician, you can also contact our customer support service by filling out the contact form.

»www.direct-revenue.com/r ··· move.php

K McAleavey
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Voorheesville, NY

4 recommendations

K McAleavey to fatdcuk

Premium Member

to fatdcuk
Heh. And Coolwebsearch is in San Francisco. 200 Paul Avenue. Company called "Atrivo" ... yes, we ALL know WHERE they are, but hey, not a problem to our lawgivers. As long as CWS contibutes to the "party of their choice."

CWS' owner is John Miller (who claims to reside on the fabulous island of Cypress, but is REALLY in San Francisco) at cash4me.biz ... but hey, who cares? After nearly 10 years now of dealing with "l33t haxx0rs" I'm really getting tired of devoting my LIFE to taking these people down if they try to start their stuff before someone notices that their computer's running like qwap and says, "hmmm ... maybe I ought to do a scan."

"Integrated Search Technologies" (ISTBAR) is controlled by ... TUCOWS.COM! Gee, whatta surprise

We *KNOW* who these people are, we've referred them to law enforcement (unlike "hobbyists" we get PAID by our customers to "make it stop") and the FBI, and others REFUSED to pursue. NOW we've offered to assist Elliot Spitzer's office (NYS Attorney General) and let's see if THIS goes anywhere.

I *never* guessed when we created BOClean with an average of 50 new trojans per *YEAR* that we'd do MORE than that in just ONE overnight like last night. As long as Microsoft KEEPS creating new holes, then all I said before the Federal Trade Commission back in 1997 only grows worse as "Windows" becomes more and MORE "integrated."

I predicted this mess back in 1997 before the Federal Trade Commission:

»www.ftc.gov/bcp/privacy/ ··· lean.htm

Check out my warnings about "broadband" long before it came to fuition. At the time when we released BOClean 1.0, we gave it away for FREE because we expected it'd be only a matter of WEEKS before the AV's rendered the problem "insignificant" or Microosft would realize the stupidity of the design. A major piece of the "Antitrust suit" filed by DOJ against Microsoft was based on MY arguments of "consumer harm owing to 'browser/OS integration'" which was also the crux of Judge Jackson's decisions in that case.

And here we are. You'd THINK that after eight years, things would have IMPROVED. After all, "going on the internet" was ONCE just ONE program that had *NO* effect on the operating system or anything else in a "virtual world and virtual code, ephemeral to the 'internet'" ... agggh. And STILL, eitght years later, we're STILL covering the arses of the AV's as a "we'll stop it if YOU don't" reality. And it's NOT like the "freewares" have the MONEY to ensure that we cover LAST NIGHT'S nasties released ... hell ... some of us "awful 'VENDORS'" let those things live for WEEKS before we decide it's time to let our product "detect them."

Not so here. STILL. Wish I was selling PAINT - I'd be more respected.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

If you sold paint you would have to advertise somewhere
Now if we just got together and only painted them subway cars and trains..we would probably be millionaires with no worry about getting the word out.;) Next stop the Bronx.
Love that smell of DIESEL in the morning !:D

»www.forgotten-ny.com/SUB ··· ays.html

K McAleavey
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Voorheesville, NY

K McAleavey

Premium Member

Yipe! I'm ex-NYCTA myself - conductor, 1970 - MOTORMAN 1971 ... patron saint of th emighty arnine! Well ... don't do this for anybody, but a picture of me running an NYCTA arnine ... heh.

Expand your moderator at work

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to fatdcuk

Premium Member

to fatdcuk

Re: Aurora, and heres who's behind it.

i tried the links and they worked, but my only question is who is cpanel.logical.net, as i have this link come up on that post

redxii
Mod
join:2001-02-26
Michigan
Asus RT-AC3100
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2

1 recommendation

redxii to K McAleavey

Mod

to K McAleavey
Simply stating, the spyware companies are making money off of uneducated and uninformed users, not security holes. Clicking Yes on everything isn't a security hole; it's simply the user who doesn't know better. I've run into what were supposed to be a drive by install but didn't work even for an admin account in IE.

JavaScript is the big problem. You'll find it as the most used for installing (or attempting rather) spyware or exploits.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon
MOds will get to it after the selkirk run In the mean time, I can now put the pic as my screen background..put on the coffee pot..and then continue my search for hijackthis logs of people that got wacked with anything..and also have BOClean installed..:o it is a lonely world out there..have not found any to date.

What do you put in that thing..hot chili peppers ?