Search similar:

uniqs

FastEddie

join:2000-12-29
Channel Z

1 recommendation

FastEddie

[request] New Way To View Pictures

If a post has multiple pictures when you click one to view it the rest will be shown on the left side. If you click on one on the left side it becomes the main picture. You can try it on this post »Gettin down in Chinatown!!!

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

1 recommendation

justin

Mod

Re: New Way To View Pictures

That one isn't such a great example because the original sizes of the pictures are too huge. This one is better
»Gettin down in Chinatown!!!
eg:
»/speak ··· Q9NDA%3D

INTENS1
Never Stop Trying
MVM
join:2002-04-21
Midwest

INTENS1 to FastEddie

MVM

to FastEddie
Very nice..

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to FastEddie

Mod

to FastEddie
I agree with INTENS1...very nice! I like.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

1 edit

fourboxers to FastEddie

Mod

to FastEddie
I also like it, but the browser title bar needs to be fixed.
Fixed thank you.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
This is fabulous! Thanks for the hard work!!!

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
W00T! I like it a lot.

Vamp
5c077
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
MD

Vamp to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
I just noticed earlier when I went to look at a thread in one of the photo forums..

I really like it alot, makes it a lot easier to view posts with many images.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
Any thoughts on making images that are already full-size somehow indicate as such?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
I don't like it because I can't go directly back to the page before. You look at all 5 photos and then try to go back. You must click through 5 photos before you can get back! That is awful!

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

bobrk

Premium Member

No, you click "topic" and you're back before you can click your heels together three times.

ironwalker
World Renowned
MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ

1 edit

ironwalker to FastEddie

MVM

to FastEddie
Excellent idea!

Thank you.

Mele20,you could also just click the drop down menu on your back button at the top of your browser,if you have one, and go directly to the thread or "all forums".
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
Click for full size
No, clicking "topic" does nothing but refresh the picture page.

What on my back right click menu should I click? I see nothing to click except "back" which is what I always click to get out of a picture and go back to the thread. (Unless the picture opens in a new tab and then I just close the tab).

There is NO WAY to get back except clicking through 5 pictures! This is a horrible idea. I will never enlarge any pictures that are done this way.

There isn't even the four left navigation buttons where I could at least click to go to Followed and then from there to the forum and then to the thread again.

These pictures do not open in a new tab as they should. That would be ok if they opened in a new tab as I could just close the tab after looking at them.

I'm using Fx 1.0.7 with Tabbed Browser Extensions.
Mele20

Mele20 to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
Click for full size

If I use IE clicking "topic" does something but it doesn't get me back to the topic. Plus, I only used IE to see what would happen. I would never use IE on a regular basis as I hate it because it has no tabbed browsing and has active X and horrible cookie management.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Mele, it may be something on your end. I'm using IE and go back to the Thread when I click on Topic.

MorWired
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03

MorWired to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:
What on my back right click menu should I click? I see nothing to click except "back" which is what I always click to get out of a picture and go back to the thread.
On most browsers, the back and forward buttons have pull down menus that allow you to go directly to a page.

Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20

Premium Member

This browser has that feature. I have never looked at it before or used it. Why would I want to? I don't want to have to go all the way up to the top of my browser to the back button. I want to right click on the part of the page I am presently on and choose "back" from the right click menu. That should take me back to the thread instead it takes me back to the previous photo. This is a bad idea. It is like so many changes here recently. It creates extra work for the user. It doesn't make anything better.

If the "topic" button worked in Fx and didn't take me to a "forum doesn't exist page" in IE then that would be a good solution and I would be happy. I haven't tried any other threads with multiple photos yet so maybe the "topic" button works on other threads? Maybe it just doesn't on this example thread? Or, maybe in Fx it won't ever work if you use TBE or another tabbed browsing extension?

Also, I frequently use mouse gesture for back. How can I do that now? It won't work. Bummer.

fourboxers
Mod
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

By Fx do you mean firefox?
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Yes. (Fx is the official abbreviation according to MoFo).

fourboxers
Mod
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers

Mod

Well I tested it in 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 logged in and not and the topic link works with each of them.

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Hmmm. Clicking on "topic" works for me on Safari, Firefox (both PC and Mac), and IE and Opera on PC. there must be something wrong with your system.

Although, I did notice that it doesn't work if you're not logged in. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 edit

dadkins to FastEddie

MVM

to FastEddie
Click for full size
Full Screen shots chop off the picture with the new Preview Thumbnails.

Any way to defeat this new feature?

NOTE: This happens on a normal screen, my wide screen does not have this problem for obvious reasons.

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

bobrk

Premium Member

It's probably because it's not a graphic document anymore, it's a web page, and those don't get automatically scaled in windows.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

1 recommendation

justin to dadkins

Mod

to dadkins
click on it again, and it will be full screen without thumbnails.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
I have tried this in Fx, IE, Netscape 7.2, Mozilla 1.6, and Opera 8.02 and the "topic" button in all browsers (except IE) simply reloads the current page. In IE "topic" leads to an error saying the forum does not exist. I don't believe I have anything wrong with all these browsers. I am using XP Pro SP1a if that makes any difference.

This simply does NOT work. And it isn't anything to do with TBE in Fx because Netscape, IE and Opera don't have that.

MorWired
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03

1 recommendation

MorWired

Premium Member

The topic button also works fine for me. The error message you showed is one that people receive when they're not logged into the domain to which they're being directed.

mjf
MVM,
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA

mjf to justin

MVM,

to justin
How about a back to where I was.

Gizy
Have you thanked a soldier today?
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
Midwest

Gizy to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
This is great and does make it to much easier to view a lot of images at one time. (Helpful since I hang out in the DI forum). And the "topic" link takes me right back to the thread.
Great job!
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20 to MorWired

Premium Member

to MorWired
said by MorWired:

The topic button also works fine for me. The error message you showed is one that people receive when they're not logged into the domain to which they're being directed.
I am logged in to dslreports! The thread with the photos does not jump to bbr. It stays on dslr as does the pictures so your theory is wrong.

edited for clarity

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

1 recommendation

fatness

What's your theory? It's working for other people using the browsers you're using.