uniqs
share rss forum feed

Loker
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Fargo, ND

Newsworld International name change

just got a message on my cable box

"On August 1, Newsworld International (NWI) on channel 107 is changing its name to Current TV. This network is available with Digital Extra, Please contact Comcast at 1-888-COMCAST with questions."
--
"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic inQuake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

comcastfan11

join:2003-08-04
Brick, NJ
Yeah the CBC is completely shutting the channel down on 7/31 and Al Gore will start Current TV up. All CBC programming on the channel will be gone. This channel is probably destined to fail.. Doesn't seem like a reallly realistic idea.

»www.current.tv/

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Cool! 1 less channel for Comcast to NEVER add!
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
reply to Loker
wasn't al gore suppose to make some sort of tech channel or something

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ
said by Loker:

Who knows? People are p***** that he is getting rid of Newsworld International and starting a destined to fail channel.

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ
said by comcastfan11:

said by Loker:

Who knows? People are p***** that he is getting rid of Newsworld International and starting a destined to fail channel.
Hey, dont' get all in Al Gore's face. After all, he invented the internet:D

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ
No, Comcast invented the internet:p Al Gore is just a washed up has been who still can't get over the fact that he "lost" the 2000 presidential election..

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
reply to Loker
if he woulda started his tech channel I probably would have watched

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ

1 edit

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ
reply to Loker
If he resurrected Tech Tv that would be cool. Mbernste would like that:) But comcast probably wouldn't carry it.

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND

2 edits
reply to Loker
don't get me started on that G4 crap comcast has....that channel is going to go under soon anyway I hope... I do not know any gamers who watch that channel it is just so whats the word stupid

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ

1 edit
Yeah G4 is s***. The only way it could possibly go out of business is if Directv & Dish Network dropped it, as well as every cable company out there. That's probably not going to happen so the best we can do is boycott and not watch it, I sure as hell don't. I think its even worse than the TV Guide Channel:o

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to Loker
yeah i quit watching it when they merged with techtv. I don't watch it now still even though they felt the need to move it to standard cable this year. They should put it back on digital and use the channel space for a community access channel or a comcast channel that tells people about new services being launched in their area. Adelphia has a channel called adelphia 20 that shows news about adelphia systems, why can't comcast have a channel like that. Just think how many calls about "when is digital voice being launched?" would be stopped if they had a channel that told about digital voice and an approximate timeframe for launch in the specific area.

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ
A channel showcasing comcast news... now that is a good idea

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
reply to Loker
I would go for more of an on demand thing they could have lots of short how to's on there on how to fix normal problems or they would have a VOD program with weekly updates about comcast just simple set up FAQ's lots of stuff
--
"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic inQuake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to Loker
adelphia, time warner and charter have channels like that. Why can't comcast have a channel like that as well?

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ
Who knows mike? I think as I have already mentioned that it is a good idea, I mean the satellite companies have these types of channels so why not comcast? Maybe comcast likes to keep all their information secretive and hidden from the public.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to Loker
who do we need to talk to in order to get an comcast channel launched? Will that comment website work? I forget what it is called but it usually ends up getting fixed quickly and you end up getting a call from a higher up.

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
reply to Loker
you would have to get a lot of people to say something before comcast would probably even look at it

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ
reply to mikedz4
I'm not sure of the comment website that you are referencing too but if its worked in the past I would give it a shot. Also contacting your local gov't and comcast themselves might help. lol.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to Loker
there's a website that people go to to complain about service. It's a popular website but it's name escapes me at the moment.

comcastfan11

Brick, NJ
reply to Loker
Looks like the network signs off on July 31 at 6 a.m. I used the Directv guide on yahoo tv.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to Loker
does anyone know what website i am talking about? It's where people go to complain and then the ceo or someone that knows the ceo responds to the complaints.

AnonFanN

@rr.com
reply to Loker
I know this topic is a little old, but I wanted to express my anger at Al Gore for taking off NWI. (It was the only place where I could watch NHK Newsworld from Japan. Now I'm desperately trying to find some other place where I can watch it.)

It's nice to know I'm not alone in my anger.

Cable Honcho

@cpe.net.cable.rogers
Why dont some of you petition your cable/sat company to just offer the regular Canadian Newsworld that we receive here. Their shouldnt be any rights issues regarding programming although its very Canadian centric, dont know if that would interest many of you southerners.

drewfell

join:2005-01-27
Puyallup, WA
reply to Loker
said by Loker:

just got a message on my cable box

"On August 1, Newsworld International (NWI) on channel 107 is changing its name to Current TV. This network is available with Digital Extra, Please contact Comcast at 1-888-COMCAST with questions."
Newsworld International was channel 125 in my area, but as of today is Current TV.

I have digital plus, but still don't get the channel. Damn Comcast.