Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

[Kerio 2.x] Where to find Kerio 2.x

I've had a major switch around of computers at home and in the process of doing so I need to reinstall Kerio. I was using whatever the lastest free version 2 was.

Can anyone point me to somewhere I can download it, or could somebody possibly email me the setup file? I know I had it saved in a "safe place" but so far I can't seem to find it.

TIA!

--
It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways. It's that place in between that we fear - It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to.

cm64

@iinet.net.au

»download.kerio.com/archive/

You will find a copy here.

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

said by cm64 :

»download.kerio.com/archive/

You will find a copy here.
Many thanks!

urbanguy

join:2002-12-14
Toronto, ON
reply to Justakiwi

Note that Kerio absolutely doesn't have a copy of this on their server anymore. And Sunbelt isn't carrying it either. To find it, google the download file name: kerio-pf-2.1.5-en-win.exe

It's also available for download from ftp.broadbandreports.com. Go to the Forums link on the left side of the dslreports.com home page, then follow the "FTP files" link and activate the ftp service at the top of the page. After about a minute you'll have 3 hours to download anything from this area. Simply select the Kerio link and download the file.

It looks like this file is now fully and completely orphaned with no owner. Kerio doesn't care at all, and Sunbelt references v2 on their FAQ. They tell you to go look for it on the web.

gwion
wild colonial boy
Premium,ExMod 2001-08
join:2000-12-28
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to Justakiwi

downloadkerio-pf-2.1···-win.zip 2,066,178 bytes
(kerio-pf-2.1.5-en-win.exe)
download215_hash.txt 431 bytes
We had a copy archived at »ftp://dslreports.com ... I'll have to check and see if it's still available. Soon as I can, I'll try and have something linked in the forum... in fact, if memory serves... yes... and here's a set of hashes that should be helpful in verifying copies obtained through un-official channels.

I guess I saw this coming ages ago, when Sunbelt took over; it was a matter of time before the Kerio website slowly folded up and disappeared. Biggest surprise, I guess, to me was that it was up long as it has been as more than a redirect in cyberspace...

At any rate, hope these files are of some help for the die hards among us ... frankly, I'm running it on my XP laptop, no problems whatsoever, so it still has life in it. It's just going to be a lot harder to lay hands on, from now on. Great piece of software, in its glory days. Simple, lightweight and functional... I hope the metaphor isn't destined to die along with the product.
--
Semper Eadem
--

I've seen the mighty skyline fall. They turned our power down. They drove us underground. But we went right on with

THE SHOW.

JTM1051
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-08
Moorpark, CA
kudos:1

FWIW the Last Freeware Version site has Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5.

The Last Freeware Version site has quite a selection of the "Last Freeware Version" of various apps.

fatdcuk
Premium
join:2005-02-20
England
reply to Justakiwi

And for those that want to lose the splashscreen at startup
»www.brightnova.com/kpf/

kpf215

@speakeasy.net
reply to Justakiwi

»web.archive.org/web/200404041805···-win.exe