spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jsbaker
join:2002-07-13
Houston, TX

jsbaker

Need desperate help with Animated gif and photo

Hi all I am desperate need of help. I have a a static image, currently it is a Jpeg but that can be changed. I also have an anumated gif which we want to put on top of the static image. Can anyone help me and give me aclue as to what I need to do this?

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

What software do you have available?

Pretorious
Theres more behind the pic than the wall
MVM
join:2003-01-08

Pretorious to jsbaker

MVM

to jsbaker

Re: Need desperate help with Animated gif and phot

Is there a link where one could download these two files?
jsbaker
Houston, TX

jsbaker

Re: Need desperate help with Animated gif and photo

I have photoshop cs2, illustrator cs2 and iphoto available at the moment but could probably get a hold of something else if needed. The other problem which I did not put in the original post os that I need the gif to still animate. I can look into posting the images tomorrow while I am work.

fourboxers
Mod
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers

Mod

Would you rather learn how to do it or post the images?
jsbaker
Houston, TX

jsbaker

I'd rather learn how to do it since this likely not the last time it will come up. Thanks in advance for the help and instruction.

fourboxers
Mod
Toronto

1 edit

4 recommendations

fourboxers

Mod

Okay I'll try a tutorial and apologize in advance for the screen shots being so large.

Open both the gif and the jpg in ImageReady, with the gif as your current working file you need to make note of the number of frames in the animation window. Shown at the bottom of the screenshot, if you don't have this window just click window/animation to have it open.

Next click your jpg and in the animation window next to the garbage can is a button to duplicate the frame. My animation has three frames so I hit it twice.

Now click back to your animation (in my case the snow) and use the triangle under the close box in the animation window and choose select all frames, press it again, choose copy frames.

Back to your still photo, click the triangle again and choose select all frames, triangle again, choose paste frames. Make sure you have the Link Added Layers box checked and the paste over selection checked.

Now if you need to move the animation choose the layer move tool it's at the top 3rd left of the show transform box. Also make sure you have the layer highlighted in the layers palette (the one with the eye). Click and move the animation wherever you want (it will automatically move the corresponding animation layers since we linked them in the paste)

Once the frames are together you can change the timing on the animation under each frame in the animation window, you should match the timing from your gif image to keep it looking right.

Now it's time to optimize again if the window isn't open just click window/optimize. I took the screen shot with the 2-up tab chosen so I could see how much difference changes made. Make sure to choose gif in the format dropdown and you can adjust how many colours are used, dithering etc. which all affect file size.

Go to file save optimized as name the gif and save.

Here's my completed gif

If I've missed anything or you have any questions feel free to ask.
jsbaker
Houston, TX

jsbaker

That is agreat tutorial, I am going to give it a shot this weekend and hopefully it will be a success.