Search similar:

uniqs

SpannerITWks
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

Alternative 2 Windows Shared Computer ToolKit XP

This Virtualisation Software has been getting rave reviews all the over the place, so you might like to check it out. Very well supported with an enthusiastic crew.

----------------------------------------

altiris Software Virtualization Solution (SVS) is a new way to use software. By placing applications and data into managed units called Virtual Software Packages (VSP's), SVS allows you to instantly activate, deactivate, or reset applications and to completely avoid conflicts between applications, without altering the base Windows installation. Say goodbye to "DLL Hell" and "Registry Rot". Getting apps and data into VSP's is simple with an included tool. This version is the same as the regular commercial product shipped by altiris, minus the server-side components for centralized management.

Date added March 22, 2006 - File size 1.53MB - Requirements Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server - Limitations No limitations - Licence Free

»www.download.com/Softwar ··· 818.html

Dedicated website 4 altiris - »www.altiris.com/juice/svs/

Internet Explorer Virtualizer

Virtualizing Internet Explorer offers enormous benefits, but the setup has some obstacles. Jeremy Sanderson wraps the solution up into one small, easy-to-use download, available here and now.

With all the talk about virtualizing applications and protecting the base computer configuration, the subject has come up of how to virtualize Internet Explorer. The benefits of a virtualized Internet Explorer are obvious -- you don't have to worry about any spyware, cookies, or malicious ActiveX objects, because after using the browser you can reset or delete the layer that contains it.

This VirtualIE tool automates the setup for you. Simply download the ZIP file, extract the files and run install.cmd. This copies a script to your computer that runs Internet Explorer from an SVS layer; plus, it places an icon on the "All Users" desktop that users in your company can click to run the virtualized version of Internet Explorer.

»www.altiris.com/juice/do ··· asp?id=5

-------------

Lots of other stuff 4 it on there too with regular input including, Firefox 2.0 Alpha 1 (Bon Echo)

Spanner

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

quote:
Requirements Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server
Runs on 2000, unlike the Microsoft SCT. This is good, because XP drives me insane.
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to SpannerITWks

to SpannerITWks
Any one know just where this installs it self to or what the start menu name for it might be?

SpannerITWks
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

Are you going to install it ?

Doesn't the altiris www have the info you want ? Might be an idea to post on their forums hey !

Let us what it's like if you go ahead with a try out.

Spanner
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

said by SpannerITWks:

Are you going to install it ?

Doesn't the altiris www have the info you want ? Might be an idea to post on their forums hey !

Let us what it's like if you go ahead with a try out.

Spanner
Well ive tried to install 3 times it then says i need to reboot to finisht the install but it never shows up any where i can see. Also no file/folder etc dates change other than temp file.

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

Ctrl Alt Del to SpannerITWks

Premium Member

to SpannerITWks
I have the same problem as Nanaki See Profile. I install it, restart, and it appears as if nothing happened. I even downloaded the Firefox 2.0 Sample SVS, which is Bon Echo Alpha 1.vsa, Windows does not recognize the file extension, so I have no idea what to do.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

Yeh i think there install is reling on some default setting that alot of people change right off the bat in windows.

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

Ctrl Alt Del

Premium Member

said by Nanaki:

Yeh i think there install is reling on some default setting that alot of people change right off the bat in windows.
I installed SVS in my virtual machine inside VMware, so I had SVS installed in a clean environment that hasn't had much changed in it.