join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to djrobx

Re: Ramblings from a dinosaur

said by djrobx:

quote:
They can't compete there because current technology trumps captive programming
They can compete there, because they can offer uncensored shows. The Sopranos wouldn't really fly on network TV. Even shows like Six Feet Under which could technically work on network TV are just so much better with "natural" swearing and nudity instead of the stifled stuff we get on primteime networks.
It works in other countries, they have full frontal nudity on over the air T.V.
We are just far too prudish here in usa. look at the problems a view of 5secs or less of a tit at the superbowl caused.
here if we want to hear "fuck", "shit" or the other 5 words you cant say on OTA TV, we have to pay ~$15/month for premium channels.
--
You can never be too rich, too thin or have too much Bandwidth

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

4 edits
The censorship in this country sometimes is sometimes ridiculous. I am huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki. In his anmie movie My Neighbor Totoro there is a scene in this absolutly charming story where the Father is bathing with his daughters in the Japanese style. But because it shows animated and naked 11-year-old Satsuki and her sister 4-year-old Mei Kusakabe it is gone from the Walt Disney version. I can understand why Disney did this there would be some group out there that would see evil in this, and to Disney it just isn't worth the hassle. This is one of the reasons why I purchase my DVD's of anmie directly from Japan I pay more but I get Miyazaki's works as he intended them to be seen. This holds true with the other anmie studios in Japan a well.

DISH NETWORK ARE YOU READING THIS I WANT THE ANMIE CHANNEL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!
--
Low voltage Tech's are wimps, Real tech's use 45 pound filament transformers, plate voltages no less then 2400 volts with at least 10 amp's lighting 8877 triodes...BPL I'm coming to get you.
Expand your moderator at work