spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jeev1

join:2003-06-12
Los Angeles, CA

cancel charter, what happens to my email?

i'm going to cancel charter.. what is going to happen to my email accounts? how does this work with this horrific 15th century high speed internet?

thanks.

sittin_tech

join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN
kudos:2
I believe you will loose any charter email account and all emails on the server as soon as you cancel your HSI service.

Tech5782
Premium
join:2005-05-22
Louisville, KY
reply to jeev1
If everything is done properly, those email addresses will be suspended/purged when the service is disconnected.

jeev1

join:2003-06-12
Los Angeles, CA
reply to jeev1
thought so.. i shouldn't expect any better service from a company that has 3mbit cable 10 minutes from a place with 7mbit cable.. oh, tech support which doesn't know anything but ping and traceroute.. and the best hold times for phone support when latency issues are occuring (weekly).

thanks for your help!

j

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

2 edits
reply to jeev1
Don't they still forward your e-mails for 30 days, if you inform them? Used to a long time ago around here.

Fangz

join:2000-10-11
Magna, UT

1 edit
reply to jeev1
All account information from logins to email is deleted.

They didn't setup forwarding while I was there and still don't to this day.

**Forgot to mention also effects the Charter High Speed Security Suite, you loose functionality.**

InnerMe

join:2002-08-30
reply to jeev1
I don't think they have an obligation to some one that's no longer there customer.

johnsisland
Premium
join:2005-02-27
Yakima, WA
reply to jeev1
Easy answer to your problem, spend a few more dollars each month and have your own e-mail address for as long as you pay the bill.

I pay $15 a month for my lame web site, with about 10 e-mail accounts, and a large e-mail storage.

Therefor I am not beholden to any broadband provider, and can switch anytime I find a better/cheaper deal.

Jeff

stridr69

join:2003-05-19
San Luis Obispo, CA
reply to jeev1
Ya know, I've been preaching this gospil forever:
GET A FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT AS YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT!!!!
HELLO!!!!
Jeeze, people-Yahoo, MSN, AIM, ect..offers FREE e-mail. I have Charter HSI, but don't have Charter as my MAIN e-mail account.
Why? Well....jeeze, ain't wast'in my time explaining myself here..
As P.T. Barnum stated way back when:"There's an idiot born EVERY minute"
'nough said...

KEN_JOHN

join:2002-08-07
O Fallon, IL
reply to jeev1
I've had the same e-mail address for over 8 years. At www.bigfoot.com offers free free e-mail forwarding, you will never get an account there never have worry about changing your e-mail address. Since then I've had 3 or 4 ISP's no one has know the difference.

»www.bigfoot.com/ef/en/index.jsp

Kenrin

join:2004-05-13
Greenville, NC
reply to jeev1
gmail seems to be the best, google is pretty reliable too

macflow

join:2005-11-18
Louisville, KY
reply to jeev1
lol why would they be obligated to let you keep your email account if you aren't keeping their service? what in the heck..

plattypus1

join:2005-04-08
Riverside, CA
reply to jeev1
GMail. 2 GB of storage, from a reputable company, and a very innovative interface. (Trust me, once you use it, you'll never go back.)

Charter, like any ISP, will kill your e-mail address if you are no longer a subscriber.