join:2003-08-04
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

1 recommendation

madirish

Premium Member

[Extension] LCD Clock v0.2

Click for full size
Nice addition to Firefox.12 or 24 hr clock.Place mouse cursor over clock and will display day,month,date and year.Changes to LCD Clock can be made by editing userChrome.css.

To read more about this excellent extension by Bloodeye and to download go here: »forums.mozillazine.org/v ··· d53ad3e5

edit:forgot to mention-chimes on the hour,half and quarter hour(optional) and has an alarm clock!
digital k
Premium Member
join:2003-12-25

digital k

Premium Member

Nice find! I just installed it, trying to figure out a way to make the background a little darker, other than that, I like it alot.

madirish
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH

madirish

Premium Member

said by digital k:

Nice find! I just installed it, trying to figure out a way to make the background a little darker, other than that, I like it alot.
in your userChrome.css file you should have this:
.lcdclock-bgcolor {
background-color: #0000FF !important;
}
if you added the code from Bloodeye.
Just change the #0000FF to any other color and save.Restart Firefox and the background color should be change.Any changes made to LCD Clock should be made through userChrome.css .In the thread that I linked to allot of changes that can be made are already posted(code).All you have to do is copy and paste to your userChrome.css file.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight to madirish

Premium Member

to madirish
Thanks madirish.

madirish
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH

madirish

Premium Member

your welcome

FastEddie

join:2000-12-29
Channel Z

FastEddie to madirish

to madirish

Excellent! I've been looking for a clock like this.

I saved everything in a folder for future use. I haven't had time to play with it, but here's a screenshot of mine.

madirish
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH

madirish

Premium Member

said by FastEddie:

Excellent! I've been looking for a clock like this.

I saved everything in a folder for future use. I haven't had time to play with it, but here's a screenshot of mine.

[attachment=1]

been using statusbar clock for the longest time.Seen this in the Moz forum and started using right away.Has now replaced statusbar clock.
hfam95
join:2003-06-20
Woodbridge, VA

hfam95

fast eddie,

Can you post your userchrome.css portion for the lcd clock. I like how yours look.

Trooper
Premium Member
join:2005-05-18
USA

Trooper to madirish

Premium Member

to madirish
Thanks for the heads up regarding this extension. It's sweet.

FastEddie

Channel Z

FastEddie to hfam95

to hfam95

said by hfam95:

fast eddie,

Can you post your userchrome.css portion for the lcd clock. I like how yours look.

You have to download the LCD fonts (which I've attached) and put them in your fonts folder.
quote:
By default LCD Clock is setup for LCD2 Bold Font. If you change the font, then more than likely you will need to change the size and postion. Here's an example for serif font, which is what it defaults to if you don't install the LCD2 Bold font.

lcdwintt.zip
73484 bytes

hfam95
Woodbridge, VA

hfam95

I actually was trying to use a font called 7 segment. For some reason FF doesn't like fonts that start with numbers. I posted on the moz forum, but haven't gotten an answer yet.

penguins4evr
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17

penguins4evr to madirish

Premium Member

to madirish
Thanks for the post about this clock and for all the info about customizing it (I must say that the extension site in the link in the first post is very helpful). I was able to change the background to a light grey (hex code D3D3D3); not as flashy but a little more toned down.

Gotta love these extensions that an average joe like me can figure how how to tamper with (with help from this board, of course ).

FastEddie

Channel Z

1 edit

FastEddie to hfam95

to hfam95

said by hfam95:

I actually was trying to use a font called 7 segment. For some reason FF doesn't like fonts that start with numbers. I posted on the moz forum, but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Forget trying to use font "7 segment" I tried for an hour and it won't work. Use the fonts I've attached below if you want a straight segmented LCD font and here's my userchrome.

