spc
Search similar:

uniqs
okj
join:2001-09-02
USA # 1

okj

[FireFox] Firefox Address Bar question

I have recently started using the Mozilla Firefox browser and like it a lot. However, I would like for the address bar to be longer and larger, much like it looks in IE6. It now is very small, at the end of the bookmark, print, etc. icons. How can I place it below these icons to stretch across the page similar to IE? Thanks for your suggestions.

Annmarie

join:2000-11-11

Annmarie

One way is to give it it's own toolbar.

In the current toolbar (navigation) right click a blank area.
Click customize and a new window pops up.
Click new toolbar and give it a name.
A new blank toolbar will appear under the current one already up top.
Go to the address bar in the current toolbar and drag it down to the new blank toolbar. It will now be very long with lots of space for typing.

Or you can remove items from your current toolbar that you do not use. The more items you remove the larger the address box becomes.

Sir Raleigh
MVM
join:2001-07-31
Raleigh, NC

Sir Raleigh to okj

MVM

to okj
I put mine on the menu bar so it could use all that unused space.

jm8
join:2003-09-21
Graceville, FL

jm8 to okj

to okj
Click for full size
AS has been posted, just move it around, to a better location. Right click on empty space then customize.

Here is how I have mine.

Sir Raleigh
MVM
join:2001-07-31
Raleigh, NC

Sir Raleigh

MVM

Yep, that's the way mine is.

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA

jmorlan

MVM

That's exactly what I did. Only I have the navigation bar just below the menu bar and then the bookmarks toolbar under that. The Google Toolbar and the Roboform Toolbar are inserted at the end of the navigation toolbar.

satyr5
join:2005-11-19
Slovenia

satyr5 to jm8

to jm8
And here is a link to my post on page 5 in a "Post your FIREFOX APPEARANCE here..." thread on MozillaZine forums with a screenshot of my Firefox's current outlook ...

satyr