share rss forum feed

batsona
Maryland

join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Verizon FiOS

Measurements of ONT, power spply & batt.

I've got a 20" by 30" plywood pannel in my basement ready for the Verizon equipment. I've seen plenty of pics of these items, but can only approximate their dimensions.

I'm starting to think 20X30 might be tight. Can someone give me the measurements of the a.)ONT b.)Power Supply and c.)Battery unit?

I checked the mfgr's website (ONT), but tech info on the ONT was hard to find since their recent acqusition.

sdgthy

@optonline.net
For a 610(x), I have:
ONT as H15.8" x W12.5", D5.05".
BBU as H7.5" x W9.5".
ONT power supply as H4" x W2.5".

For a 611, only the ONT:
16.33” high x 12.69” wide x 4.5” deep

jmich
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Toms River, NJ
reply to batsona
Doesn't the ONT have to be mounted outside like a NID?

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
said by jmich:

Doesn't the ONT have to be mounted outside like a NID?
It can be mounted inside or out. It is usually mounted on the outside for ease of access. If down the road any type of service needs to be provided, if it's outside you don't necessarily have to be home. If it's inside, you obviously would need to be. The other reason is that the pre-terminated ends of the fiber are approximately 1" in diameter. That's a decent sized hole that will need to be plugged as well.
--
"What gives them the right to come in and do this?" she said. - Lady complaining that she was getting FIOS in her backyard.

minnig1

join:2000-02-22
Flower Mound, TX

1 edit
reply to batsona

Pictures of the installation here with ruler

ONT 1

ONT 2

Inside 1

Inside 2

Here are some pictures of the installation here with a ruler in the picture for scale.

I *love* the FIOS. Getting the TV in 2 weeks.

indano71760

join:2005-04-23
The 611 power supply and BBU are different size then the 610X units. Also, there are reports of a 611 in a new indoor only case.

Kirby Smith

join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH
Reviews:
·Fairpoint Commun..
reply to batsona

Re: Measurements of ONT, power spply & batt.

My understanding from another thread is that the fiber optic connector at the end of the fiber from the pole is one inch in diameter. What is the diameter of the cable connected to the connector? In the photos above, I cannot see its limits at the ruler clearly enough. I am guessing 0.25 inches, but would prefer a direct measurement if any of you made one.

Thanks

kirby

aaron12345

join:2002-12-17
Falls Church, VA
reply to batsona
The whole has to fit the connecter since all cables a pre-terminated.

Kirby Smith

join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH
Reviews:
·Fairpoint Commun..
reply to Kirby Smith
I found a nearby drop not yet connected to an ONT; the connector measures 0.80 inches in diameter. The Corning fiber is oval, and the thin width is 0.18 inches. These values allow a one-inch hole to accommodate two pre-terminated cables since the second connector has to pass by the first cable.

This is the data I needed to ensure that I have the proper size Forstner bit available when my install occurs. A Forstner bit will keep my siding from splintering.

kirby