share rss forum feed

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
join:2001-12-02
Pink Beanbag
kudos:2

PSP 9 Errors

I'm hoping someone has some ideas, I just installed PSP 9, downloaded the update and everything seems to be working fine except when I save a file as a psp image file the file won't open in Animation Shop. I get an error message This is not a valid Paint Shop Pro Image File.
I've tried opening some old psp image files saved from PSP 8 and they all appear to be ok unless I go into PSP 9 and save them again, then I end up getting the same error message in Animation Shop. I can save the files as Animation Shop files in PSP and they open ok but when I'm working on larger projects I normally like to save the files as psp images instead.
Any ideas? I've double checked all of my settings in both Animation Shop and PSP and have checked for updates or patches for both programs but so far I've had no luck.
I have not yet checked files saved as .psd format but will check that, if it works that may be an option to just start saving my images and layers as .psd instead of .psp image files.
Any ideas are appreciated.
--

If you're not living on the edge...you're taking up too much room.
Feel Your Heart Race

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
Pink Beanbag
Just checked files saved as .psd's and they open fine in Animation Shop.
Anyone else who is using PSP 9 seeing this also?

Action_Man
Currently Appearing As
Premium
join:2003-07-22
England

1 recommendation

reply to Macy

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
Pink Beanbag
Thanks Action_Man! At least I know I'm not the only one having this problem.
If there's no workaround to get psp image files to open in Animation Shop, I'll just saving my layers as either AS format or psd. I'm just really glad to see that Animation Shop will still open a psd.
--

Feel Your Heart Race

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
reply to Macy
Macy, I have that problem also in PSP8, have to save as Animation file. I either use that or export gif or jpg.

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
Pink Beanbag
I never had this problem with PSP8, no matter how I saved the file it would always open in Animation Shop.
PSP 9 has a few quirks that I don't like but overall the new features are nice.
--

Feel Your Heart Race

TACSPEED
Premium
join:2001-04-14
Tacoma, WA
quote:
I never had this problem with PSP8, no matter how I saved the file it would always open in Animation Shop.
What are you doing special in PSP8? I thought you always had to save the file in the old PSP7 (AS) or older format.
--
Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum.

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
Pink Beanbag
said by TACSPEED:

quote:
What are you doing special in PSP8? I thought you always had to save the file in the old PSP7 (AS) or older format.
Nothing special that I'm aware of. I still have PSP8 installed on another computer so when I get a free minute I'll check and see if I can find any settings that I changed. The only thing I can remember is adding the patch to PSP8 right after I bought it so it would add the option to save a file as an Animation Shop file, that option was missing in the very first release.
If I was working on a transparent layer I'd still have to save it as an A.S. file to preserve transparency but otherwise I saved everything as a .psp image file and most of my backed up files are still saved in that format and open in Animation Shop with no problems.
--

Feel Your Heart Race

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
Pink Beanbag
reply to TACSPEED
Ok, just checked PSP8 on the other computer and I can't believe I didn't see it when I was checking on Saturday, I have my save as options set to save as PSP7 format by default and never noticed. I didn't bother checking the Save As options earlier because I was so positive that it was set to save as PSP8 formats.
--

Feel Your Heart Race

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
reply to Macy
Is that in preferences where you can adjust the save as?

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
Pink Beanbag

1 edit
Click for full size
Not in preferences, open any graphic in PSP, click Save As and when the box opens look over to the right close to the bottom and you'll see where it says Options. Click the Options tab and you'll see the list to save as PSP6, PSP7 or PSP8 formats. I have PSP7 format clicked.

Edit: Added screenshot. Your save as options box may be a little different, the screenshot is from PSP9 but the options are the same.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
reply to Macy
Thanks Macy, it was already checked, been awhile since I tried to open psp in animation shop.

Action_Man
Currently Appearing As
Premium
join:2003-07-22
England

1 recommendation

reply to Macy
I found out recently that you can drag an image from one utility straight into another ie: PSP/PS to Fireworks, maybe that will work ?, it also works with webpage graphics i just drag them straight off the page into Fireworks ...

Macy
South Of Insanity
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-7
Pink Beanbag

1 recommendation

Clicking and dragging doesn't seem to work in PSP, I can't drag anything outside the window but can drag images into it.

Dandelion, I'm not sure that having the default save as option set to PSP7 format will work but I just saved a psp image file with PSP9 using the PSP7 format and it opens in Animation Shop so it's working for me.
--

Feel Your Heart Race

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Macy
Macy, must have changed it at one time or a patch did, anyway now works in Animation Shop also, so used to saving as jpg or gif though may not use much.
--
want to know what I'm doing? dandelion's place