spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lencer
join:2006-02-18
Lubbock, TX

lencer

[modem/router] Westell Model A90-327w15-06 Missing password

I have the Westell Modem/Router listed above. I have no idea what the user id and password I set up in the modem are and would like to change the internal setup. Can anyone help me bypass or reset the modem to accept the admin username and password?

Nymostwanted
Who Cares?
Premium Member
join:2004-06-25
Bronx, NY

Nymostwanted

Premium Member

Back of the modem, should be a small hole. Try to hold that with a pen/pencil tip until the modem power light turns red. After that, the password will be : Username: Admin Password: Password.

Remember your Verizon username and pass. Good luck and keep us posted.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel to lencer

Premium Member

to lencer
Be careful if you re-set the modem and do not remember your original username and password you will not be able to connect to the Internet if you change the PPP username and password in the modem.
It should be the same as you (if yo use it) Verizon.net username and e-mail for the primary account.

Call 1 800 567 6789 and ask them for help.
lencer
join:2006-02-18
Lubbock, TX

lencer

I do appreciate the help. However, it did not solve my ultimate problem. I got the modem when I was a Verizon customer and am now a customer of a company called AMA Techtell. The DSL tech at AMA told me the Westell modem should work with their service, but since it isn't their usual modem, he couldn't guarantee. I have tried and tried but could not get the modem to see my current providers DSL signal. Like I said, I appreciate the help, but I am still going to have to by a wireless router if I want to go wireless on my laptop. Thanks a bunch
JohnA4
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA

JohnA4

Premium Member

Check with the tech and see what VPI/VCI they use. Verizon uses 0/35. Could be that's what's wrong.

Reset the modem with the button on the back. It may auto-discover your connection after that. If not use admin/password to get in on 192.168.1.1 and edit the VPI/VCI, select what you need and save, and hope for the best. You need to get a solid sync light.