spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bfoot

join:2006-05-26

naked DSL

I have no phone service with Bell. My house is a brand new house, I don't think Bell has a wire leading into my house. I'm interested in getting the naked DSL service.

Do I have to pay the $150 connection fee? Anyway around it? Thanks.

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
join:2001-03-29
Canada
kudos:17

Is there's no drop actually going into your house then you can't have DSL with anyone.

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
reply to bfoot

Call the Sympatico business office before the weekend and find out.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to bfoot

when i was building houses we ran the bell wires to the grey box on the side of the house.after people moved in they had to call to set up a service call.

bfoot

join:2006-05-26
reply to bfoot

I don't have bell wires from the grey box to the side of my house.

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to bfoot

you should have a grey box on the side of your house.the wires are run underground to it.all new houses here have wires for cable and telephone underground,i thought that was a standard thing for new builds.

whoppiedo

@sympatico.ca
reply to bfoot

Ooohh...well, in that case you need a proper contractor or electrician to come and do a nice install through the walls. Bell techs only do repairs, and really you should call contractors for serious in home work.

Bell for outside, contractors for in. Besides, the bell guys have quotas for work and will rush things inside the house!

SuperCM

join:2005-03-08
reply to bfoot

In the interim while you wait for a drop, you could look into Sympatico High Speed Unplugged service.

dcormann

join:2005-05-11
Guelph ON

1 edit
reply to bfoot

said by bfoot:

I have no phone service with Bell. My house is a brand new house, I don't think Bell has a wire leading into my house. I'm interested in getting the naked DSL service.

Do I have to pay the $150 connection fee? Anyway around it? Thanks.
Last November 2005 we moved into our new home. There was no bell line to the house. We called sympatico for dry service and we had one person come to run the wire to the house, and then a second person come to get DSL working on the line.

The funny part is that if we ordered regular DSL + phone, we would have had to pay a connection fee for the phone. Since it was only dry service, we paid nothing - just the regular monthly fee.

al62

@sympatico.ca
reply to whoppiedo

Man you make no sense. One minute you say Bell doesn't do inside work and the nest your saying they have a quota. An electrian will charge more than Bell, so get a Bell quote and if you think it is too much look in the yellow pages .

c55399

join:2006-01-09
Montreal, QC

we (bell's tech) do inside job and it's 79$ for the first jack and 47$ for additionnals jacks. Most of the time in new houses wires are already in the wall so all we do is that we install the jacks and connect the wires in the demarc.