spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Camper52
join:2004-02-20
Quaker Hill, CT

Camper52

[info] Cingular Wireless Bill

Did anyone else open up there Cingular Cell Bill to find a extra charge for Agora voice messaging set up ?
What is this for ???
My voice mail has worked fine for months and now all of a sudden it is a 1 time extra charge ?
swiftymc
join:2004-02-15
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

Just logged into mine and I dont see it. Where exactly do you see it on yours?
Camper52
Quaker Hill, CT

Camper52

It was on my paper bill received in the mail Saturday.
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc to Camper52

to Camper52
I should be gettin my paper bill tommorow, Ill let ya know If I get it.
harlenm
join:2002-09-02
Shelton, CT

harlenm to Camper52

to Camper52
Cingular screwed my bill up this month. I added a second line and they charged me for data even though I'm on an unlimited data plan. The thing is they list the plan on my bill, but charged me for data anyway.

Glenn
I'D Rather Be Skiing
Premium Member
join:2000-10-05
Wallingford, CT

Glenn to Camper52

Premium Member

to Camper52
My wife and I upgraded our phones earlier this summer.

They were "nice" enough to give us voice connect and road side assistance free for a month or so. I'm sure they've done some marketing study that found X% of customers forget about the service and just keep paying the bill, no questions asked.

I called and cancelled both services a few weeks before they were supposed to charge us.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to swiftymc

Premium Member

to swiftymc
Could you help define better where the Agora charge it, my bill is about 8 pages.
Camper52
Quaker Hill, CT

Camper52

It says on the paper bill
" Agora Voice Messaging One Time Setup Fee ".
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

Hmm, not on mine... I see categories like Calling Charges, Taxes, Other Fees, Wireless Account Summary, Wireless Phone Number xxx-xxx-xxxx. I was inquiring as to which category the charge was under
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc to Camper52

to Camper52
I got my paper bill today and I dont see this charge anywhere on it.
harlenm
Shelton, CT

harlenm to Camper52

to Camper52
Anyone else notice signals gone to crap lately. I'm assuming it has something to do with integration, but I have very little signal on the Cingular network in areas that used to be good, and my phone keep switching over the the ATT network.

Makes for missed calls and delayed sms because my phone is constantly looking for service.
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

I get a lot of delayed mms and a lot of missed calls in areas that didnt normally get it. cingular is just weird.
When im in the house I get 0 service, yet my sisters verizon gets atleast 3 bars anywhere in here. its ridiculous
harlenm
Shelton, CT

harlenm to Camper52

to Camper52
Have you gone into a store to check the map of towers to see if there is a tower near you? You give them a street and they can pull up a map that shows where the towers are.

If there is a tower near you and you aren't getting service, there maybe either a problem with your phone or with a tower.

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491 to Camper52

to Camper52
I remember a few years back 60 minutes did a story on how hard it is to read your phone bill and they interviewed two guys about thier phone bill asking what this or that charge was. Well one was brain surgeon and the other was a rocket scientist. And they could not figure it out how are we going to.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

Maxo

Premium Member

said by billh491:

I remember a few years back 60 minutes did a story on how hard it is to read your phone bill and they interviewed two guys about thier phone bill asking what this or that charge was. Well one was brain surgeon and the other was a rocket scientist. And they could not figure it out how are we going to.
I had a medical doctor who had some very simple and minor DSL problems ask me how long I went to school to learn everything I had walked him through. I assured him my knowledge took much less time than it takes to earn a doctorate.
Phone bills are hard to read for the laymen but it only takes just a little bit of training to figure them out. I find myself explaining the telephone bill to my wife occasionally. It looks clear to me but to her it's greek.
Camper52 See Profile, did you try calling Cingular? They could probably either explain it to you or knock it off if invalid. Most phone reps won't spend too much time worrying about a $1 charge, even if it is legitimate. Others, such as msyelf, are bigger sticklers who only give credits when they are sure they are valid. Usually if you say very calm and un-antagonistic, "I've been with the company for X years and spend Y amount a month on service, have made no changes, and feel I'm inappropriately getting charged an activation fee for a service I never asked for." you could increase the chance of getting it back.

A guest
@snet.net

A guest to Camper52

Anon

to Camper52
Google it. It looks like a scam
Vince5
join:2005-10-03

Vince5 to Camper52

to Camper52
We've received a charge for Agora Voice Messaging by Integral also, yet they have no website and they put you on hold forever when calling to inquire about the charge.
Hmmmm....