Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ISP Tech8

join:2006-01-15
Calgary, AB

1 edit

SM into AP Motorolla Canopy Hack?

Looking for the M.C crack turning SM in AP? it is possable!
Mod note: spelling edit

IntraLink
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-14
Uath Valley

Re: SM into AP Motorolla Canopy Hrack?

Never done it, but supposedly you need really old firmware.

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18

That sounds like an interesting self-inflicted way to loose an expensive piece of gear...

mrbueno

join:2002-08-03
US

I'd gamble $350 to save $1200

Semaphore
Premium

If I had any history of ever having anything go my way I might agree... but I don't and it never does. So unless it's completely fool proof I'll find away to mess it up ... and my moto sm's run closer to $900.

DaDogs
Semper Vigilantis
Premium
join:2004-02-28
Deltaville, VA

said by Semaphore:

If I had any history of ever having anything go my way I might agree... but I don't and it never does. So unless it's completely fool proof I'll find away to mess it up ... and my moto sm's run closer to $900.
Your Moto SM's are running close to $900.00! Why?
--
This is not a personal attack. If you can not respond to this post with courtesy, kindly refrain from comment. ... Thank you.

mrbueno

join:2002-08-03
US
reply to ISP Tech8

He'd try thrice.

Believer

join:2002-07-04
Baltimore, MD
reply to ISP Tech8

I think the hack only applies to P7 and P8 hardware with the 3.X software on them and I think only the 5.7GHz radios. You could go to »radio.ip.address/mac.html and there was a box to select if the radio was to be a BH, AP or SM. This wouldn't convert a non-Advantage AP into an Advantage AP though.

Once you made the switch change, you just upgraded the software and it would keep the setting. Subsequent versions of the software don't have that switch.

IntraLink
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-14
Uath Valley

You know what else would be interesting is if anyone has found a hack for the Advantage key for SM's...

There is a company in my area that is using Canopy that apparantly have figured out how to broadcast and receive on channels just outside of the regular 5GHz bands (5720MHz). Seems a little dangerous given that's no longer unlicensed frequencies.

Semaphore
Premium
reply to DaDogs

LOL .. I'm in Canada - so that adds 50%. We buy them one or two at a time 'cause there's very little demand (especially at 900 bucks each) so no qty discounts and we only have a single supplier in this area (as far as we can determine), so the price is pretty much non negotiable.

Last one I got was actually $964.00 with shipping and taxes.. that was two weeks ago. I'd love to get them cheaper, buuuut ....

DaDogs
Semper Vigilantis
Premium
Deltaville, VA

said by Semaphore:

LOL .. I'm in Canada - so that adds 50%. We buy them one or two at a time 'cause there's very little demand (especially at 900 bucks each) so no qty discounts and we only have a single supplier in this area (as far as we can determine), so the price is pretty much non negotiable.

Last one I got was actually $964.00 with shipping and taxes.. that was two weeks ago. I'd love to get them cheaper, buuuut ....
If you are willing to pay that kind of money for an SM, my boss would be delighted to talk with you... How would you like to have them for say 40 percent of that?

If you are serious, IM me. I find it hard to believe that anyone is paying that kind of money for any subscriber module from Canopy.
--
This is not a personal attack. If you can not respond to this post with courtesy, kindly refrain from comment. ... Thank you.

Semaphore
Premium

your im is disabled

DaDogs
Semper Vigilantis
Premium
Deltaville, VA

said by Semaphore:

your im is disabled
I will fix that immediately.

mowingman

join:2006-01-19
New Albany, MS
reply to Semaphore

If I had any history of ever having anything go my way I might agree... but I don't and it never does. So unless it's completely fool proof I'll find away to mess it up

AMEN to that another one in the same boat with me!!!