uniqs

Justakiwi
Premium Member
join:2004-11-24
New Zealand

1 recommendation

Justakiwi

Premium Member

[BOINC] Who would like to see an Official BBR WCG team set up?

As a follow up to this thread: »[BOINC] Who determines whether a project team gets "official" st

I thought it might be a good idea to start a separate thread.

Some of us who are crunching for WCG are keen to see an Official BBR team set up. We need to get some idea of how many people would support this idea, before we can take our request to the DCS Forum for consideration.

If you crunch (or would like to) for WCG and would like to be part of an official team, please add your name to this thread.

Many thanks!

m00kie
Yes, Nurse Ratched
Premium Member
join:2000-09-11

m00kie

Premium Member

Re: [BOINC] Who would like to see an Official BBR WCG team set u

I certainly would like to see a BBR tag in front of our WCG team. It's a worthy project and Fight Aids @ Home is not work that's being duplicated anywhere else.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny to Justakiwi

to Justakiwi
said by Justakiwi:

If you crunch (or would like to) for WCG and would like to be part of an official team, please add your name to this thread.
As a member of DCS, I watch member interest threads. It would probably be most useful if each person interested would list all the projects he/she is interested in, whether you would be interested in dedicating one or three or fourteen computers to WCG-BOINC only or one computer to fifteen different BOINC projects and which ones those would be.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

Sorry, a little confused on the discussion of WCG and what that is, but I have two machines running FAH, and BOINC Predictor@Home running on my hyper-threaded machine.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

If you're asking me, Dandy, you're asking the wrong person. I would imagine the people who are anxious to run it are experts on that subject, however, and should be able to tell you what it does, how, why, like that ...

dandelion
MVM
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

"......or one computer to fifteen different BOINC projects and which ones those would be."

No sorto, not particularly asking about WCG however will check into it more out of curiousity, but I may have misunderstood what you had said. I was assuming your suggestion was to post which project she/he was interested in and how many machines run it which I did. If my assumption was wrong and is off-topic to the thread, I'll be happy to edit.

Justakiwi
Premium Member
join:2004-11-24
New Zealand

1 recommendation

Justakiwi to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
said by Sunny:
said by Justakiwi:

As a member of DCS, I watch member interest threads. It would probably be most useful if each person interested would list all the projects he/she is interested in, whether you would be interested in dedicating one or three or fourteen computers to WCG-BOINC only or one computer to fifteen different BOINC projects and which ones those would be.
OK, well I'll start the ball rolling with ...

I have one machine crunching Seti 24/7 at present. The other machine is crunching a combination of Seti and WCG (Fight Aids project) 24/7.

I have crunched E@H and R@H in the past but right now I don't have the resources to crunch more than two projects effectively. Currently crunching WCG's Fight Aids project for Team Nova - which I'd like to see made an official team if there is enough support for that.

I'll continue to crunch both these projects regardless, but an official team for both would be nice

m00kie
Yes, Nurse Ratched
Premium Member

1 edit

m00kie to Justakiwi

Premium Member

to Justakiwi
I currently have 6 computers.
Pentium D920 - Seti/Einstein
P4 - WCG
P4 - Seti
P4 HT - Rosetta/Seti
P4 HT - Predictor/Seti
P4 HT - Currently Seti may change in a few days
John Keck
Official Boinc-Er
join:2003-01-20
Vicksburg, MS

John Keck to Justakiwi

to Justakiwi
I do almost all of the BOINC projects. Any that I can not find a BBR team on I join the BOINCstats team.

m00kie
Yes, Nurse Ratched
Premium Member

m00kie to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Just to amplify my response. The beauty of BOINC is how simple it is to add projects. With a couple of clicks I can change the percentage of time I dedicate to each project. Or I can set a project to not download new work, for example. It's because of this that it is difficult to say now, with any certainty, what I would be running or what percent of my cpu time would be dedicated to each say 3 months from now.

There are quite a few projects as you can see from this partial list »boinc.berkeley.edu/ , and there are new projects coming all the time

Minvaren
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

Minvaren to Justakiwi

Premium Member

to Justakiwi
I have 6 machines running BOINC.

They are set to equal timeshares of the following projects :

- Seti@home
- Einstein@home
- LHC@home
- CPDN (only on the three fastest machines due to WU sizes)
- WCG (Fight AIDS@home only)

If orbit@home ever gets off the ground, I will add that as well. I will be adding Malaria Control when the project opens to new users/exits Beta.

HFB1217
The Wizard Premium ExMod 2000-01

join:2000-06-26
Camelot SwFL

1 recommendation

HFB1217 to Justakiwi

to Justakiwi
Right now I have two systems doing Seti@Home
PentD 830 24/7
Pent4 HT 3.2 24/7

I am still not finished setting up 2 PentD 930s and one PentD 940 I have to OC them and do error testing before committing them.
As it stand Now I will dedicate at least one to a combination of 2 other Boinc clients which I have not decided upon as of yet.

As a side note it makes me feel good to see the Boinc forum doing well and so much good.

I just Knew it would do well.

All I can say is Great showing everyone and Thanks.

Hank

dandelion
MVM
Germantown, TN

dandelion to Justakiwi

MVM

to Justakiwi
Just an informational insert »[R@H] Official Team Helix Rosetta@Home Announcement