how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DriverGTA

@rogers.com

Easiet Place for G2 Road test?

Hey Guys

I am about to do my G2 road test (Highway) and I was wondering where is the easiest location? I did my G1 road test in Aurora, Ontario and passed it there. I've called a few driving instructors and asking them where is an easy place but they all declined to answer me and wanted a fee of $ 200.00 to reveal that...

Any suggestions?

Much Thanks!

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario
kudos:1

For $250 I will tell you.

Ryan 21
Premium
join:2002-11-24
Canada
reply to DriverGTA

I've heard from many that Aurora is the easiest, because you don't have to go on one of the 400 highways, I believe it's the 401 with a tricky on ramp. I'd say go with Aurora, less traffic and less ways to mess up. I took my G1 at Aurora as well.
--
---Ryan

MrClean132
Sassy 'Medic
Premium
join:2000-08-28
Toronto, On
reply to DriverGTA

I would suggest anywhere out of the city. I did all my license tests (G, M, F) all in the Oakville area. Then again, if you can drive you shouldn't have a problem anywhere.

One thing I would change, I would ask the instructor if I could videotape the test. I failed my G the first time because I was told I cut someone off, it was an empty street. I had no evidence to prove I didn't.

I had the same test official for my F, and I gave her this glare that if she pulled that sh*t again, I would run her over with the ambulance

renton
Come On You Spurs
Premium
join:2002-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to DriverGTA

Aurora was easy but you still go on 404.

you
Mmm, gravy train.
Premium
join:2004-06-06
Toronto, ON

2 recommendations

reply to DriverGTA

If you have to look for the "easiest" place to take a driving test, I don't think I want you on the same roads as me. Driving isn't exactly rocket science. If you can't pass the test at any of the test centres, you shouldn't be driving until you can.
--
illinformed.info

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to DriverGTA

If you want to cheat on your Math, Physics, Electronics exams go ahead. You'll just be another lousy Engineer. I've commented on this before. I have to say I don't like your approach to easy pass when it comes to driving tests. What do you mean by easy? It's in your own and fellow drivers best interest to be the best driver possible. Learn to drive properly and under all weather and road surface conditions, know the rules and obey them, respect other drivers, stop for stop signs, be courteous. On the highways with more than one lane keep right except to pass. This doesn't mean you have to drive at posted limit all the time, just know when it's OK to speed and when not to, Rule # 1 is if you want to push the limits and if you then loose it please don't take anyone else with you. Driving is a right not a privilege

--
(sig was too long)

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

We need to make this an FAQ.

Actually one of the easiest places to get your license now is Oshawa... Just be sure you understand 1 way streets.
--
»www.codecipher.com - Marking the way to tomorrow's solutions

Kev22

@rogers.com
reply to DriverGTA

St. Catherine. It was long time ago. In fact every student gone from Toronto passed. Only one failed in while day.

Snickerdo
Premium
join:2001-02-28
Niagara Falls, ON

said by Kev22 :

St. Catherine. It was long time ago. In fact every student gone from Toronto passed. Only one failed in while day.
For one, it's St. CathArines, and second, St. Catharines is actually one of the hardest, not easiest, to deal with. All G2 Exitees have to merge on to the QEW at Niagara Street, widely regarded as the shortest and harest ramp to use in Ontario. Most people I've talked to who fail the test fail it right then and there, and out-of-towners are the worst for not knowing how to use that ramp properly - if you stop at the end of the ramp, you fail. If you merge too quickly, you fail. You need to floor it and make space to merge all in the matter of about three seconds. The QEW also has a considerable amount of traffic through the city, so good luck finding a decent merge spot.

I did my G2 Exit in Peterborough, not because I wanted somewhere easy but rather it was the soonest I could get it. I passed with flying colours, and there was hardly any traffic on the 115. If you're looking for somewhere easy, go where there is no freeway, like Simcoe or Owen Sound or somewhere in Northern Ontario. You're not going to get off easily anywhere in the GTA. My advice is to learn how to drive on the worst possible freeway in Ontario before taking your G2, else you'll end up being one of those morons that the rest of us want to run off the road.
--
Bigot - Someone that has won an argument with a Liberal.
Yes, I CanChat. Can You? www.fiberal.ca

ironfist13

join:2003-01-25
StCatharines
reply to DriverGTA

try Cayuga... (if they still complete them there)...one stop sign from what I remember....
--
Power is nothing without influence.

spaterson
Premium
join:2001-09-02
Gloucester, ON
reply to you

said by you:

If you have to look for the "easiest" place to take a driving test, I don't think I want you on the same roads as me. Driving isn't exactly rocket science. If you can't pass the test at any of the test centres, you shouldn't be driving until you can.
Agreed.

Scott
--
I've been accused in the past of harbouring unbridled optimism, but I'll tell you this -- I always deliver.
-- Eugene Melnyk

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to DriverGTA

My advice is to do your G2 at a place where you are familiar. Sure the examiner will tell you what to do where, but being familiar with the roads and ramps will let you anticipate what you need to do before the examiner tells you. This also is a case of where practice does make perfect.

I did my G2 at Victoria Terrace (quite a number of years ago) and it was regarded by many as one of the harder places do the test. Personally I found it much easier than my G1 test which I did at Aurora.

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver

1 edit
reply to DriverGTA

SIMCOE

I did it there after failing in St. Catharines (G2 Exit), and it was really easy.. Just make sure you move your head from left to right after a red light or stop sign, and make sure you stay in the right hand lane.

I went there standby and got in the same day. They also have no hwy, so it's even better!

tyler00
Premium
join:2001-06-27
Pickering, ON
reply to DriverGTA

For me, Morningside. For my buddies, Victoria Park and Lawrence. Unless people have to do their g2 exit test like 10 times, how would anyone know the difference between the centres?

Just try to get over the fact that it's a test. Yeah it sucks that it costs $75 again if you fail. But if you fail it could be an indication that you need to improve a bit (but not neccessarily because like an above poster said, sometimes you get screwed over for no reason!)

It's really an easy test. At Morningside I:

-Left the parking lot
-Went to a nearby residential area
-Performed an emergency stop
-3 point turn to turn around
-Went back to Morningside
-Got on the highway going east
-Merged, make a lane change left and then back to the right
-Get off at Meadowvale
-Get right back on the highway going west
-Merged, make a lane change left and then back to the right
-Got off at Morningside
-Went down to Sheppard and back to the centre from there

It couldn't have taken more than 10-15 minutes. Just relax!

DrkNemesis8

join:2002-10-02
Kitchener, ON
reply to DriverGTA

SIMCOE is the easiest.
Theres no hiway, and the test is the same test they take you on for your G2 and G.

Fastest speed you go is 80.

I did both of mine in the winter, and it was snowing for both. Never went over 40km each time.

Expand your moderator at work

d222

@216.94.x.x
reply to DriverGTA

Re: Easiet Place for G2 Road test?

go to Orangeville its easy as pie as long as you don't get the big guy.