join:2005-05-30
Moncton, NB

2 recommendations

LetsGetDrugs

Easy way to access hidden pages in 6300/6520

routeraccess.zip
853 bytes
Unzip the html files and open index.html
Here's a simple html page that you can use to easily access hidden pages in the web GUI for Bell 6520/6300 modems. (firewall, custom colours, etc.). If you're modem's IP is not 192.168.2.1, just modify the source. Let me know if you know any other hidden pages...

bylo
Premium Member
join:2004-05-04
Waterloo, ON

bylo

Premium Member

Kewl!

BTW, one can add more pages in the nav.htm file to more easily access other commonly-used pages like DSL stats or port forwarding.

Thanks for putting this together!

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1 to LetsGetDrugs

MVM

to LetsGetDrugs
Congratulations and thank you for this incredible piece of software. I now see what I have been missing with the SS6520.

bylo
Premium Member
Waterloo, ON

bylo to LetsGetDrugs

Premium Member

to LetsGetDrugs
Here's an updated version with more pages. If anyone knows the urls to other functions, e.g. user profiles, post them here and I'll update further.

cable and dsl makeou
@cpe.net.cable.rogers

cable and dsl makeou to LetsGetDrugs

Anon

to LetsGetDrugs
Can anyone please tell me what this is?? 'Cause I have NO idea.:(

MBaudot
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27
ON

MBaudot to bylo

Premium Member

to bylo
have you got all these?

bylo
Premium Member
Waterloo, ON

bylo

Premium Member

said by MBaudot:

have you got all these?
Yup, except that a couple don't seem to work on the SS6300 so I left them out.

MBaudot
Premium Member
ON

MBaudot

Premium Member

said by bylo:

said by MBaudot:

have you got all these?
Yup, except that a couple don't seem to work on the SS6300 so I left them out.
Great job thanks!
fredbalsdon6
join:2004-01-12
Petawawa, ON

fredbalsdon6 to LetsGetDrugs

to LetsGetDrugs
Hi guys new here i need some help i lost my usename and password for my network is there a way too rest it so i can make a new username and password??

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

if you lost your sympatico user/pass ya have to call them. if its one you used for the modem hold the reset button in for 10 seconds and it should be back to factory spec
fredbalsdon6
Petawawa, ON

fredbalsdon6

yes i lost the password username for the mondem too change the settings.

Think2
join:2005-10-07

Think2

How do you make the changes and what range can I change the ip on my 6520 if I cannot use the above mentioned IP?

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

you have to use what ever ip your modem is
LetsGetDrugs
Moncton, NB

1 edit

LetsGetDrugs

Updated

oct7routeraccess.zip
1,205 bytes
Unzip to a folder and open index.htm
Added a couple new pages that I found (Firewall Settings, Learn More) and also put the menus that come with the Efficient firmware (Users/Devices/Gateway). Let me know if the menus work on Bell firmware, I don't have a Bell modem to test on.
Also, if you want to use a different IP for the router, you only have to update the nav.htm file where it says to at the top of the source code.

Edit> Removed Firewall Settings since it doesn't work, added input box for IP address

MBaudot
Premium Member
ON

MBaudot

Premium Member

Druggie,
all appear to work OK except "firewall settings" which just brings up the basic modem setup window again (within the main modem window) -otherwise OK ...thanks.
LetsGetDrugs
Moncton, NB

LetsGetDrugs

When you go to the Devices menu, can you see clickable icons in the left router menu for the different computers, or is it the same as the Bell Devices menu?
fredbalsdon6
Petawawa, ON

to LetsGetDrugs

Re: Easy way to access hidden pages in 6300/6520

Hi i need some help here i cant get into my momdem settings page caus ei lost the password and username you have too put in for my network or waht ever its called is there a way too rest it so i can get too the momdem settings??
LetsGetDrugs
Moncton, NB

LetsGetDrugs

What does that have to do with hidden router pages?

Hold the reset button on the back/bottom until power starts blinking, then release for 1 second and hold it again right away until power goes red. If you have more questions make a new topic.
fredbalsdon6
Petawawa, ON

to LetsGetDrugs
I posted on this topic cause i needed somehelp caus ei own the 6520.

