Search similar:

uniqs

NJDRIVER
@optonline.net

NJDRIVER

Anon

Northern New Jersey Road Test

Hi,

This is a question for the North Jersey folks. What do you guys think is the easiest DMV road test site in Northern New Jersey? I am scheduled for the Wayne Rt. 46 DMV Road Test, but I noticed there is one open in Lodi too. Does anyone know which one is easier or if anyone has taken a test at either of these DMV's could you please tell me how hard it was?

Thanks!

-NJDRIVER

wiles
Premium Member
join:2002-03-17
USA

wiles

Premium Member

Hey man, if you're not good enough to pass the test in one location, and pass it in another because it is "easier" maybe you aren't ready to drive?

Just practice and take it in either. It's all the same.

NJDRIVER
@optonline.net

NJDRIVER to NJDRIVER

Anon

to NJDRIVER
I knew someone would say this, I agree with you. I'm a good driver, but I'm afraid I'm going to screw up something when one of those guys are staring down my neck.
I'm just asking about the easiest road test track. I see from Google Earth they are different at each location. I'm very careful when driving, I don't showoff like many people my age.

Thanks

ironwalker
World Renowned
MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ

ironwalker to NJDRIVER

MVM

to NJDRIVER
Aside from those taken on public streets like in Newark,I thought they were all the same.I know the test areas (stop,turns,stop on hill,parellel parking etc.) are the same.

RWoods
MVM
join:2001-08-07
Montville, NJ

RWoods to NJDRIVER

MVM

to NJDRIVER
As ironwalker said, I think all of them are the same. I took mine at Lodi and it was the easiest test I have ever taken. I could have started driving the day before and still passed.

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium Member
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ

Olias to NJDRIVER

Premium Member

to NJDRIVER
Yeah, they're the same for the most part. They were all built so the tests can be uniformly given statewide. However, you may want to go to Lodi since there's a whole lot of construction along Route 46, especially along the I-80-Rt. 23 ramps, and we know highway construction and inexperienced drivers don't mix.

Fountainhead
Premium Member
join:2003-10-25
New York, NY

Fountainhead

Premium Member

I took mine in Wayne

Its a closed track

Super easy

Have no worries.

NjOlds
Premium Member
join:2003-12-23
Clifton, NJ

NjOlds to NJDRIVER

Premium Member

to NJDRIVER
Just remember to put your meatbelt on and check your mirrors first before turning the key and the rest is a breeze. GOOD LUCK!!

NJDRIVER
@optonline.net

NJDRIVER to NJDRIVER

Anon

to NJDRIVER
Click for full size
I know this is a weird question, but what is that circled area in the picture for? Is it for parallel parking? I don't understand how that would work in that area, do they use cones or something?

Thanks

NjOlds
Premium Member
join:2003-12-23
Clifton, NJ

NjOlds

Premium Member

You are correct... They set up a couple of cones and you show your skill.

blackh8552
join:2005-12-08
Pine Brook, NJ

blackh8552 to NJDRIVER

to NJDRIVER
go to newark.. you drive on the roads

RWoods
MVM
join:2001-08-07
Montville, NJ

RWoods to NJDRIVER

MVM

to NJDRIVER
said by NJDRIVER :

I know this is a weird question, but what is that circled area in the picture for? Is it for parallel parking? I don't understand how that would work in that area, do they use cones or something?

Thanks
I think that's where they do parallel parking, k-turn, and backing up straight.

eXodus5
Premium Member
join:2005-08-04
Rockaway, NJ

eXodus5 to NJDRIVER

Premium Member

to NJDRIVER
Randolph, NJ was super easy. I didn't even finish backing into the spot to parallel park and the guy was like ok good pull out. It as the fastest 3 minutes of my life. It's a closed course also so that's fun.

But really no matter where you take it, if your a good driver you will do just fine. If you are really concerned about not passing, just practice.

Fountainhead
Premium Member
join:2003-10-25
New York, NY

Fountainhead

Premium Member

I agree that closed course is the way to go..

You dont want some idiot on the streets of Newark messing with your test.
TomBrooklyn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Brooklyn, NY

TomBrooklyn to NJDRIVER

Premium Member

to NJDRIVER
I once failed a driving test in a different state after I had been driving for about 10 years because I tried to be very careful. The tester told me afterwards I seemed nervous.

I was so pissed that when I retook it I drove very aggressively. The guy passed me, but told me to "take it easy out there."
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to NJDRIVER

Premium Member

to NJDRIVER
Wayne is a closed track. You don't drive on the streets. I took my test there 30 years ago.