Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

1 edit

1 recommendation

[Info] North Massapequa, Long Island - Satan House?

Does anyone know of any page on the net, or book in print that has information about this "Satan House" on an otherwise completely normal (and nice) suburban street in Massapequa?

For those that don't know where it is, take I-495 (LIE) to the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway (135) (might be on some maps now as the "Ralph J. Marino Expressway"), south to exit 5 and it's set back about a mile in one of the developments there off the main road.

I passed by there the other night (programmed it into my GPS in the car lol), and for the first time since I started doing pass-bys in the early 1990s, I got a slight glimpse inside from my car...it looks freaking creepy inside. The house also appears much taller then the houses around it.

I remember one time back in 1993 or thereabouts, my friend and I drove down there one night about 12:15 AM and the guy who was living there was watering the side of his house with a garden hose.

Anyway, anyone know any truths to this house? My girlfriend thinks the people are probably 100% normal and they just do it to piss off the neighbors or be different. If that's truly the case, I'd like to shake their hand. If they are truly Satan worshipers, I'd rather not go inside but i am curious as to what the history of the house is.

Edit: It just occurred to me that I may have posted to the wrong forum, but I thought this forum might have enough "locals" with the information, as opposed to one of the less NY-orientated social forums.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

i didnt know this existed.
ill take a drive-by with my video camera and post it here or in the dev/null forum.

kwitko7
Shacklyn Nights
Premium
join:2000-06-10
Middle Village, NY
reply to Jeffrey

I've been there a bunch of times. It's nothing, really, just a local attraction. No Satanic rituals or anything, just an eccentric owner.

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to IllIlIlllIll

Cool. Yeah it's something to be seen - the architecture is just freaking creepy.

If you are south of "United Skates" (roller rink) you've gone too far.

The street this house is on is sort of opposite a local (small) hospital, and then the house itself is set back like 1/2 a mile 3/4's mile perhaps. It's almost a corner house, but not quite.

Jeffrey
Premium
Long Island
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to kwitko7

said by kwitko7:

I've been there a bunch of times. It's nothing, really, just a local attraction. No Satanic rituals or anything, just an eccentric owner.
The house itself intriuges me.

If the owner is just simply eccentric, I'd love to meet this guy or girl.

tommy420

join:2003-02-04
Massapequa, NY

i live in massapequa and have never heard of this..guess ill check it out

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
reply to Jeffrey

I heard of it but never had a chance to check it out.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to Jeffrey

»www.lioddities.com/Roadside/satan.htm

Jeffrey
Premium
Long Island
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

This is it. It looks creepier at night -- those pictures are way too forgiving, but that is indeed the house.

metal1
Premium
join:2002-10-27
Melfa, VA
reply to Jeffrey

Damn I lived in that neighborhood when I was young.Yes they did have the horse drawn hearse in the front yard and a coffin on the back deck
--
»www.shore-technologies.net