spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DrToca

join:2004-12-13
Yonkers, NY

[Speed] U/L and D/L limits? Caps? Etc.

I am moving to Comcast country and yes, I have read the FAQ here regarding caps/letters etc. but they are from 2003 and perhaps things have changed.

I currently use VZ DSL and OOL. OOL capped me twice in the first 2 weeks I had it, due to bit torrent usage so DSL is what I use.

I U/L and D/L all day and night, without a break.

Does Comcast suspend you or cap your bandwith if you use BT or any other P2P? Do the various tiers afford you more usage for P2P applications?

Thanks is advance.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18
People do 200-300GB per month and haven't gotten "The Letter"(degrading network performance warning). It's dependant on your area.
If there are alot of people hogging bandwidth to the point of causing others to have poor performance, and you're one of these people, you may get "The Letter".

There are no set limits.

Klownicle

join:2005-03-15
Sarasota, FL
reply to DrToca
I download anywhere between 100gb and 200gb monthly never seen a cap notice.

kevin44

join:2004-02-03
Mountain View, CA
reply to DrToca
I download a lot with Comcast and haven't had any problems, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Bodyslide

join:2000-12-14
Woodstock, GA
For the past 2 months I have had Comcast and have been trying to see how much I can download before getting the letter. In May I hit 170 gigs, June 225 gigs and in July and August hit 300 gigs. Still no letter...

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium
join:2003-02-20
Charlotte, NC
kudos:1
reply to DrToca
i'm gonna say for the sake of argument it's LEGAL content :P

But damn don't you think you'd stop finding stuff to download after a bit :P here are my totals

»pedpix.net/totals.html

somethingdff

@comcast.net
reply to DrToca
NOBODY here can tell you if you are going to get capped or not.

Comcast DOES NOT cap. They do however send you a nice warning letter about bandwidth abuse and if you keep at it they will suspend you for certain amount of time.

The limits are unknow and vary by location and people at node.