This is a sub-selection from Luxury/Utility

ronob
I'M Fixin It
join:1999-10-18
Fort Lauderdale, FL

ronob to l33t

to l33t

Re: Luxury/Utility

Actually many farmers use, need, want broadband in order to have information necessary for them to survive.
Weather and market for example.

l33t
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Indianapolis, IN

l33t

Premium Member

said by ronob:

Actually many farmers use, need, want broadband in order to have information necessary for them to survive.
Dial-up?

ronob
I'M Fixin It
join:1999-10-18
Fort Lauderdale, FL

ronob

Do you eat?
Farming is competitive industry, for them to survive and keep prices that the rest of us can pay, they need access too.

»www.google.com/search?so ··· roadband
a little info

LoneGreyWolf
Premium Member
join:2002-09-09
Winter Haven, FL

LoneGreyWolf to l33t

Premium Member

to l33t
said by l33t:

said by ronob:

Dial-up?
Yes, there is dial-up, but what some people seem to forget is that many many websites are geared towards broadband connections. It's taking longer and longer to browse the internet with a dial-up connection and forget about trying to access college databases. Trying to do English 1010 essays last year was real fun. Had deadlines for drafts and on several occasions I had to ask the professor for extensions because I was unable to hit the databases I was restricted to. Dial-up will be around for a while, but the market is acting like it's been gone for a few years.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to ronob

Premium Member

to ronob
said by ronob:

My family is one of Northern California's largest farming families. For years we have done without the internet and to this day still do.

Weather reports? The morning news paper and the 5 o'clock news still works just fine. Market? I can see that being a good example, however, there are still trade news media that still serves this purpose. For my family, most of the crop is already sold before it's planted.

The need for instant access to information for many farmers is still not that important. I am not saying that it can help farmers and I am sure some farmers have certain reasons for internet access, but I still don't think farming will stop without broadband access.

l33t
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Indianapolis, IN

l33t to ronob

Premium Member

to ronob
That's why I said they could use dial-up, they don't really need it. That's why I said it was a Luxury/Utility.
« LuxuryUtiility! »
This is a sub-selection from Luxury/Utility