Premium Member
join:2001-09-01
Layton, UT

RayW to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

Re: A Right!

said by fiberguy2:

What "depends" on the internet? Not flaming, just want to hear what you say depends on the internet?
My job requires the use of the internet for all my personnel issues, 401K, pay, etc. Those have all been centralized in one area. While there are phones for overseas people and those at places without connections, it is not the easiest way to go.

Shadow01
Premium Member
join:2003-10-24
Wasteland

Shadow01

Premium Member

You can still access the Internet without BB. Dialup will allow access to all that you have stated.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by Shadow01:

You can still access the Internet without BB. Dialup will allow access to all that you have stated.
Well why don't you go try it again for a few months? Ever try to accomplish anything on the internet in the past few years without broadband?

Hell, we had a 768Kbps SDSL line at work that was painfully slow until a few months ago and our current 3Mbps Biz Class Cable line is getting there.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Mevans, if the average economy car can get you from A to B doing about 60 MPH, but you buy a real tricked our Vette or something that can do 80+ easily, aren't you still both getting from point A to B, just one gets there faster?

I guess then we should all have more affordable luxury cars or sports cars so we can all move around faster too.

and 768 is hardly "painfully slow" - Just more to prove that BB is a luxury. (And again, at work, it's generally called business class networks.. the topic here is broadband which is usually a home service term.
« most people do not need it
This is a sub-selection from A Right!