All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rjcarr
join:2006-01-20

rjcarr

Use Westell VersaLink 327W as Repeater / Extender

Some of the people on this forum seem to be very knowledgable about this westell model so hopefully someone can help me out with my situation.

I have another DSL modem (actiontec) that connects to the WAN and offers very similar functionality to the westell (modem, router, swtich, WAP, etc) but I've had a few problems with the westell so I'm hoping it will work out better.

So I am hoping to put the westell next to my television where my HTPC is (which doesn't have a wifi card). I would like the westell to wirelessly connect to the actiontec and then switch that over the ethernet ports.

I've searched all over the configuration but can't figure out what to do. It appears there are two relevant items:

VLAN: I can set the WAP portion as the source of the VLAN, but it doesn't seem to be doing what I want.

WAN: You can select where you want to get your WAN, but unfortunately the options are only DSL or ethernet port 1. If there was a WAP option here I think that'd be perfect.

So does this make sense? I'm hoping someone can give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

janderso1
Jim
MVM
join:2000-04-15
Saint Petersburg, FL

janderso1

MVM

To the best of my knowledge a 327W doesn’t support wireless client mode. A Zyxel P330W router ($50 at Compusa) in bridge plus client mode will do what you want.