spc
Search similar:

uniqs

McChen
@comcast.net

McChen

Anon

[Info] Atheros driver 4.1.2.71 available

I saw Fujitsu has release Atheros drivers version 4.1.2.71. Should work on all Atheros chipsets from 5001 to 5006. I haven't tried these yet, but previous Fujitsu driver releases worked for me. Please report your results!
»www.fmworld.net/download ··· 2320.exe
taytong888
join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

taytong888

Is this driver for DI-624 OR DI-524 or what?
I went to Atheros(dot)com but cannot tell which chip is for which DLink device. Can someone direct me to a site that shows this info? Thanks.

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

This would be for the DWL-Gxxx PCI and Cardbus cards with 108 Mbps capability, and perhaps the later rev of the DWL-G510.
claykin
join:2003-08-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL

claykin to McChen

to McChen
The darn installer doesn't work right and it cannot find the driver for the NIC. Anyone else have this issue?

funchords
Hello
MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

You need to identify which NIC you're saying you're having problems with.

But yes, this one is a little different. The driver file is not in front of me right now, so perhaps someone can fill in the blanks below

There are two setup programs in the file. One is called setup___.exe. Then you go into the ______________ directory and you'll find setup.exe. That's the one you want.

--Robb
tquade7
join:2000-10-14
Regina, SK

1 edit

tquade7

Follows,

"your drive":\"your path"\mr42171a\Atheros_1.79\setup.exe

Ted
kareshi7
join:2003-03-17
Markham, ON

kareshi7 to claykin

to claykin
I had similar problem at first.. but what I did was to install the driver first.. then plugged in my cardbus and it detected Ethernet Controller.. I had to specify the device I need to install instead of search automatically.. as a result it will list 3 adapters, Atheros 5001+, 5006+ and Fuji .. I selected 5006+ and it worked.
claykin
Fort Lauderdale, FL

claykin to McChen

to McChen
I believe the problem with the ar5211.sys driver not installing is related to the net5211.inf file included in the Fujitsu provided package.

I have V4.1.2.71 from an Atheros OEM (the generic version) and it installs just fine. The generic version coems with a newer version of the ACU (V4.1.2.35). I found this combination to NOT work very well. I could not get the Auto Profile Selection feature to work, I also had problems with my client constantly waiting and waiting for an IP to be assigned by DHCP, and finally I also had an issue with general connectivity and losing my connection through ACU.

I then tried to reinstall the V4.1.2.56 package (which includes V4.1.2.25 ACU) and then I manually replaced the ar5211.sys file for the V4.1.2.71 driver and after three days its still working well. No issues to report YET.

So, my recommendation is to keep your 4.1.2.56 install and just grab the ar5211.sys file from the new Fujitsu package and manually replace it.

Your mileage may vary......

McChen
@comcast.net

McChen

Anon

claykin:
any chance you can make the generic version available for others to test?
claykin
Fort Lauderdale, FL

claykin to McChen

to McChen
Well, I just got my first BSOD (IRQL is....) with the V4.1.2.71 ar5211.sys driver. This after about 4 days of reasonably hard use (VPN tunneling....).

Anyway, the ocassional BSOD's have occured in V4.1.2.56 and 4.1.2.71. On he other hand I never experienced a BSOD with V4.0.0.167 (however I had other issues with it that might be due to the ACU utility packaged with 4.0.0.167). After the aggravation I had with the V4.1.2.35 ACU that came packaged with the 4.1.2.71 driver, and since now most of those "issues" are resolved by using the V4.1.2.25 ACU, I might now try to experiment and use the 4.1.2.25 ACU with the 4.0.0.167 driver and see how that flies.......

Everyone get that?????

Sure, I'll happily give out the generic V4.1.2.71 driver if someone wants to host it. I have no hosting capability. PM me a link to upload it and I'll take care of the rest.
Jellen
join:2004-08-19
Belgium

Jellen

Claykin, you may e-mail it to me, will host it.

you know my other telenet e-mail adress.
michaelzhao
join:2004-04-17
Toronto, ON

michaelzhao to claykin

to claykin
I am happy to host it if you can email to me.

michaelzhao@hotmail.com
michaelzhao

michaelzhao

Thanks. It can be downloaded now from:

»ftp://www.2east.net/Atheros_4. ··· 2.71.zip

funchords
Hello
MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

I'll share the burden...

»www.funchords.com/Athero ··· 2.71.zip

adsl user
@telus.net

adsl user to McChen

Anon

to McChen
Do these work on the DWL-G132 USB Adapter?

funchords
Hello
MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

No. Just PCI, Mini-PCI, or PCMCIA.
JCHallgren
join:2005-03-23
South Chatham, MA

JCHallgren

Sorry to admit that I'm still a bit confused...would this be usable/suitable for my DWL-G630? Or is there an alternate version that would be better and more stable?
I'm using W98SE which may impact answer also...
Thanks! (As I'm VERY unhappy with the D-link utility!)

MDA
@westnet.com.au

MDA to claykin

Anon

to claykin
I'm still using the V4.1.2.56 and am getting BSOD (IRQL not less...) resulting from the ar5211.sys driver almost once a day, sometimes more. Which drivers are the most stable?

Does anyone actually use the dlink drivers? I tried them when I first got these cards, but they were crap. Kept loosing signal and would not connect when the computer booted, needed to be disabled and re-enabled before they would connect. Are the latest Dlink drivers any good?
klui
join:2001-11-08
Castro Valley, CA

klui to claykin

to claykin
Yup. I never experienced BSODs from ar5211.sys until I upgraded to 4.1. I, presumably like many folks here as well, disable Atheros's custom logon panel when I "upgrade." I also uninstall the old one then install the new version instead of installing over.
claykin
Fort Lauderdale, FL

2 edits

claykin to McChen

to McChen
In another thread I mentioned that Fujitsupc.com has posted driver V4.1.2.38 for the P7010D. usually Fujitsu US runs the drivers through exhaustive testing before releasing so maybe this one is less troublesome??? Just a guess.

I'm still running the V4.1.2.71 driver with the ACU from V4.1.2.56. Seems to be the best combo for me. The only thing I noticed fixed in the 4.1.2.71 driver is the ocassional slow bootup.

I also recommend doing a complete uninstall before reinstalling. It might also be a good idea to run Ccleaner on the registry to remove the few left over Atheros entries before reinstalling.

I just hope Atheros will fix the ocassional BSOD issue in the V4.1 drivers.....
JCHallgren
join:2005-03-23
South Chatham, MA

1 edit

JCHallgren to McChen

to McChen
So exactly what vers of Atheros is the most recent that still installs/works under W98SE? I tried to install 4.1.2.56 but it says it can't...now going to try 3.3.01.56 to see how that would be compared to D-Link vers...it may work as it has a 9x.sys suffixed file which ver 4 doesn't.

Update; installed the 3.3.01.56 vers...it works BUT..the ACS.exe module is taking about 70% of my CPU! So now what?
michaelzhao
join:2004-04-17
Toronto, ON

michaelzhao

I suggest u to try D-Link driver, I know they are su*ks, but there seems no choice.