Magales
@sympatico.ca

Magales to LetsGetDrugs

Anon

to LetsGetDrugs
Many thanks for those configuration files. I was having so much troubles (spikes in transfert for larges files and +). When I saw the QoS menu I immediately jumped on it and it was enabled... Turned it off and after some testing the spikes seems to be gone.

janie_2
@sympatico.ca

janie_2 to LetsGetDrugs

Anon

to LetsGetDrugs

Re: Updated

Hello Mr. Drugs,

You seem to like Bell service, and also appear to have a lot of good ideas that folks find useful. I'd like to ask you if accessing the hidden pages on the Speedstream in combination with some basic testing and settings changes will help us resolve the problems we're experiencing with this crazy modem? Do you recommend hooking up our old Linksys hub with this modem until something can be done to resolve all this nonsense? I have faith that Bell will get there eventually, but I have to live with my internet until then..

As background, I switched our home network solution to Bell early in summer/05, and received the now-famous 6520. Called Bell Tech Support today with an ongoing problem of slowdowns & disconnects, but they didn't give me much help at all. It was particularly heartbreaking that nary a ticket would be opened for our woes. Sigh.. I think I have to do this on my own.

The symptoms began immediately. My boyz started complaining about slowdowns, pausing and disconnects with their online games as soon as I replaced the 5yr old modem/gateway. I'm frustrated that I can't transfer files very easily on the home LAN as the machines lose touch with each other all the time (4 PCs hard-wired and all running XP, 2 could use wireless, but i have to make the ethernet work first). I have a history of configuration persistence, and would really like to just find a solution

I've been a Sympatico member for 10 years now, so wanted to stick with something I know is usually pretty good. We have UltraHigh and the technician today said our line was very clean. I noticed no patch download on the Siemens site to stop the issue, but see by all the postings that I am not alone. i am willing to try out some of the posted suggestions from this forum and have tinkered with some gateway/router settings in previous lives. I am no pro -- and certainly not current.

What sage advice might you have? Can you get me started?
rimmer
join:2005-10-17
Niagara On The Lake, ON

rimmer to LetsGetDrugs

to LetsGetDrugs

Re: Easy way to access hidden pages in 6300/6520

with this software is there a way for me to set up my PS2 to run static ?? I have had alot of connection issues with it and Just want to keep it online for gaming .. my internet however is working fine but ps2 requires ports open and stuff like that ..

Please hlep me out here

thanks

canoe
Have Fun, Life Is Short
join:2004-04-19
Nepean, ON

1 edit

canoe

[OFF TOPIC.. so perhaps these posts should be moved ??]

I had a somewhat similar problem which may or may not be related to your issues - see »www2.dslreports.com/foru ··· 13503227

Never got resolution from Bell or Siemens. My workaround was to power up all devices incl the 6300 to get all IPs setup. If I power off anything the router/switch tables get corrupted UGLY!

Since then, for other SNR issues with the 6300, I've gone back to a SS5200.
rimmer
join:2005-10-17
Niagara On The Lake, ON

rimmer

I fixed the issue with this router software from this thread.. I turned off QOS (quality of service) and boom less errors faster speeds and played socom for 5 hours straight no lag..I don't know I can't explain it ..
LetsGetDrugs
Moncton, NB

LetsGetDrugs

Interesting, rimmer. There was a post on page 1 where disabling QoS improved connectivity as well. Maybe this could potentially fix alot of similar problems people are posting here about their 6520. I don't have one myself, I'm got a 6300 where QoS was disabled by default. What do you mean by 'less errors'?

By the way, I have now enabled all thoes pages so they show up automatically as options in my 6300 by changing the config using telnet, so I don't even need that html file anymore.

Coopertool
@209.59.x.x

Coopertool

Anon

Hi folks

How does one telnet to the speedstream 6300 ?

Any help appreciated

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Coopertool :

Hi folks

How does one telnet to the speedstream 6300 ?

Any help appreciated
You can't telnet on Sympatico Firmware. The telnet port is closed.

Coopertool
@209.59.x.x

Coopertool

Anon

Hi

I am way out in the caribbean. I dont have Sympatico. My modem is from cable & wireless

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 edit

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Coopertool :

Hi

I am way out in the caribbean. I dont have Sympatico. My modem is from cable & wireless
Ah, well in that case, you might want to try to see if the telnet port is open. If you're using windows, do this:

1. Start/Run, enter "cmd" and hit enter "without quotes".
2. Type "telnet" and hit enter.
3. Type "open 192.168.x.x" that being your modem's IP
4. Try whatever user & password you have set for your modem, if that does not work, you'll have to use ICGabe's utility to set a temporary user/password.

»www.gabrielstrong.com/ and download SpeedStream 5200 FTP.

By the way, do you mind sharing what Firmware do you have on your modem?

Coopertool
@209.59.x.x

Coopertool

Anon

I dont mind sharing it at all. How do I back it up or save it?