Premium
join:2001-11-15
USA
kudos:3

2 edits

5 recommendations

[Tutorial] B&W TriTone Tinting Action

See this thread for an example. »Artify # 30

Here are 2 Action Sets.. 1 for Adobe PS7 & Prior... and 1 for Adobe PS CS & CS2. These are both Beta Versions as I just created them and haven't thoroughly tested them. Just quick tests to make sure they do work...lol. Please post some examples if you wish. This is mainly for Orange3 See Profile since he sort hinted about requesting an Action..hehe.
--
"Man who say it can not be done should not interrupt man doing it."

AlgoAsi
Premium
join:2002-07-22
I got an error saying the command could not be completed as the action could only be performed within the OS in which it had been written...never had that happen before..(?)

Gemologist
Premium
USA
said by AlgoAsi:

I got an error saying the command could not be completed as the action could only be performed within the OS in which it had been written...never had that happen before..(?)
Hmmm... that is interesting. What OS are you running? Mac? Only thing I can think is because of the Curves file and my install is on a PC.
--

quientus
So Red Shoes
Premium
join:2000-08-11
San Jose, CA
reply to Gemologist
I got a file not found error.

Gemologist
Premium
USA
said by quientus:

I got a file not found error.
If you downloaded the correct Zip file for your version of Adobe PS and followed the Onscreen directions at the beginning of the Action that says **READ FIRST** then you wouldn't have gotten a file not found
--

Orange3
Premium
join:2005-02-26
Longmont, CO
reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
NIKON D70
25mm 1/320th F9

Before
Click for full size
NIKON D70
25mm 1/320th F9

After
I got the same error, and there was no Read First with the CS2 action. Anyhow, I figured it out. The .ado file needs to be copied to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Duotones

It works great, thanks for the hard work . I will need a bit more practice with it, but here is a quick n' dirty one. Before + After

Gemologist
Premium
USA
Sorry it should actually say **PLAY FIRST**

Try this version.. I may have uploaded the wrong one...lol
--