.lcd-labels {
font-family: Digital Readout Thick Upright !important;
font-size: 2.0em !important;
padding: 0px 2px !important;
margin: 0px !important;
}

digreado.zip
71977 bytes

Here's what mine looks like using the fonts and code above.

hfam95
Woodbridge, VA

1 recommendation

hfam95

Thanks. Your mods and fonts worked perfectly.

tahoejeff
Premium Member
join:2001-07-01
Wisconsin Dells, WI

tahoejeff to madirish

Premium Member

to madirish
how to edit the userchrome file? open it with notepad? or is this something to be done directly in firefox?

madirish
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH

madirish

Premium Member

if you never edited userChrome.css it will actually be userChrome-example.css .Remove the " -example " and you will now have userChrome.css.You can then open it with notepad and then play with code (most of which will be copying code as above examples show in other posts,maybe changing something to suite your needs or likes and pasting into userChrome.css).You then close-will be prompted to save or not.

Have fun!

hfam95
Woodbridge, VA

hfam95 to tahoejeff

to tahoejeff
said by tahoejeff:

how to edit the userchrome file? open it with notepad? or is this something to be done directly in firefox?
Any text editor.

tahoejeff
Premium Member
Wisconsin Dells, WI

1 edit

tahoejeff

Premium Member

thank you both for your replies.
i installed the extension with the xpi file, and edited the userchrome.css file after removing -example from the filename. saved file. restarted firefox.
at no point have i seen a clock in firefox. i guess i should stick to the easy extensions where i don't need handholding.

madirish
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

madirish

Premium Member

with firefox open go to tools>view>Toolbars>Customize.Look for the clock-drag it to where you want

tahoejeff
Premium Member
Wisconsin Dells, WI

1 recommendation

tahoejeff

Premium Member

tyvm madirish! it actually works.
i'm not normally an idiot around computers, but never messed with firefox except for a couple speed tweaks in about:config.

madirish
Premium Member
Cleveland, OH

madirish

Premium Member

glad it works! Have fun

FastEddie

Channel Z

FastEddie

Has anyone been able to find a way to get ride of the "shadows of the numbers not displayed"? It would make it much easier to read and also give it a cleaner appearance.

Trooper
Premium Member
join:2005-05-18
USA

1 edit

Trooper

Premium Member

Not sure yet. Altho the code you posted does not work the same for me. If I use your code it blue background on black numbers.

FastEddie

Channel Z

FastEddie

Here's the full code I use that includes the place where you can change the background color. I use a photo editor to get the color number but you can also find them here Color Codes

.lcd-labels {
margin: 0px !important;
}

.lcdclock-bgcolor {
background-color: #E0E0E0 !important;
}

Diazruanova
Premium Member
join:2004-08-13
Mexico

3 recommendations

Diazruanova to FastEddie

Premium Member

to FastEddie
Hi FE,

this is working for me:

.lcd-fade-label {
opacity: 0.1 !important;
color: #FF0000 !important;
}

The important thing here in order to get rid of the "shadows of the numbers" is to lower the opacity value: between 0.0 and 0.2 should be fine.

The color of course, will be irrelevant

Diazruanova

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna

Premium Member

said by Diazruanova:

Hi FE,

this is working for me:

.lcd-fade-label {
opacity: 0.1 !important;
color: #FF0000 !important;
}

The important thing here in order to get rid of the "shadows of the numbers" is to lower the opacity value: between 0.0 and 0.2 should be fine.

The color of course, will be irrelevant

Diazruanova
Yes it does work!!

FastEddie

Channel Z

1 edit

FastEddie to Diazruanova

to Diazruanova

Thanks Diazruanova See Profile

I put it in my userchrome and set the opacity to 0.0 and the shadows disappeared.

Great work!

Diazruanova
Premium Member
join:2004-08-13
Mexico

Diazruanova

Premium Member

Any time
hfam95
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit

hfam95

I wish I knew you had that problem. I would have told you that earlier. I left mine slightly shadowed to give that real digital feel.

Here is my complete code:

.lcd-disp-label {
opacity: 1.0 !important;
color: black !important;
}

.lcdclock-bgcolor {
background-color:#F8F8FF !important;
}

.lcd-labels {