dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
iosono61
join:2005-09-18
ITALY

iosono61

DSL-300T: FW v1.00B02T02.UK.20040525 > WANTED!!!

Please everyones,
I am wanting this firmware for my D-Link DSL-300T:
FW v1.00B02T02.UK.20040525
On D-Link UK ftp server it's not there.
Please, help me.
Thank you very much to all you and scuse me for annoyance.
In awaiting, best regards.

rperkin
join:2003-12-12
UK

rperkin

I have a UK purchased DSL-300T. It was delivered with firmware V1.00B02T02.UK.20040618 installed, the same version that is currently on the D-Link UK FTP server.

I don't have a copy of the 20040525 firmware, but there is an early version dated 20040422 on the D-Link RU site. The default PPPoE/PPPoA and VPI/VCI settings will of course be different. Find it in this directory:
»ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/ADSL/DS ··· re/ADSL/
It may help if you're looking for an early firmware version, but I don't think it's the same as 20040525...

Are you aware that EU V2.00B01 firmware with ADSL2+ support is now available for the DSL-300T? Find it here:
»ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/ADSL/DS ··· /ADSL2+/

If you really want a specific UK firmware version, have you asked D-Link for a copy?

Why do you want a copy of this early firmware?

Hope this helps
iosono61
ITALY

iosono61

Dear rperkin,
before all thank you very much for your reply.
This version firmware is the only that transform DSL-300T in one pure modem ( no NAT, no internal firewall , no DHCP server etc.)= no router.
However, again thanks
Best regards.

Nehao
@pppoe.mtu-net.ru

Nehao

Anon

1) dsl-300t is pure modem (bridge) itself (dsl-500t is modem+router). If you managed to hack your 300t into 500t then just switch it into "bridged mode" (i.e. RFC1483) and feel free;
2) it is technically impossible to return to ADSL1 FW from ADSL2;
3) check possible fix here: »mcmcc.bat.ru/dlinkt/
4) at last check it here: ftp.dlink.ru/pub/ADSL/DSL-300T/.

Good luck!
iosono61
ITALY

iosono61

Thank you Nehao for your informations.
Best regards.

rperkin
join:2003-12-12
UK

1 edit

rperkin to Nehao

to Nehao
"it is technically impossible to return to ADSL1 FW from ADSL2"
Is that correct?

I thought that the Firmware Upgrade utility program used to install the ADSL2+ firmware was a simple scripting program (tiupgrade.exe) which executes a script (tiupgrade.scp) to change environment settings and load a compressed configuration file and new firmware image (kernel + filesystem). This detail is hidden from the end user under an InstallShield wrapper.

The script changes the MTD flash memory partition settings: provided you know the previous values, you should be able to reset them (using ADAM2 directly, or via an ADAM2 utility program) then reload the 'old' firmware.

Or have I got this wrong?

Kind regards

EDIT: One further point...
The DSL-300T is *not* simply a pure modem. Indeed, early firmware supported NAT and firewall functionality - later firmware has removed this. This inbuilt functionality (because of the capability of the TI AR7) is what enables the McMCC third party firmware to hack the DSL-300T into a DSL-500T single port router...
akh024
join:2005-12-06
Kuwait

akh024 to Nehao

to Nehao
I have DSL300T and plan to use third party firmware (mcmcc.bat.ru/dlinkt/)to upgrade it to 500T in order to get routing feature. Shall be grateful to know feed back on its outcome if someone has tried it?
Thanks