Premium Member
join:2003-09-14
Rollinsville, CO

1 edit

anthrorules to CalamityJane

Premium Member

to CalamityJane

Re: New Forum: "Security Cleanup"...

"thank goodness...so that the Security forum will no longer be wasted space full of Hijackthis logs and such.

You may view helping infected users as wasted space, we view it as an opportunity to help, educate and promote PC security"

Ummm...that was not my implication...there is a place to help people and should be a separate forum...the Security forum has been cluttered with Hijackthis topics, which needs to be in another forum, than Security forum, a Security Cleanup forum is perfect.

Please do not put words into my mouth and hands.

Wildcatboy
Invisible
Mod
join:2000-10-30
Toronto, ON

Wildcatboy

Mod

said by anthrorules:

...the Security forum has been cluttered with Hijackthis topics,...
Cluttered? Hate to pick on you but the average number of HJT threads per day in this forum has been 3-5. Considering the number of posters we have, 5 HJT threads a day is hardly considered a clutter.
anthrorules
Premium Member
join:2003-09-14
Rollinsville, CO

2 edits

anthrorules

Premium Member

"
...the Security forum has been cluttered with Hijackthis topics,...
Cluttered? Hate to pick on you but the average number of HJT threads per day in this forum has been 3-5. Considering the number of posters we have, 5 HJT threads a day is hardly considered a clutter."

Yes, the number of these types of posts has decreased, but my point is that the Security forum SHOULD NOT be the place to assist people with cleaning up their computers. Again, I commend having this other forum available for doing that! Geez!

Also, I don't know where you're getting YOUR average, but doing a search on the Security forum for hijackthis during the month of December 2005, I come up with over 400 Topics related that have hijackthis logs posted.

»/nsear ··· d=1&18=1

That increases the number to close to 15 a day, which in my opinion is clutter.

You say Potatato, I say Potatoe.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

My thought is that when they were in the REAL security forum, I looked at them many times. I won't go this new forum though just as I very seldom go to the Vendors forum. Why? Two reasons: I won't think to do it and I won't have time. I think everything should have stayed in ONE security forum. I was opposed to the Vendors forum, Kerio and now this. The malware one I can see having that separate.

If there was a lot of clutter then maybe this was needed....but I only recall a very short period when there was a lot of clutter and I entertained the thought of a separate forum then and was soundly rebuffed by WCB. So, I have no idea why this forum was approved NOW when the clutter has been so little for so long. The time for it, if ever, is LONG PAST. DSLr is apt to get known as the last place to adopt a trend....:(

drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

I think one of the main reasons in creating the new "cleanup" forum was to avoid 'those' threads from being drowned into the archives, as many of them were, since the Security Forum is the busiest forum on BBR. I think I'll benefit from the new forum since I found myself bumping my own "cleanup" thread(s) in the past.