spc
Search similar:

uniqs

zphattman1
join:2002-03-10
San Francisco, CA

zphattman1

Harbour Freight Is such a joke?

I called and went online to there web site.
I was told by the nearest location to me.They had two of the trailers i wanted.They said they had ten of one and five of the other models.I even gave them the parts# to check there inventory.

So i went to the local store.Tried to buy one of the trailers that you have to assemble yourself.Oh we don't have the complete trailer.Pluss they were rude when i called.So i got the store manager.She said shed give me the bigger one for the same price.Its normally 229.It was on sale for 189.So she knocked another 20 off of that trailer.For 189.

I also complained about the rude customer service on the phone.I think is why she gave me a discount.I also stated to make sure it was a brand new and unopened or returned item.She said usually they are returned to the factory.if its returned.So after waiting and letting them take care of my sale.i had my car loaded by an employee.Thought i was all set to go.

knot!
I found it had been partially assembled and the bags to the screws and bolts had been opened and used.So there for i didn't even know if all the parts are in the kit.I tried to assemble anyway since it was a good price.If it is not assembled in the proper manor by the manual.it will not get passed by Dmv.They also told me this on other occasions when i called to see if they had one.

Well after a few hours of trying to follow the manual and instructions.I gave up in utter useless futile venture.All to possibly find out its not dot certified.if i didn't complete the construction right.

Well ill tell yea its such a joke and piece of junk.I wounder if they really sell any that get completed and ACTUALLY gets put on the road.

For another 20 bucks i see trailers all the time in the paper and internet allready to go.with plates title

I think its totally useless to buy one of the pre packaged trailers and try to do it yourself.Even ones from Home depot you have to put a floor on or simaler construction to it.I think i learned a good lesson here.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Pluss since i got such poor treatment from Harbour Freight.
the only thing i did appreciate is they loaded it in my car.
It was very heavy.I said thanks and left.
I am never shopping there again.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool

Premium Member

Thats a mixed bag. Harbour frieght is like the dollar store of home improvement. There are some great deals but you really have to know what you are doing and getting.

You got a GREAT deal, they loaded it in your car. It seems the only issue with them sucking is the ONE person you talked to on the phone.

You state all trailers you buy and put together are crap so you can hardly blame HB if they are offering what everyone else is. ( and actually giving it to you for a steal)

I have had nothing but good experiences with them and would use them again myself.
Spensergig
Past my Prime
MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

Spensergig to zphattman1

MVM

to zphattman1
XM Radio, your (former) bank, T-Mobile, Harbour Freight, ...

At this rate, within a year there won't be anywhere you can shop.
I can't imagine why you have such bad luck.

zphattman1
San Francisco, CA

zphattman1

Well to bad the Sale didnt go as smooooth as the refund did.
I walked out with a full refund.I said thanks.The manager
was not to warm and fuzzy.Just did her job.And they picked it up from my car to.if only it had been painless to start with.i might still be a customer there.

i shoulda got paid for the trouble to return it.It took two hours round trip.With traffic etc.Friday afternoon weekeend rush.

KCB_PDX
World Gone Wild
Premium Member
join:2003-07-09
Scappoose, OR

KCB_PDX to Spensergig

Premium Member

to Spensergig
You forgot SBC...

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed to zphattman1

Premium Member

to zphattman1
As I said in another one of your threads - are there any companies that don't suck?

shimonmor
Premium Member
join:2000-12-30
Sedro Woolley, WA

shimonmor

Premium Member

A lot of their stuff is Made in China junk. You do get what you pay for.

I've bought stuff from them before and quickly learned what is worth spending money on and what isn't.

Next time spend the extra money and buy locally from a local builder. I bought a 6x12 trailer that was made near here for about $2k. I could have bought a Made in China version for about half the price but it wasn't worth it. It was junk. Lesser quality metals, sloppy welds, cheap rims, etc....

I'm not one of those "Buy American" only people. I won't buy American junk (many automobiles) because I don't believe in subsidizing poor quality. But take a look at locally made stuff and it may well be worth the extra cash.

Cheap isn't always the best way to save money. I believe in spending my money once.

zphattman1
San Francisco, CA

zphattman1

I AGREE 100%about paying afew dollars more for something
of higher quality and longer life expections.I was also concerned that if it was not assembled properly it would
not be passed by DMV.Also i have been informed by employees(Harbour Freight) that many get returned when they don't get passed by DMV.

I had also told them i required one that wasn't opened or sold before.I had found it had been partially assembled and the parts had been opened.The manager of the store said it wasn't possible to be used and returned.Since if it had been returned they send them back to the factory.

Anyway i found a local store that sells these items.They have a really nice trailer.For 700 to 849.They said for a fee they would assemble it or i could.I just do not have enough confidence or mech ability for a trailer assemble.

So i will prob buy it.I am not sure where its made.They said it was shipped and they could build it or i can.I think since its a towed vehicle.I don't want to take the chance it would fail and possibly couse an accident or couse injury or loss of life to other motorists.

I don't think trailers should be sold in this manner.
(assembled)by he masses.scares me to think some may be inf error on the road next to my car.

E_V
Premium Member
join:2000-09-29
Mexico

E_V

Premium Member

said by zphattman1:

I don't think trailers should be sold in this manner.
(assembled)by he masses.scares me to think some may be inf error on the road next to my car.
What manner would that be? Cars are assembled by [he masses]. What would cause you to feel they aren't qualified? I don't recall hearing any instances of preassembled trailers flying apart suddenly.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight to zphattman1

Premium Member

to zphattman1
Do you think all trailers come pre-assembled?

Imagine the shipping costs of pre-assembled trailers vs. shipping 100 of them on a flatbed trailer.

I worked for a boat company many years ago and all boat trailers of all sizes arrived unassembled. All Winter was spent assembling boat trailers for sale in the Spring. Not one was ever returned for falling apart.

Seeing how you are unsure of assembly yourself just pay the fee and have it done right.