spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scobot

@shawcable.net

How to Check Shaw Internet Usage

Hello everyone. I have signed up at secure.shaw.ca, I am on Shaw Extreme connection, and I don't see anywhere on the site where to check your Internet usage (how much you downloaded/uploaded).

Anyone help me out?

Thanks

scobot

lucky644
Premium
join:2002-02-04
said by scobot :

Hello everyone. I have signed up at secure.shaw.ca, I am on Shaw Extreme connection, and I don't see anywhere on the site where to check your Internet usage (how much you downloaded/uploaded).

Anyone help me out?

Thanks

scobot
I don't think it appears until you piss them off and go over the limit and get a phone call.

onk1

join:2005-11-27
T1T 1E5
reply to scobot
When you login to secure.shaw.ca and get to the screen that shows your account balance, look under the first heading "My Shaw Internet Services" and you'll see a link called "Your Modem Usage" which pops up a new window with a monthly usage graph. If the graph is blank, well, don't worry, the headend still knows your usage

Typoprone2

join:2005-07-03
Canada
reply to lucky644
quote:
I don't think it appears until you piss them off and go over the limit and get a phone call.
Yup, that is the case, as far as I know. My friend doesn't have the link in her account either (she hasn't pissed 'em off).

ErikRP

join:2004-11-06
Winnipeg, MB
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to onk1
Keep in mind that the Bandwidth Police software runs on a 30-day, not monthly basis, so you can still get nailed even if your monthly d/l total is less than the maximum. For example your max is 100 GB downloaded, but if you had downloaded 65 GB the last week in April and 50 GB the first week of May you could expect to get a call. That's a simple example, but when you're looking at their bar graph online and thinking you're safe, keep that in mind.

Also, as I posted in another post, the Bandwidth Police seem to be cracking down. What had been a soft cap now seems to be enforced a lot more closely, at least in my area.

phantom1976
Premium
join:2001-11-08
Victoria, BC
reply to scobot
All I had to do was pick up my phone and call and ask them to add the tracker to my account

dazman099

join:2004-09-06
Saskatoon, SK
I also had to ask them to add it.

000000z

@shawcable.net
reply to scobot
Use DU Meter, I find it more accurate.

oneBullet

join:2005-12-01
Calgary, AB
said by 000000z :

Use DU Meter, I find it more accurate.
I to find du meter more accurate,but shaw will not consider it. the only way is to get shaw to add their meter. Or as others have posted just wait till they get pissed with you and then Shaw will add it.

scubascythan

join:2005-05-14
reply to scobot
They added it when I still had shaw LITE speed... They gave me an email for excessive usage lol. I was running an older comp 24/7 using BT and apparently since my upload was about 12GB and DL was under 10GB, they asked if I had a virus or something going on since it was LITE speed, 14kB/s max lol. I thought it was hilarious, apparently you can go over the limit for Shaw's restriction using LiteSpeed, I think it's only 10 or 20GB a month?