Search similar:

uniqs
AssTyme
join:2006-05-18
Janesville, WI

1 edit

AssTyme

2wire DSL Filter Difference.....

3 weeks ago my new 2wire 2700HG modem came with the 2wire #LFT4-1 filters included in the kit. I'm one filter short and am looking to buy more. All that I can find are #LFT4-2 filters.

Does anyone know the difference between the 2wire #LFT4-1 and #LFT4-2 filters ?

ThanX

dslwanter
20 years on this site
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X SFP

dslwanter

Premium Member

I don't think there's too much in the way of difference from filter to filter. DSLAMs give off the same AM radio signal and modems receive the same signal. Only special filters would be one for a wall mounted phone or something.

Any filter should do fine.

Mtn Charley0
join:2002-02-17
Zyante

1 edit

Mtn Charley0

said by dslwanter:

I don't think there's too much in the way of difference from filter to filter. DSLAMs give off the same AM radio signal and modems receive the same signal. Only special filters would be one for a wall mounted phone or something.

Wrong! Either filter will work, but I believe the -2 filter is made for two line phones. Standard filters only pass one pair (line one) through the filter. A two line filter has 4 pins instead of two and passes the second line also. 2Wire portals search line one and line two for DSL, thus they make a 2 line filter in case you actually have DSL on line 2.

dslwanter
20 years on this site
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X SFP

1 edit

dslwanter

Premium Member

said by Mtn Charley0:
said by dslwanter:

Wrong! Either filter will work, but I believe the -2 filter is made for two line phones. Standard filters only pass one pair (line one) through the filter. A two line filter has 4 pins instead of two and passes the second line also. 2Wire portals search line one and line two for DSL, thus they make a 2 line filter in case you actually have DSL on line 2.
I meant effect on performance of his DSL...
59126125 (banned)
join:2006-01-21

1 recommendation

59126125 (banned) to AssTyme

to AssTyme
Sure there are 2-line and single line filters, but in your case any type of plug in dsl filters would work. Radio Shack would probably be the cheapest, or you could try Best Buy or Circuit City. Average price is 12 to 15 dollars for the single line filters, 2-line filters are usually more.

Link to Radio Shack DSL filters
»www.radioshack.com/searc ··· 20filter