how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Criticalmass

join:2003-12-06
Golden, CO

Ringtone that sounds like a PHONE?

Anybody got a link to a ringtone that actually sounds like a run of the mill home telephone (for a Samsung x475)?

T-mobile has this great scheme to sell phones with god awful standard ringtones so you have to use their internet access service to get new ones. But I haven't been able to find a NORMAL phone ringtone. Just ridiculous old fashioned telephones or office phones. There have got to be others out their that want their cell phone ring to sound like a phone...where are they getting their ringtones?

Thanks.

dot_null
Premium
join:2004-06-28
Kennesaw, GA

1 edit

1 recommendation

I know what you mean. I have looked all over the net for some regular ringtones, and I have finally found some. I downloaded them off of a few sites and zipped them. 29 of them are MIDI and one is an MP3. Most all of them are regular phone rings.

»zhill.home.comcast.net/files/ringers.zip

Hope this helps!

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Criticalmass

Its not just T-Mobile, or Samsung, many phones have really strange default ringtones. I have two phones now, and I can't stand using of the default ringtones on either phone, however what I did was send midi ringtones to my samsung through e-mail/t-zones, also if you have a data cable you can upload them to your phone for free once you have them. I use a v330 now, and I've uploaded many ringtones/wallpapers/etc, that I have made from existing content, and it didn't cost me any money other than what I already spent as I was using the bluetooth connection.

Samsungs support a strange format, mmf, so you can't use mp3 ringtones, but midis work fine. However phones like Motorolas have support for formats like mp3 which make it easy for me to put on custom ringtones.
--
My hourly rates:
$25 per hour.
$35 per hour if you want to watch.
$45 per hour if you want to help.
$75 per hour if you tried to fix it, and failed.
The biggest error is sitting in front of your keyboard.

Ivan
Premium
join:2001-11-15
Internet
reply to Criticalmass

downloadClassicRingTone.zip 22,029 bytes
Here's a 'ring'. In mid, mp3 and wav form.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

1 edit
reply to Criticalmass

downloadOldPhone.zip 592 bytes
(OldPhone.mid)
This one came with my SE T-616 and T-637 and sounds exactly like the old mechanical bell ringers from 40 years ago. Unfortunately Windows media player does not render it as well as the phone. The wife's Mac Mini plays it perfectly. If your phone handles midi (.mid) files it might be worth a try.
--
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Criticalmass

join:2003-12-06
Golden, CO

1 edit
reply to Criticalmass

dot_null: Your link results in a "page not found"

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for a more modern sounding phone (like most cordless phones, an electronically generated ring), but anything is better than the default ringtones.

Now I just have to figure out how to send myself the ringtone because the x475 doesn't have a data cable hookup, and I've never sent myself a ringtone before.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

Do you know the e-mail address of your phone? You can e-mail it to your phone, but you will be charged the cost of a picture message. The e-mail address of your phone is your mobile number at tmomail.net, example 1234567890@tmomail.net

If you try to use your internet providers account it might not work, but if you use something like a free yahoo account I have found it should have no problem getting through. It seems messages from most providers are filtered for attachments, so the yahoo mail account should have no problem working.

There is also websites like »zedge.no where they can give your phone a wap page which allows you to download files to your phone, but you would need unlimited t-zones to be able to access more than just the basic wap pages they allow you to visit to download their ringtones/wallpaper/games.
--
My hourly rates:
$25 per hour.
$35 per hour if you want to watch.
$45 per hour if you want to help.
$75 per hour if you tried to fix it, and failed.
The biggest error is sitting in front of your keyboard.

Jim Gurd
Premium
join:2000-07-08
Livonia, MI
reply to Criticalmass

downloadbell.zip 69,635 bytes
(bell.wma)
Here's a cool one from Cingular. Unfortunately it's only in WMA format. You'll need to convert it to MP3 or WAV.

dot_null
Premium
Kennesaw, GA

1 edit
reply to Criticalmass

downloadringers.zip 92,199 bytes
Sorry about that link above. When I uploaded the file I forgot to rename it. The original link should work now. In case that link doesn't work I have attached the ringers below.

Ivan
Premium
join:2001-11-15
Internet

Hey, good stuff dot_null See Profile!
Thanks for sharing those.

Andrew J
Premium
join:2001-11-09
Lancaster, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Criticalmass

downloadAltesTelefon.zip 136,904 bytes
(AltesTelefon.mp3)
old phone

dot_null
Premium
Kennesaw, GA
reply to Ivan

No problem! Glad you like them

Andrew J
Premium
join:2001-11-09
Lancaster, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Criticalmass

downloadoldphone2.zip 20,504 bytes
(oldphone2.wav)

onzehans

@demon.nl
reply to Criticalmass

Thanks guys!!
I spent a lot of time to find midi-file ringtones that sound as old telephones: your help did it!