Search similar:

uniqs

pvenkat
@comcast.net

pvenkat to hpkuo

Anon

to hpkuo

Re: Some belkin routers get official dd-wrt support

Hi, I am not very good documenting stuff. It was mostly along the lines of the method documented in dd-wrt wiki and the forum there. Specifically, check the following link:
»wrt-wiki.bsr-clan.de/ind ··· R-HP-G54

The main difference being that the Belkin router has the address of 192.168.2.1 with the stock firmware. After you successfully flash the dd-wrt firmware, it will be 192.168.1.1. I flashed the generic micro build and it recognized the router as Belkin v1444.

I had to try few times as well. For some reason, it didn't work with my desktop. But, I was able to flash from my laptop.

Give it a try and post here if you have specific questions. As usual, do it at your own risk.
hpkuo
join:2001-04-29
Cupertino, CA

hpkuo

Thanks guys,

degauss1: "set the command up and hit enter WHILE THE ROUTER IS OFF. Then plug in the router." Tried it, still no dice.

pvenkat: I will give it try, when I get motivated again.
degauss1
join:2001-07-02
Hillsboro, OR

degauss1

Can you PING 192.168.2.1?
hpkuo
join:2001-04-29
Cupertino, CA

1 edit

hpkuo

said by degauss1:

Yes. I can ping and connect to the Belkin Web Interface.
said by pvenkat :

check the following link:
Tried the procedure for Buffalo with the Belkin set to 192.168.2.1. In some tries, I had the Belkin being pinged continuously. I can see when the pinging starting to be successful and tried turning on the Belkin at various points of time. No joy. Tried turning on the Belkin at different time without the pinging. Same non-success.

I think it's time for me to move on to tackle other more enjoyable challenges of life, such as tending to my garden. Thanks guys. Cheers.

Mountaineer1
Big WVU Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-01-12
Universe

Mountaineer1

Premium Member

said by hpkuo:
said by degauss1:

Yes. I can ping and connect to the Belkin Web Interface.
said by pvenkat :

check the following link:
Tried the procedure for Buffalo with the Belkin set to 192.168.2.1. In some tries, I had the Belkin being pinged continuously. I can see when the pinging starting to be successful and tried turning on the Belkin at various points of time. No joy. Tried turning on the Belkin at different time without the pinging. Same non-success.

I think it's time for me to move on to tackle other more enjoyable challenges of life, such as tending to my garden. Thanks guys. Cheers.
Same here. I tried everything to get this F5D7231-4 to accept the DDWRT firmware,but nothing works.I wish BrainSlayer would develope a specific firmware just for Belkin routers.
preacherphil
join:2004-07-20
Willshire, OH

preacherphil

Has anyone gotten DD-WRT to work on a Belkin ver 1443 router? It has 2 meg of flash and 16 megs of ram unlike the ver 1444 which has 2 meg flash and 8 megs of ram.

It will not boot just stays in a tftp transfer mode or it runs a boot cycle and then reboots. It will even go as far as broadcasting ssid and then reboot.

It acts like the reset button is reversed.

Mountaineer1
Big WVU Fan
Premium Member
Universe

Mountaineer1

Premium Member

belkin F5D7231-4 Rev (1000 or 1001)

AMD AM29LV1600B 16 Megabit (2M x 8-Bit/1M x 16-Bit) CMOS 3.0 Volt-only Boot Sector Flash Memory IC42S16800 SI 4(2)M x 8(16) Bits x 4 Banks (128-MBIT) (8 Mbyte) SYNCHRONOUS DYNAMIC RAM. (from Belkin tech support)

CPU: Broadcom BCM4712, 802.11b/54g™ Integrated Wireless AP/Router

Onboard minipci: None

Onboard antenna connectors: U.FL (2)
Eko
Premium Member
join:2004-05-04
Slovenia

Eko to preacherphil

Premium Member

to preacherphil
said by preacherphil:

.... it runs a boot cycle and then reboots. It will even go as far as broadcasting ssid and then reboot.

