spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cappy2112
join:2001-12-05
San Jose, CA

cappy2112

Netgear MRVGINA.dll - disables fast user switching XP, SP2

After isntalling the latest driver (as of April 9, 2006) for the WG511V2, when XP boots, the normal screen which lets each user login by clicking on the icon/picture by their name was no longer visible.

When I went into Control Panle/Users Login Settings, and try to re-enable Fast User Switching, the folowing message is displayed

"A recently installed program has disabled the welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features you must unistall the program. The following filename might help you identify the program that made the change: mrvgina.DLL"

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
public
join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

public

said by cappy2112:

After isntalling the latest driver (as of April 9, 2006) for the WG511V2, when XP boots, the normal screen which lets each user login by clicking on the icon/picture by their name was no longer visible.
Atheros drivers had this feature for some time.
svensater
join:2006-04-12

svensater to cappy2112

to cappy2112
hi,

I have the same problem and it might be related to the wireless PCI card from netgear, but the owner of the mrvgina.dll is kind of obscure.
Maybe its a safety funtion somehow, I mean maybe it's a wireless policy.

Sven Säterberg
solarisjedi
join:2002-01-02
Lawrence, KS

solarisjedi to cappy2112

to cappy2112
taken from here: http://deviantforums.com/showthread.php?t=26088

after installing the new netgear driver/utility go to Start -->Run and type regedit.

when the registry editor opens browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/WINLOGON
Delete the key named GINAdll

Thats it....afterward you may want to go back into the control panel and check the 'change the way users log on or off' and make sure the welcome screen and fast user switching are both checked.