It acts like the reset button is reversed.
Please post your problem in dd-wrt forum and we will together resolve your reboot problem. The proper detection for your v1443 must be added.
Eko

Eko to Mountaineer1

Premium Member

to Mountaineer1
said by Mountaineer1:

belkin F5D7231-4 Rev (1000 or 1001)

Please post your data in dd-wrt forum and we will add the code for proper detection of your unit.
Eko

Eko to Mountaineer1

Premium Member

to Mountaineer1
said by Mountaineer1:

Same here. I tried everything to get this F5D7231-4 to accept the DDWRT firmware,but nothing works.I wish BrainSlayer would develope a specific firmware just for Belkin routers.
Please post your problem in dd-wrt forum and we will together resolve the problem. The proper detection for your F5D7231-4 must be added. Only 7230 is supported now.

Mountaineer1
Big WVU Fan
Premium Member
Universe

1 edit

Mountaineer1

Premium Member

said by Eko:
said by Mountaineer1:

Please post your problem in dd-wrt forum and we will together resolve the problem. The proper detection for your F5D7231-4 must be added. Only 7230 is supported now.
OK. Posted in the dd-wrt forum. Hopefully this can be fixed easily.

EDIT: I got DD-WRT micro .v23 SP1 RC6 to load on my Belkin F5D7231-4
preacherphil
Willshire, OH

preacherphil

reply to EKO I have tried to register in the dd-wrt forum but I don't get a email reply. I was registered before but cannot remember password and I keep getting wrong email address when I try to retreave it.

FYI I did get DD-WRT micro loaded once I DID NOT REST TO DEDAULTS everything seemed functional even WAN port worked but upon rebooting it would not I had to attach to serial port cfe said read error.

When I did a nvram show it locked as if nvram was too long and ran out of memory.

I reflashed and it kept rebooting. I did notice resetbutton set to default during the boot process.

Phil
preacherphil

preacherphil to degauss1

to degauss1
Eko added support for the ver 1443. so far so good.

Phil
stickstickly
join:2006-06-09
Louisville, KY

stickstickly to cu112

to cu112
Has anyone got this working with a v1111 F5D7230-4 router or similar? It is the one with the mini-PCI card and 4mb flash/ 16mb ram. Would I be able to use the full version (or VPN version) with this router?

Mountaineer1
Big WVU Fan
Premium Member
Universe

Mountaineer1

Premium Member

said by stickstickly:

Has anyone got this working with a v1111 F5D7230-4 router or similar? It is the one with the mini-PCI card and 4mb flash/ 16mb ram. Would I be able to use the full version (or VPN version) with this router?
»www.seattlewireless.net/ ··· adea6658
stickstickly
Louisville, KY

stickstickly

Thanks for the link, but the only mention of DD-WRT was that it worked with v1443 and v2000 routers. It still doesn't answer my question.

Mountaineer1
Big WVU Fan
Premium Member
Universe

Mountaineer1

Premium Member

Well,I got it to load onto my F5D7231-4.I had to do a Hard Reset ,and use a TFTP loader to get it to load thou. You can try that,but beware you could brick your router.

I set the TFTP to 20 attempts,and as the router was rebooting from the hard reset it accepted the firmware.
preacherphil
Willshire, OH

preacherphil

reply to sticksticky

I have dd-wrt flaashed on my ver 1112 4 meg flash 16 megs ram

But I had to first flash airlinkplus firmware for the rt210.

Try first with dd-wrt first you will need to tftp flash and if the router goes into a constant reboot cycle then tftp flash airlinkplus and then dd-wrt.

Phil
stickstickly
Louisville, KY

stickstickly

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try. Are you using the full version or the micro version preacherphil?
preacherphil
Willshire, OH

1 edit

preacherphil

Standard on the ver 1112. FYI Earlier the wan port would not pull an IP address. I have not tested lately in is in a WDS setting now.

Phil

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 recommendation

sashwa to cu112

Mod

to cu112

(topic move) Some belkin routers get official dd-wrt support

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[SPLIT] Firmware needed to use router into repeater mode?

stated reason was: It's own topic.